Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't preorder games. I also don't buy early access unless the game is already in a state I consider to be worth the money. I bought Starbound, for example, and easily got my money's worth. Same with Prison Architect. Beyond that, Ubisoft games, just because I don't want to deal with their uPlay BS.

Try to avoid Ubisoft games, although my uPlay account got some play recently with The Crew (never gonna know if they've improved without the odd poke), avoid anything thats on a yearly release schedule and I avoid pre-ordering unless its something I would buy for the same price at launch if it was bugged, broken, completely unplayable or not. Also try to avoid buying any games for the £40-50 release tags.

Many products; most frozen foods, mass market candies, fast food, boxed potatoes, boxed stuffing, croutons, bagged salad, wine in a box, mass market coffee, pie crusts, margarine, et cetera.

I am pretty careful about what we eat as family. I do buy some mass market food items but I am either pretty choosy or moderate in purchasing items.

Products made by Toshiba, MSI and Zotec are pretty crummy in my experience. Though I haven't had any abnormal or constant issue with products from other tech manufactures.

Music
    /10char
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Anything made by Sony.

We'll would haft to be Apple products. Wont happen, it just wont.

I mean there products are inferior, if it wasent for the design witch some people like. I was looking for a phone inn a 200-400 dollar price range. And comparing say Iphone 4S to galaxy 3 or whatever, there spec's sucks. Its like iphone has 1 GB, less CPU power inn ghz etc. I know you cant treat a phone like a PC, but still...it is basicly a PC.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    @Winter: Juuuust waiting for it.

Back OT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Try to avoid Ubisoft games, although my uPlay account got some play recently with The Crew (never gonna know if they've improved without the odd poke), avoid anything thats on a yearly release schedule and I avoid pre-ordering unless its something I would buy for the same price at launch if it was bugged, broken, completely unplayable or not. Also try to avoid buying any games for the £40-50 release tags.
    I actually did buy The Crew, just because my group of friends had it and said it worked well with the G27 wheel that I use. I got a good amount of play out of it, too.

Water

edit: oh yeah, fast food
    Last edited by badaku; 2015-03-06 at 04:04 PM.

I will never buy cage-chicken eggs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by varithmus View Post
    Crack, because expensive.
    So if being an addict was just cheaper you'd totally hit that pipe ...

I don't think there is a product I really have personal-boycott against, but then I'm also probably kinda set in my ways -- usually as a matter of taste and/or style. I tend to just buy the same things over and over again, so in that regard I kinda boycott all other things that are not what I normally buy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    So if being an addict was just cheaper you'd totally hit that pipe ...

I don't think there is a product I really have personal-boycott against, but then I'm also probably kinda set in my ways -- usually as a matter of taste and/or style. I tend to just buy the same things over and over again, so in that regard I kinda boycott all other things that are not what I normally buy.
    I know I would. People don't do shit that fucks up their life just because it's alright. If hard drugs weren't REALLY good, no one would buy them considering the price of being a junkie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    We'll would haft to be Apple products. Wont happen, it just wont.

I mean there products are inferior, if it wasent for the design witch some people like. I was looking for a phone inn a 200-400 dollar price range. And comparing say Iphone 4S to galaxy 3 or whatever, there spec's sucks. Its like iphone has 1 GB, less CPU power inn ghz etc. I know you cant treat a phone like a PC, but still...it is basicly a PC.
    See here's the issue. You don't know much about the tech yourself. If you compare any CPU by simply GHz (or core count), you're doing it wrong. What kind of instructions it can carry per cycle is much more important and what kind of wattage it draws is ESPECIALLY important in a mobile CPU. If you would have bothered to read proper reviews and benchmarks of the A7, A8 etc CPUs that Apple design and use, you would know that they are actually very solid performers. We could go on into every specific component and mention why higher numbers simply doesn't mean better product, but I'll leave it at CPU seeing as you put it as your main argument.

Apple deserves praise and criticism much like any other vendor in that space. Admittedly it's starting to annoy me when uneducated people (in this context) are dismissing them on oh so invalid grounds.

AMD and ATI never again will i buy a CPU/GPU from them. Intel and Nvidia from hear on out.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    AMD and ATI never again will i buy a CPU/GPU from them. Intel and Nvidia from hear on out.
    I do the same with AMD/ATI, but it's nothing personal. They just run too hot and don't overclock well enough. If/when they are the better OC option, I'll buy from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I refuse to buy any product that advertises "contains no GMOs".
    And I won't buy a product that reads "gluten free." Two reasons:

1. Generally it tastes like shit

2. With the exception of a few medical issues, the "gluten free" fad is based on bullshit. There's nothing inherently healthier about gluten-free nor is there anything harmful about gluten. It's a fad that companies are taking advantage of to make money.

If you have Celiacs Disease or other gluten related medical issues, then you aren't a part of my annoyance towards the fad.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Walmart because they use slave labour to produce some of their products.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything made by Apple, mainly because Steve Jobs was a twat.
    Almost any sweets/drinks from America, they all taste horrible and fake, guessing its the corn syrup as its rarely used in the UK (Thank god)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pickled pigs feet. . . because its fkn disgusting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apple products.
    Their business and consumer model is not for me.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2015-03-06 at 04:36 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    " Made in China", although our general tech is all made there.