Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I wish oQueue was still a thing.

The oQueue tool was much more robust and gave you more information than the garbage built in LFG tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just to be able to queue myself so if others are specifically searching for someone they can just search the queued people and find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    The oQueue tool was much more robust and gave you more information than the garbage built in LFG tool.
    Have you considered downloading and using oQueue -- which still works, over the LFG backend -- to address this?

oQ was decent, but before Blizzard's LFR tool it was more a necessary evil than it was a resourceful add-on. The dudes who made it are pretty scummy and have repeatedly created multiple alts on this forum to gleam exposure and garner donations. (This is why the add-on was banned from Curse. They're doing it more for the profit than the community.) If anything, I miss OpenRaid far more than I miss oQ.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    oQ was decent, but before Blizzard's LFR tool it was more a necessary evil than it was a resourceful add-on. The dudes who made it are pretty scummy and have repeatedly created multiple alts on this forum to gleam exposure and garner donations. (This is why the add-on was banned from Curse. They're doing it more for the profit than the community.) If anything, I miss OpenRaid far more than I miss oQ.
    It wasn't banned from curse, they took it down because Curse makes millions of revenue off of add-ons and shares exactly zero with the people who make those add-ons. They took it off themselves to force people to go to their site to download (and of course, have mandatory monthly upgrades), where they make ad revenue. Yes, they are scummy, but no need to make up stuff.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wish oqueue was still a thing too. You had a MUCH wider choice of raids to queue up with. I miss raiding with Brits, Germans, Russians, Danes, Swedes, etc. Now I only get a tiny list of raids, like 20 max and it looks like the outcome is slightly worse than it used to be. There's nothing Tiny can do about it now, though. The only hope is having Blizzard upgrade the API to allow multi-lingual groups and more importantly, more groups returned by a search.

Openraid was alot better. Wish people were still active there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What a load of bullshit. Curse took it down because they are greedy, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    What a load of bullshit. Curse took it down because they are greedy, end of story.
    What a load of bullshit. It is widely known that the oQ developer is an asshat. Have you ever seen his ranting? Go find them.

Get the premade group filter addon, there's absolutely no reason to use oQueue or to even think about remotely supporting it's troll developer.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    What a load of bullshit. It is widely known that the oQ developer is an asshat. Have you ever seen his ranting? Go find them.
    yeah he really was a huge dick. But man his add-on was amazing. And they did remove it for him being greedy. He had the Donation button up on his addon ingame for several months. Many people complaining about it with it being a direct violation to Add-Ons. Which is the main reason Curse removed it, ontop of his doucheyness.

I just miss the community in OQ. Every run (mind you I only did PvE SoO raids / world bosses with it) Were all lead by very nice people. Now those types of players are equal to a needle in a haystack compared to the Premade Finder. Filled with Ninjas, people wanting carries, and dicks.
    Last edited by sarym13; 2015-03-06 at 08:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    It wasn't banned from curse, they took it down because Curse makes millions of revenue off of add-ons and shares exactly zero with the people who make those add-ons. They took it off themselves to force people to go to their site to download (and of course, have mandatory monthly upgrades), where they make ad revenue. Yes, they are scummy, but no need to make up stuff.
    Curse took it down due a disagreement with the Oqueue author because he had a donations button in the addon. That is strictly forbidden by Blizzard. Oqueue changed it to Send
    Beer but the damage between Curse and the author was already done.

That being said Oqueue was tolerable but it was not a GOOD addon. There was nothing better at the time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I still dont understand why Openraid died :/ So much more usefull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I just to be able to queue myself so if others are specifically searching for someone they can just search the queued people and find them.
    Yeah would love that to be added to group finder, would make finding groups a hell of a lot easier as currently people don't join groups if there is only a couple of people in the group and it usually disbands while finding members

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    I still dont understand why Openraid died :/ So much more usefull.
    Ingame finder now. A lot of people did not use Oqeue for many different reasons. Dev was a dick, did not like the Bnet spam. Did not like the functionality of it. Did not like the addon form. So those wen't to Openraid.

No need for it now.

Being finally able to transfer my saves from my alts to my main without the need to bother other people?
    The LFG tool is a blessing sent by the gods, do not dare to dispute its power.

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit I liked oQueue far more than the current dungeon finder, but it's not causing me any issues tbh. I miss the Russians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stym View Post
    There's nothing Tiny can do about it now, though.
    oh?

we responded to requests and worked to find a solution. the result is a real-time group-finder without realm restrictions. we've also added the ability to see all group members and their stats before wait listing, which will help you avoid carry groups. we're also going to bring back the karma system, with a few tweaks, to give some insight into the player's general in-game behavior. improvements and additions will be driven by the community as requests come in.

http://solidice.com/group-finder

oQueue was awful, the fact that you had to throw your battletag into the ''mesh'' to find groups meant that my list was always spam filled with unknowns and even Russians, sometimes even after ''going dark'' aka offline was ticked on in the app.
    Took like 2-3 days to stop for randoms to appear on my battletag friendslist after ''going dark'' at which point I just uninstalled it ( also due to being a resource hog and taking up more than my Elvui + Auctioneer + damage meter combined in mb's )

OpenRaid was a lot better before WoD and I preferred it above all else. But I did like oQueue more. Hated updating it all the time but there were TONS more groups to join and in my personal experience the groups were routinely more successful.