Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Upcoming Heart of Thorns closed beta tests

Upcoming Heart of Thorns closed beta tests

by The Guild Wars 2 Team on March 6, 2015

We’re very excited to show our first expansion, Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™, at PAX East this weekend and at Rezzed next weekend. And we’re happy to announce that we’ll start closed beta testing shortly after.

There will be no nondisclosure agreements for these beta tests. Those of you who are selected as testers will be free to talk about your experiences and to post streams and videos of the content you play. Please understand that these are early beta tests designed to stress core systems of an expansion that’s still in development. Because we’re stressing core systems, we’ll start with a very small pool of testers and then grow a little with each successful test.

Are you interested in participating? We’ll draw our initial pool of testers from among active players and loyal customers who are also subscribed to the Guild Wars 2 newsletter. By opting in to receive email from us, you’re opting in to any potential beta invites. So if you want to be considered for beta test, please make sure we have your current email address and that you’re successfully receiving our newsletters. It’s easy. Just go to the newsletter sign-up page and fill out your information*.

If you’re one of the lucky players chosen to participate, you’ll get an email from us shortly before an event, which will contain all the details you’ll need.
    We can’t guarantee you’ll be chosen for these small closed beta tests, but we can at least guarantee you’ll get all the latest Heart of Thorns news delivered straight to your inbox. So sign up now, and don’t forget to tell your guild mates!

*Must be 13 years or older to sign up for the Guild Wars 2 newsletter. Signing up for the Guild Wars 2 newsletter does not guarantee entry into a closed beta test or stress test event. Participation is limited to Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns closed beta events only and does not include other future beta events. An active Guild Wars 2 game account and Internet access required to participate.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/u...ed-beta-tests/
    Valar morghulis

As a casual altoholic, I am very curious to see what they have in store in terms of dailies and traits. I don't know if they care for such players, especially for ones who don't rush to the shop the second anything new appears over there, but I will apply for that beta anyway

Deleted
    Aaaaaaand signed up to the newsletter. Goddamn, I just need to know for certain if thieves can use rifles.

I don't even know enough about the base game to see the differences : /
    I need to play more

Go forth and test, my minions. Test, and test well, so that when I purchase the game to play it, it is bug free!

No game is bugless on launch Edge. I remember reporting bugs back in GW2 beta and they weren't fixed at launch. Such is the hard life of a beta tester, so much effort, no reward. Jk, but im gonna participate regardless. I wonder if we have to preorder HoT or own the original game to get access.

Deleted
    Does anyone have good guide what kind of things we should check when/if we get in beta? Good beta-tester guide? Or are we just "player mass" that will be used to see how stupidly we run into wrong directions and don't understand to pick items/instructions that game is trying to give us. XD

unless it is a focus testing then usually all they want is people to play and report anything amiss, bugged, or broken that you come across

Deleted
    Cannot wait to be a druid i hope they will change upgrade how traits works. I hate traits for Ranger ssssssssssoooooooo borinnnnnnnnnnnnng

Quote Originally Posted by Rariz View Post
    Cannot wait to be a druid i hope they will change upgrade how traits works. I hate traits for Ranger ssssssssssoooooooo borinnnnnnnnnnnnng
    By the looks of the revenant, the fundamentals of traits are not changing. They are always going to seem to be passive even though there is a popular thread on the official forums of people wanting more pro active traits (like guardian heal on dodge roll). For example instead of gaining retaliation when you dodge (hence you just spam dodge regardless if you get it) you actually get retaliation when you evade an attack, rewarding you for actually paying attention instead of dodging willy nilly.

However Anet has already responded and their trademark "we are aware of it internally" meaning it's not going to change.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are GW2 game owners with accounts already subscribed? I hate newsletters. I trash them without reading, even if it's about something I care about. Honestly, I don't care about playing betas though. I don't want to spend my time testing something. Most people look at beta tests as a glorified demo, not a test.
    Last edited by thewallofsleep; 2015-03-07 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Does anyone have good guide what kind of things we should check when/if we get in beta? Good beta-tester guide? Or are we just "player mass" that will be used to see how stupidly we run into wrong directions and don't understand to pick items/instructions that game is trying to give us. XD
    If you are not being paid for testing you are just a "player mass". Beta open to non professionals are typically just for stress testing and metric collection.

Actual game testing is tedious, technical and very specific in what you are asked to "test".

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Go forth and test, my minions. Test, and test well, so that when I purchase the game to play it, it is bug free!
    Seeing as there are still bugs/issues from normal beta in the current game, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I get emails from Anet regarding the game already, but signed up (again) to be sure. I was fortunate enough to be in closed beta for GW2 and would enjoy getting to do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta invites have gone out, the first stress tests will be on Tuesday - check your mail!

Valar morghulis

no big loss, it's the same build we know from the show demos... the same few skills for Revenant, the same small area. It seems more like a stress test currently, it might be different for the next beta builds.

Deleted
    I didn't get an email either. Oh well

If you're in the beta, you'll see an extra character slot for your beta character. Here's an example. Doesn't matter if you have all slots filled. You'll get an extra one.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Aaaaaaand signed up to the newsletter. Goddamn, I just need to know for certain if thieves can use rifles.
    Even if you are in Beta you won't know until they announce it anyway. Because there is not NDA I really doubt they'll do said announcement by enabling in the beta first. So it's more than everyone will find out at the same time regardless of their beta status.