Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

ISIS Destroys Ancient Art

http://time.com/3725986/know-right-n...-iraqi-museum/

Anyone else genuinely pissed off? Absolutely amazes me the people can just stand there and record that, without speaking up / acting against.

Then again, ISIS is ISIS and lives to bring pain to all corners of the world. Spiritually, and morally, and now striking at human history.

15+ Year Old Account
    ISIS claims they did it because the statues were being worshipped by "irreligious people". Lol.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

ISIS is an apocalyptic death cult. What good is art when it's all going to end any day now?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Just like the Feyenoord supporters.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know it's irreplaceable art and stuff, but I found myself getting more worked up over them beheading people than this. I think they're going backwards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny how ISIS are totally fine with ancient religious artefacts when they are small enough to smuggle to Europe for profit.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Look at what you created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Write them a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Just like the Feyenoord supporters.
    Give me a break. Maybe Rome shouldnt have locked the supporters on a square without toilets, without trashcans and have the police smash them into a small alley. That is just asking for trouble. A big fansquare with lots of facilities and stands to buy food and drinks would have helped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Give me a break. Maybe Rome shouldnt have locked the supporters on a square without toilets, without trashcans and have the police smash them into a small alley. That is just asking for trouble. A big fansquare with lots of facilities and stands to buy food and drinks would have helped.
    What, are you defending a bunch of drunken hooligans now?

More deplorable and shameful fanaticism. This is just humanity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    More deplorable and shameful fanaticism. This is just humanity.
    No sorry. This isn't just humanity.
    This is the result of a very well defined set of actions.
    Can't really try to dodge responsibility on what is happening down there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    so not having a toilets makes rioting excusable?
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I know it's irreplaceable art and stuff, but I found myself getting more worked up over them beheading people than this. I think they're going backwards.
    I'm going to side with this.

I'd lobby more outrage at them killing people. If they gave up the beheading and kidnapping and murder and rape to just focus on being art vandals, I think most of the world would be "okay" with that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No sorry. This isn't just humanity.
    This is the result of a very well defined set of actions.
    Can't really try to dodge responsibility on what is happening down there.
    "Can't really try to dodge responsiblity", are you in all honestly blaming the people in this thread for what Isis is doing? Really now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    "Can't really try to dodge responsiblity", are you in all honestly blaming the people in this thread for what Isis is doing? Really now?
    Obviously not deleth. Do I really need to specify this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Obviously not deleth. Do I really need to specify this?
    Who then is trying to dodge responsibility for this happening? As far as I know Isis is pretty happy to claim it for themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Who then is trying to dodge responsibility for this happening? As far as I know Isis is pretty happy to claim it for themselves.
    By claiming "it's humanity" you're somewhat clearing of any charges the governments responsible for having allowed this to happen.

This isn't anything new, unfortunately. Many spiteful groups have destroyed priceless art and aspects of culture. If another war breaks out then even more art and culture will be lost.

this almost upsets me more than the beheadings. i mean, the beheadings upset me more... but... i don't feel quite as outraged and insane with fury as i do watching this, than when i hear about a beheading on the news.

maybe that's because i will NOT watch those types of videos.