Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Because then you would do it less often as you get the rewards you desire faster and unsubscribe faster from lack of things to do.
    I take the complete opposite. I do those activities because they are fun and the rewards are in line with what I value. Instead of running TK or Sunwell, or Black Temple, I can just choose to do nothing and unsubscribe. I don't understand their cost/benefit ratio at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    I pay to play all of WoW (which includes the current content, not sure why you should only play one or the other). When current content gets stale, I love pet battles, collecting pets, mounts, vanity items, and running through legacy raids to get such things along with transmog gear. However, it's a lot more fun on a server that's more populated than my main's.
    What if you did pet battles in old zones, but they only rewarded 1/5 of the experience as ones in WoD zones? Would you still do them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    It seems on the Blizzard forums there are people talking again about the nerfs to old content, drops, or gold for rewards. I wonder why Blizzard continually does this?

I think that if people are choosing to pay to play your game, you should keep all content as relevant as possible. If somebody wants to join a guild with people of level 60 folks, they should be able to do that and survive.

This reeks of D3 auction house. Nerf content to get people to us another feature of the game.
    You are able to do that and survive. If you want to do level 60 content, then do it. The "nerfs" to gold drops are pretty immaterial, if you are doing level 60 content you don't need the tens of thousands of gold to buy/gem/enchant BiS level 100 gear.

I probably play 80% old content, either leveling up alts or soloing old raids, you can choose what you want to play.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

I used to play all of wow and had my hand in pretty much everything but as time went on it just wasn't worth it in the end and the entertainment just wasn't there anymore to keep up it up.

Now, If I play at all, it's current content till I've seen it and then I'm out. Way to many other decent games out there to try that when playing them for the first time has plenty of content to catch up on than staying in a stale game you have seen the content in that is now on rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    You are able to do that and survive. If you want to do level 60 content, then do it. The "nerfs" to gold drops are pretty immaterial, if you are doing level 60 content you don't need the tens of thousands of gold to buy/gem/enchant BiS level 100 gear.

I probably play 80% old content, either leveling up alts or soloing old raids, you can choose what you want to play.
    Who are you to say what a person wants or doesn't want, and then says it's immaterial? Of course people will survive. I think you don't get the issue. And that's fine, you don't have to.

Both. I pay to play all of WoW AND current content.

Deleted
    I paid sub fee for server access. When I realized theres nothing to do on server I just stopped paying. 60$ is for expansion + patches.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the issue I've wrestled with pretty much since 5.2.

I'm not a raider, I am never going to be a raider, and I don't do arenas either. My WoW experience is leveling, RP, and 5-mans with a guild.

And I'm not entirely convinced spending $180/year is the right price for that. Especially when Blizz mostly seems to put sub fees toward producing Raids.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard actually just answered why they did it earlier today.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    That's a separate issue from quest gold, which was not changed at all to my knowledge. Several legacy items (old epic gems, and crafting reagents like Crusader Orbs, Chaos Orbs, Sulfuron Ingots, etc.) were significantly reduced in vendor value in order to limit the impact of an exploit. These items honestly don't constitute a very large portion of total gold earnings from running old raids and dungeons, compared to boss gold drops and vendored weapons and armor. Because the change was exploit-oriented, it was excluded from our patch notes, but it probably should have been messaged more clearly in order to avoid surprise.

Again, as a matter of philosophy, we find nothing at all wrong with players making a non-trivial amount of gold from something like a weekly Black Temple or Icecrown transmog run at max level.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...59?page=13#258

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Blizzard actually just answered why they did it earlier today.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    That's a separate issue from quest gold, which was not changed at all to my knowledge. Several legacy items (old epic gems, and crafting reagents like Crusader Orbs, Chaos Orbs, Sulfuron Ingots, etc.) were significantly reduced in vendor value in order to limit the impact of an exploit. These items honestly don't constitute a very large portion of total gold earnings from running old raids and dungeons, compared to boss gold drops and vendored weapons and armor. Because the change was exploit-oriented, it was excluded from our patch notes, but it probably should have been messaged more clearly in order to avoid surprise.

Again, as a matter of philosophy, we find nothing at all wrong with players making a non-trivial amount of gold from something like a weekly Black Temple or Icecrown transmog run at max level.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...59?page=13#258
    Thanks for the quote, I appreciate it. Maybe Blizzard could fix the exploit instead of nerfing other aspects of the game?

Only a fool plays old content

Blizzard nerfed the old content. Force people to pay $60 for instant 90.
    First, battle ground gives no experience.
    Second, quests give less gold. LoL