Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Is the Siege Engine from Blackhand casting faster?

I feel that since yesterday for sure, the Siegemaker in Blackhand's Phase 2 (on Heroic if it matters) casts it's fire faster than what it used to do. Before, it did it just before or right after the third Impale. Now, it seems it does it nearly directly after the second Impale.

Anybody else noticing this or am I simply starting to loose my mind?
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Pretty sure it's always done this. You can either eat some impales or deal with the fire.

I'm pretty sure it has always done it after the second impale.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't notice anything different on our kill this week.

On normal, it casts fire right after the third impale. On heroic, it casts fire right after the second impale. If you did normal yesterday, this is what you're feeling.
    If not, then you're just remembering wrong.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    On normal, it casts fire right after the third impale. On heroic, it casts fire right after the second impale. If you did normal yesterday, this is what you're feeling.
    Then that's what I'm feeling. Thanks.

you have to kill it with the 2nd impale, so it should be below 20% and both impales have to hit it. means you want to kite them quickly over a mine and make sure that the mines are not spawning 100 yards from where the siegemaker spawns (always on the side furthest away from the boss, so its controllable).

Yeah, they cast Fire after 2nd impale on heroic and that's what makes heroic so hard, I guess, because you need people soaking impales as you want to kill siege engine before fire.

people soaking the 3rd set of impales is the least of all problems you got. the issue is people soaking impales 1 & 2 ...

we're just letting the 2 targets of the third set of impales run roughly in the same angle and then the current tank takes both impales. much easier to throw some CDs on a tank then having to heal and CD someone else in the raid. not a big deal really.

Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    you have to kill it with the 2nd impale, so it should be below 20% and both impales have to hit it. means you want to kite them quickly over a mine and make sure that the mines are not spawning 100 yards from where the siegemaker spawns (always on the side furthest away from the boss, so its controllable).
    40% if both hit. 20% if only one hits.

We stop at 45%-50% because dots take care of it.

we're just letting the 2 targets of the third set of impales run roughly in the same angle and then the current tank takes both impales. much easier to throw some CDs on a tank then having to heal and CD someone else in the raid. not a big deal really.
    We do something similar. But the tank going up takes too much damage (or at least did with in week 1 before we had sets etc), so what we did was mark both tanks. The 3rd set of impales makes sure both impales hit the off-tank. As soon as the main tank goes up, the off tank picks boss up. By the time he gets sent up, the impale debuff is gone.
    Last edited by Joorad; 2015-03-06 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    I feel that since yesterday for sure, the Siegemaker in Blackhand's Phase 2 (on Heroic if it matters) casts it's fire faster than what it used to do. Before, it did it just before or right after the third Impale. Now, it seems it does it nearly directly after the second Impale.

Anybody else noticing this or am I simply starting to loose my mind?
    Definitely casting faster and I have killed it every week using the same strat. We had to slightly modify it this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It's definitely casting faster because it caught our entire group off guard.

Maybe something weird happened today, but Wednesday when we did our clear there was nothing unusual. Tank always casts mere moments / seconds after 2nd set of impales. If siege tank did not die after the 2nd set of imaples, we fucked up, shoot for that. Or you're saying tank's shooting before 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by Joorad View Post
    40% if both hit. 20% if only one hits.

We stop at 45%-50% because dots take care of it.
    Pretty sure that's wrong. Siegetanks on heroic have 9.2m health and each impale hits for 1.4m. so it's 15% each and leaving them on above 30% just when the impale hits means you are likely getting a fire spawn.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Definitely casting faster and I have killed it every week using the same strat. We had to slightly modify it this week.

- - - Updated - - -

and here I was now actually just thinking I indeed was thinking of normal, but now I'm not so sure. So it does feel faster. But is it supposed to work that way or not?

It felt the same for me last night, siegemakers were casting mortar after the second impaling throw as expected. Keep in mind that the spawn timer for the siegemakers is not perfectly aligned with the timer for impaling throw. The first siegemaker will cast mortar very shortly after the second impale, while the third or fourth siegemaker will appear to give you more time, but they don't really. They are still gaining energy at the same rate, it's the impaling throw timing that changes, creeping up as the fight goes on. This is why it's easy to get the first impaling throw on the first siegemaker, but very difficult to get the first impaling throw on the fourth siegemaker.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

15+ Year Old Account
    When I've done it, it never cast fire until like 5 seconds before the next siege is coming.