Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What is it with Florida?

Everyone seems to despice Florida somehow, and always say "well it's Florida, what you expect". And with good reason. The bigger part of the retarded news reports I see come from Florida. Is there something in the water there or is it like a cultural socio-economic thing? Or is it just the laws? What makes Florida the center of retarded news subjects?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Everyone seems to despice Florida somehow, and always say "well it's Florida, what you expect". And with good reason. The bigger part of the retarded news reports I see come from Florida. Is there something in the water there or is it like a cultural socio-economic thing? Or is it just the laws? What makes Florida the center of retarded news subjects?
    Retarded laws, first of all.

Like Jersey is despised because of the retarded people.

*retarded = not the medical condition, just a name for ridiculous, thoughtless, or outright stupid.

it's the miles of paper farm forests. you can drive down a 3 mile straight road, and see nothing but tall trees that, i assume, are for paper. it's almost hypnotic... watching the almost perfect rows of trees.

Yo bro check me out I'm so superior I prove it by making threads bashing the population of an entire state.

Lock and infract this garbage thread.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Yo bro check me out I'm so superior I prove it by making threads bashing the population of an entire state.

Then maybe the population should fix their issues so other people don't belittle them? It's much easier than convincing the bashers to stop generalizing.

What makes Florida the center of retarded news subjects?
    Quite simply, Jeb Bush did an impeccable job at rigging the system against sensibility, and Rick Scott has led the push to exacerbate it.

If anything, it's just a meme; like the media being more likely to report crimes that are potentially racially motivated. People expect crazy stories out of Florida, so people are given crazy stories out of Florida. I seriously doubt that sort of crap happens any less often in other places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Florida has a huge population and very diverse, bound to be crazies.

Jeb Bush and now Rick Scott have created a mess that i quite frankly doubt Florida will ever recover from.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Jeb Bush and now Rick Scott have created a mess that i quite frankly doubt Florida will ever recover from.
    What's the mess?

I live in Georgia and have heard many stories from people who went to Florida.

No good comes from going to Florida

As a Florida resident myself, I agree it's a lot of silly laws, plus a lot of disparate types of people. Same thing in the business world, there's a lot of shady/unscrupulous/crap businesses in Florida for a variety of reasons (mostly no state taxes and a lot of pro-employer laws).

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to move back to Florida. It is a bit cray though. Has nothing to do with the politicians and everything to do with cray breeds cray.

Florida does have some great beaches though
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    As a Florida resident myself, I agree it's a lot of silly laws, plus a lot of disparate types of people. Same thing in the business world, there's a lot of shady/unscrupulous/crap businesses in Florida for a variety of reasons (mostly no state taxes and a lot of pro-employer laws).
    Pretty much this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post

Not bashing an entire state. Just questioning how its possible to have 90% of the news that makes u go "wtf" comes from florida.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well we get people from all over the country and even world moving here. I personally blame the sun as the heat + drugs = bad news.

Most of the weird stuff you hear about Florida happens in the Northern part of the state.

I blame Florida Man, the world's worst superhero.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bashing an entire state. Just questioning how its possible to have 90% of the news that makes u go "wtf" comes from florida.
    Not only having the laws, but having those laws enforced.

I used to frequent the Sun Sentinel website for all the funny news stories. A sad/funny.

The real reason (I went to university in Florida for 8 years)

Florida is a state of failures. Its white population are people from the northeast who failed in life and went to Florida for an easy life in a warm climate. Its black population is poor and suffers from drug problems. Same with its Latino population.

Jacksonville is full of crime, Tampa is full of crime, Miami is full of crime. Like any state there are plenty of nice pockets but its exotic nature attracts "exotic" individuals.