Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Who'd have thought that a game with talking gorillas and robot monks would fail to accurately represent muscle development in women.
    She also has a very manly looking jawline. If it weren't for the boobs I don't think anyone would have known that the character was female. (Voice too I suppose)

I like the less feminine female types. so obviously the amazon with electric pink hair would be up my ally. love the abilities as well. could have done more with her armor/body design. looks like a diving suit without the arms or a helmet....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Body diversity hype. I think this is a big step forwards for Blizzard. Overwatch in general has been a huge step forward in terms of diversity.
    When SJW can't figure out fiction from reality, video games become corrupted by Political Correctness, and don't remain fun. They're so concerned over whether that character is up to their self-regulated standards, that the quality of the content doesn't even matter. Blizzard created this character, merely to pander to Feminists. That's it. I'm bisexual, and I could give 2 fucks about the sexual orientation of a fiction video game character. That's not why I play the game, and I'm sure 99% of people don't care either. If your emotional state relies so heavily on a character not being "fat enough" for you, then you have far bigger issues to worry about. Ever since campaign frauding Anita and her she little sockpuppets started spouting off complete bullshit in their manufactured echo chambers, devs have done nothing but coward to their demands. Zarya just needs a pair of "Problem Glasses", and she'd be the spitting image of every Tumblr Feminist ever.
    Last edited by Synros; 2015-03-07 at 08:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    In case you didn't know, her name should be spelled with an emphasis on last syllable: Zarya. It means "dawn" in Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    She also has a very manly looking jawline. If it weren't for the boobs I don't think anyone would have known that the character was female. (Voice too I suppose)
    Looks like they took a male and slapped boobs on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I'm already shipping Zarya and Pharah.
    Much as I'd like to see LGBTQIA characters, I hope they don't lead in with a butch lesbian, it'd be just a little too stereotypical for me. I'd still be happy for the representation, but in terms of gay couples I'm gunning for Tracer x Mercy.

I hope the game does some wacky ships. Zarya and Zenyatta ftw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    When SJW can't figure out fiction from reality, video games become corrupted by Political Correctness, and don't remain fun. They're so concerned over whether that character is up to their self-regulated standards, that the quality of the content doesn't even matter. Blizzard created this character, merely to pander to Feminists. That's it. I'm bisexual, and I could give 2 fucks about the sexual orientation of a fiction video game character. That's not why I play the game, and I'm sure 99% of people don't care either. If your emotional state relies so heavily on a character not being "fat enough" for you, then you have far bigger issues to worry about. Ever since campaign frauding Anita and her she little sockpuppets started spouting off complete bullshit in their manufactured echo chambers, devs have done nothing but coward to their demands. Zarya just needs a pair of "Problem Glasses", and she'd be the spitting image of every Tumblr Feminist ever.
    If you don't care why are you complaining about it? She also looks like she's got some badass abilities that could be fun to play with. Does her being bulkier prevent you from having fun? If some people are happy that she represents a more diverse body shape, how does it affect you?

Zarya looks awesome, but I'm annoyed that she stole the thunder of the other reveal, the even-more-awesome McCree.

I do really like the sustained beam particle cannon weapon, though I'm kinda worried that the ult+grenades combo may be a weeeeeeee bit overpowered. That may require some tweaking, I feel.

And I know I'm not really in any majority camp here, but damn I find the design rather attractive. Idk, strong women, short hair... pushes my buttons, I guess.

i wonder how useful the sustained beam cannon will be as a suppression and cover fire weapon. no one really wants to stand in such a weapon and she is a tank type after all in an fps.

also synergy. Throwing a shield ontop of McCree will keep him safe to position his ult.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2015-03-07 at 10:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Zarya looks awesome, but I'm annoyed that she stole the thunder of the other reveal, the even-more-awesome McCree.

I do really like the sustained beam particle cannon weapon, though I'm kinda worried that the ult+grenades combo may be a weeeeeeee bit overpowered. That may require some tweaking, I feel.

And I know I'm not really in any majority camp here, but damn I find the design rather attractive. Idk, strong women, short hair... pushes my buttons, I guess.
    All the ultimates are pretty OP, but that's why you gotta build up a meter to actually use them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    Her body proportions look totally weird. But I guess girls with big muscles now can feel represented too. The world is saved.

No girl has muscles like that by the way.
    I hate to tell you this but... I know a girl who's built like that...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Calm your anti-SJW rage there son, I doubt they've sacrificed a raid tier gameplay for Zarya.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I find Zarya hot and I love her accent. I also think McCree is awesome (he might end up being a bit OP).

All I have to add now...Zarya and McCree....

Body diversity hype. I think this is a big step forwards for Blizzard. Overwatch in general has been a huge step forward in terms of diversity.
    So its okay to use the Russian Butch woman stereo type but not the slender speedy woman body type? Whats next, its okay to use the smug skinny but toned body type (Hanzo) but not okay to use the fat russian body type ? (reinhardt)

Christ.

Quick , shoehorn in an obese female sumo to calm the babies.

- - - Updated - - -

Much as I'd like to see LGBTQIA characters, I hope they don't lead in with a butch lesbian, it'd be just a little too stereotypical for me. I'd still be happy for the representation, but in terms of gay couples I'm gunning for Tracer x Mercy.

I hope the game does some wacky ships. Zarya and Zenyatta ftw.
    Why do you have to sexualize everything? Look at the characters lore and ability in battle. Their body type, sexuality etc are irrelevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    So its okay to use the Russian Butch woman stereo type but not the slender speedy woman body type? Whats next, its okay to use the smug skinny but toned body type (Hanzo) but not okay to use the fat russian body type ? (reinhardt)

Christ.

Quick , shoehorn in an obese female sumo to calm the babies.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you have to sexualize everything? Look at the characters lore and ability in battle. Their body type, sexuality etc are irrelevant.
    I'm optimistic at the moment that Zarya is not a complete stereotype. She looks to have a cool backstory that makes her more than just an archetype. She is based upon the butch russian woman archetype, but already looks to being fleshed out beyond it.

The relationship side of things is going to be irrelevant in game, but it will likely play a role in the supplementary material. Metzen even briefly hinted at the possibility of gay characters at Blizzcon, so I don't think it's wrong to discuss the possibility.

Deleted
    why are we having the same discussion in TWO different topics?

Her design is boring to me. Aesthetically she looks almost exactly like Vi from League of Legends except with a gun instead of gauntlets. That might be the biggest thing that's off putting about her to me since it feels like Blizzard couldn't be arsed to create their own character visually this time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Her design is boring to me. Aesthetically she looks almost exactly like Vi from League of Legends except with a gun instead of gauntlets. That might be the biggest thing that's off putting about her to me since it feels like Blizzard couldn't be arsed to create their own character visually this time.
    They both have pink hair but other than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    That's a woman? That body, sure, but that face... That doesn't look like a woman at all.

Yeah because every female character in game should look like skiny biitch with big tits and huge ass. Just grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Yeah because every female character in game should look like skiny biitch with big tits and huge ass. Just grow up.
    May want to reread what they posted. They were taking issue with the face and not the body.

Then again reading comprehension isn't really expected anymore.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Who'd have thought that a game with talking gorillas and robot monks would fail to accurately represent muscle development in women.
    Yet SJWs wouldn't hesitate to complain about unrealisticly big breasts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I hate to tell you this but... I know a girl who's built like that...
    I hate to tell you this, but, this girl is a dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    Yet SJWs wouldn't hesitate to complain about unrealisticly big breasts.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to tell you this, but, this girl is a dude.
    How close minded can you be?