The Cinematic, i cant take it seruous anymore.

The Cinematic were great. But I just cant take it serious.

Just on the other side of the cinematic heroes of azeroth. That used to be Warriors, champions. Are now taking selfies in their home and sending tweets about it. Given free epics while leveling that does not even look like epics. They are defeating the end bosses whilst sitting AFK in LFR and retrieving their legendary ring by sitting just afk, and tweet about it. They are defeating end bosses by clicking a couple of buttons on a interfaced game in their garrison and are rewarded with the best gear possible.

Where is the godamn dangerous world that used to be, the immersiveness No, theres no nostalgia. I miss the game where it felt like a game where you participated in defeating evil and it ment something.

Its the future I am talking about it. It will never go back to a serious state. It will continue to head this path, facebook will be added, heck the heroes of azeroth will probably be able to enter facebook in-game via their laptop in a garrison.

Just listen to this. In the future you will be able to defeat Sargaras, considered to be the most powerfull of all and most likely the end boss of the GAME. People will defeat him without wiping once, half of their raid being afk and not a single person knew his mechanic

'' But theres mythic, LFR does not count, and theres now also 13 other difficulities to defeat him on that were labeled as content in this last expansion. '' I know you really love this game and are a fan of it but jesus, open your eyes and let go.

Do people honestly the path the game took?
    Last edited by danildoen; 2015-03-06 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Thats the new generation of gamers, they dont want to be stuck behind a screen for 40 hours a week like alot of us did in vanilla.

Maybe its time for you to move and because nothing you say is going to change the fact that this is the way the community wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by danildoen View Post
    I know you really love this game and are a fan of it but jesus, open your eyes and let go.
    "I now dislike something other people still like. Why don't they think like me? They must be wrong. It has to be objective. It has to be... the ULTIMATE TRUTH!"

10+ Year Old Account
    and why did this need it's own thread?

Ain't that also something like a Selfie?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Warcraft has never once pretended to be a very serious game. Sure, you can point towards vanilla, TBC and Wotlk but the game still had elements of silliness and fun - which is a BLIZZARD staple. I mean, dude, cow levels.

And yet, even WITH the cow levels and all of Wirts legs, people enjoy Diablo and Warcraft for what it is.

I think you're latching on to a silly idea and letting it consume the ENTIRE game.

Blizzard are masters of making awesome cinematics that get you hyped up. This latest one is certainly in the same vein.

Honestly, you're probably just looking for an excuse to shoot on the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I think you're latching on to a silly idea and letting it consume the ENTIRE game.
    I'd agree if there wasn't an entire "major content patch" based on said silly idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Palemaster View Post
    I'd agree if there wasn't an entire "major content patch" based on said silly idea.
    You're just dishonestly spinning context to dare claim an entire patch was "based" on something they threw in for fun weeks before it was released.

Where the hell do these people come from? WOW has always been half serious half spoof and satire with pop culture jokes. It's just jaded anti fanboys who fallaciously dismiss anything in anyway connected with social networking or some other popular trend it seems.

It's odd being part of a community where the concerns of a 13 year old mind are even given attention like this.

I walked right into it.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palemaster View Post
    where was that "major content patch"?
    If you mean 6.1, that is not a major content patch.
    It's a patch with some changes and a few additions, but certainly no one's ever declared it as a major content patch.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    You're just dishonestly spinning context to dare claim an entire patch was "based" on something they threw in for fun weeks before it was released.

Where the hell do these people come from? WOW has always been half serious half spoof and satire with pop culture jokes. It's just jaded anti fanboys who fallaciously dismiss anything in anyway connected with social networking or some other popular trend it seems.

It's odd being part of a community where the concerns of a 13 year old mind are even given attention like this.

I walked right into it.
    Reading the "Art of Blizzard" book was a great insight into the minds of the artists that made the world. It's really just them going "Hey...this is pretty cool. let's put it in!"

Reading about Metzen's weird fascination with giving all the Alliance human footmen this black spandex outfit underneath their armor because it looked cool. It's great stuff. They're not trying to be deep. They're just having fun.

It's like playing DnD with a GM that lets you fuck around the whole time with a very loose story goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    where was that "major content patch"?
    If you mean 6.1, that is not a major content patch.
    It's a patch with some changes and a few additions, but certainly no one's ever declared it as a major content patch.
    All the haters did becasue it was 6.1 and not 6.0.5or something. Ignoring that 5.1 and 5.3 were called minor patches by Blizzard themselves becasue they did not contain raids.

I think you stumbled on a very reasonable point. WOW in general just doesn't really seem like a dangerous or threatening place. Even during the precursor quests in Blasted Lands before xpac launch, the iron horde didn't strike me as threatening or menacing in any shape or form. Deathwing was threatening. Crazy and full of plot holes, but still quite threatening. The Lich King pretty much haunted you throughout Northrend whether directly or through hapless minions. Either way, you felt his presence looming, a presence longing to emerge from the shadows and one shot you. I didn't play during BC, but I can surmise by the whole "you are not prepared" song and dance, Illidan seemed like someone to be reckoned with, a fight that take everything out of you and then some. Even in a strange way, I can sense that Garrosh was defeated before he turned into something impossible to defeat. But, I just don't see the threat of the Iron Horde in game. Yes, the trailer and teaser showed them as threatening, but they seem like a lite version of themselves live in game.

The Cinematic were great. But I just cant take it serious.

Just on the other side of the cinematic heroes of azeroth. That used to be Warriors, champions. Are now taking selfies in their home and sending tweets about it.
    Yeah, can't have people sharing stuff they like. What were they thinking?

Given free epics while leveling that does not even look like epics.
    What dó epics look like? Eye of the beholder and all that...

They are defeating the end bosses whilst sitting AFK in LFR and retrieving their legendary ring by sitting just afk, and tweet about it.
    If everyone sits AFK in LFR, no boss will be killed. It's also entirely possible to be AFK in a normal, heroic or mythic raid and still kill the boss, as long as the other groupmembers are good enough. An LFR boss being an 'end boss' is debatable.

They are defeating end bosses by clicking a couple of buttons on a interfaced game in their garrison and are rewarded with the best gear possible.
    Only one random piece per two weeks and only if you clear heroic raids, so I wouldn't say it's 'just clicking a couple of buttons'.

Where is the godamn dangerous world that used to be, the immersiveness No, theres no nostalgia. I miss the game where it felt like a game where you participated in defeating evil and it ment something.
    Raids are still as dangerous and meaningful as they used to be, with the exception of LFR (and maybe normal, as that's below the 'normal' of before). Did you ever do MC in Classic? It wasn't half as dangerous as current raids, with the limited mechanics of back then. So what you miss actually is nostalgia, because objectively, raids are now more dangerous, harder and just as meaningful as before.

Its the future I am talking about it. It will never go back to a serious state. It will continue to head this path, facebook will be added, heck the heroes of azeroth will probably be able to enter facebook in-game via their laptop in a garrison.
    WoW was never serious. And I do hope some minigames, like petbattles, will be playable outside of WoW. How cool would it be to fight and level pets on your iPad in the train to work and then sync them with WoW when you get back home in the evening?

Just listen to this. In the future you will be able to defeat Sargaras, considered to be the most powerfull of all and most likely the end boss of the GAME. People will defeat him without wiping once, half of their raid being afk and not a single person knew his mechanic
    In LFR, yes. So? How does that diminish your experience? You can do it on the highest difficulty you can handle and be proud about wiping on him for months before finally bringing him down. You won't even know that I killed him 2 weeks before in LFR, so why does it matter?

'' But theres mythic, LFR does not count, and theres now also 13 other difficulities to defeat him on that were labeled as content in this last expansion. '' I know you really love this game and are a fan of it but jesus, open your eyes and let go.
    I think you are the one who should let it go. If it bothers you so much that someone else can kill a boss on easymode, with hardly any mechanic in tact and low ilevel loot (with a different look!), you really should take a good, long look at yourself and your gaming. Gaming is about having fun doing something. It shouldn't matter what others do (unless they're in your raid, obviously).

Ten million people say yes. You are one of them (or are you unsubbed by any chance?).

Do honestly what the path the game took?
    If you open a thread then at least put some effort into a question that has enough words to make sense.
    This thread should just be closed because it's a rant without any input for discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked the thread.

Title is slightly misleading, various topics inside has mostly their own thread already as well as this to me, appears like a quitting thread.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..