Haven't played in 4 years. Just have some quick questions

The last time I played the game seriously was right after Cataclysm came out. So I completely missed out on MoP. I've recently developed this urge to come back but I just have a few questions. I got banned on the WoW forums a long time ago so I can't ask there. I also haven't been keeping up with WoW news so if I say something stupid or talk about something that doesn't exist anymore, feel free to correct me.

1) How difficult is solo questing? One thing I noticed when I played Cata was that the regular enemies I faced while questing were quite a bit more challenging than in Wotlk. I couldn't two shot everything anymore. Sometimes, I had to be a little clever. Sometimes, I even died. That never happened to me in Wotlk. It was a very nice change. Is that same level of difficulty present in MoP or WoD?

2) How difficult are heroic 5 mans? I remember the Cata heroics being significantly more difficult than the ones in Wotlk. How do the ones in MoP and WoD compare?

3) How similar is Draenor to Outland? I know the general appearance of the zones have changed but are there any familiar locations from TBC besides famous landmarks like Auchindoun and the dark portal? Have you ever stopped at some random place while questing and gotten hit with a nostalgia bomb?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Omgodzilla; 2015-03-06 at 02:31 AM.

1. 100% soloable, but that doesn't mean you won't face challenging quests. By challenging, I don't mean that it'll take you 10x longer to kill mobs; by challenging I mean that you will have to interrupt some abilities and not stand in poop (since some raid mechanics made it into questing). Otherwise, it's soloable.

2. Not difficult at all; pretty much the same as MoP heroics were. Only difference is that there is more poop to not stand in.

3. It shows a strong resemblence, and yet is a completely different world. The rocks of Frostfire and the forests of Gorgrond throwback to Bladespire, Talador and 'Spires are basically Terokkor split in half (with Talador taking the stick forest and 'Spires taking the towering mountains), Nagrand is pretty much old Nagrand 100% better looking and a bit redesigned. Tannan is it's own zone. There are lots of recognizable landmarks from BC.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2015-03-06 at 02:36 AM.

1. Going in to WoD as a lowly-geared level 90, you will find a bit of challenge, but not much. It's a little less than cata difficulty, and depends a lot on your class.

2. MoP heroics were huge pushovers. The easiest ever for sure. WoDs are a bit harder, but are nothing compared to anything in cata. I'd compare them to cata normals, at the hardest.

3. With the exception of some landmarks, you won't really feel like it's much to do with outland. The mobs are there, but the landscape is extremely different.

1) It's pretty easy overall. Maybe Nagrand might be a little rough depending on your class/gear but it's nothing major.

2) They're easier than Catas. MoP ones made Wraths looking difficult. WoD heroics I'd say are similar to Wraths.

3) Hmm, it's quite different outside of obvious stuff. Besides the music in Talador I didn't feel a whole lot of Nostalgia.

1)Questing is a joke, only after level 96 melee have some problems cause stats, but generally its a joke, 1-2 quests 3-4 different mobs being hard.

2)Heroics are hard if both the tank and the healer are undergeared or bad, expect many wipes if either case, DPS can be managed no matter how terrible they might be then again i found Cata heroics to be easy as fuck same with MoP and WoD ones.

But generally healing is hard in WoD so most weight is how good the healer is, and how bad the tank is to mitigate his dmg cause going out of mana is a thing for those item levels.

3)Nostalgia is there , i felt it many times while leveing from areas to mobs and how they made it similar/remembered etc quick example..Spiders in Talador.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgodzilla View Post
    1) How difficult is solo questing? One thing I noticed when I played Cata was that the regular enemies I faced while questing were quite a bit more challenging than in Wotlk. I couldn't two shot everything anymore. Sometimes, I had to be a little clever. Sometimes, I even died. That never happened to me in Wotlk. It was a very nice change. Is that same level of difficulty present in MoP or WoD?
    Depends on your class and gear but it's probably around Cata's difficulty. If you are in questing greens/blues you won't be able to just pull massive amounts of mobs and expect to nuke it down and have no downtime in between. Mobs taken 1-3 at a time go down pretty easily. One nice addition is every quest turn in for loot has a chance to be upgraded (so say it's a green reward, it could turn in to a blue or epic quality upon completion), so you'll be able to gear up at a decent pace while leveling even though you missed the previous expansion.

2) How difficult are heroic 5 mans? I remember the Cata heroics being significantly more difficult than the ones in Wotlk. How do the ones in MoP and WoD compare?
    It's somewhat challenging if your whole group is in gear less than what drops from the Heroics themselves. Otherwise, it's as easy as Cata post-nerf. MoP heroics became solo-able due to gear inflation and presumably, WoD heroics will become that way (if they aren't already, to raiders).

3) How similar is Draenor to Outland? I know the general appearance of the zones have changed but are there any familiar locations from TBC besides famous landmarks like Auchindoun and the dark portal? Have you ever stopped at some random place while questing and gotten hit with a nostalgia bomb?
    They "apparently" built Draenor from the ground up, so it's going to be quite a bit different. Keep in mind this is also before Outland's "shattering". Once you get to Nagrand you'll get a somewhat nostalgic feeling with the color scheme, mobs, and general appearance. One other area to check out is the Zangar Sea (before Zangarmarsh became a zone). It has underwater mushrooms that look just like the Canopy mushrooms of Outland's Zangarmarsh.

Welcome back!

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Questing is very easy and getting from 90-100 is a breeze. They have a few quests that might present a challenge, but nothing the average player can't tackle.

2) On dungeons I am writing from a healer's PoV (Monk/Priest). In my opinion, dungeon difficulty varies greatly between each instance. Something like Auchindoun is a cakewalk, but an instance like Grimrail Depot or Shadowmoon Burial Grounds can have you pulling your hair out. If you are a healer it's easy to get frustrated because you get a lot of showboat tanks who think they are better than what they are pulling like madmen, and you got many DPS who completely ignore mechanics or interrupts. I am not some 560 or 570+ raid geared healer, so with my modest gear I have a big burden to carry in 5 mans. I have tanked each instance on both normal and heroic, and I have healed them all as well. Healing is the hardest role in 5mans imo. However, do note that if you get a group regardless of item level who knows what they are doing, most 5 mans are a breeze. I swear man, I have went through 5mans like a wrecking ball with people doing like 9k DPS (which is low) and tanks with ilvl like 630 owning it all, but have been in groups with people doing insane DPS and 660 ilvl tanks only to be frustrated while powerhealing through insane amounts of needless damage and watching people die.

3) Honestly, I don't pay much attention to Draenor. I just rushed through it on my way to 100, and I don't go there much at cap since there is no flight. Nagrand reminded me of the old Nagrand which is not a good thing since I would rather have totally new stuff instead of rehashed zones.