Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrax View Post
    I thought Demonbolt was useless as of the nerf? I've been running cataclysm on nearly every boss fight, switching to GoServ + Demonic Serv for single target fights i.e gruul, oregorger. I dnt see Demonbolt being useful, especially as now anything over 2 demonbolts in a row is less productive than one touch of chaos. For Blast Furnance specifically, after looking at all talent combos I'm running GoSupremacy/Cataclysm

I think useless is an exaggeration. In terms of damage a single-target Patchwerk fight, I think it simulated a bit behind DS. Given that DS provides better mobility and more flexibility about when you spend your fury, it's a much stronger spec overall for most situations.

But one situation where I think people do find it useful is Blast Furnace - where you have small adds that you need to burn down quickly.

Demonbolt was brought down so it's damage is comparable to other specs (as opposed to being way ahead of it) - so there may be niche cases where it comes in handy, although other than Blast Furnace I can't really think of any...
    Last edited by Jaman; 2015-03-13 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Blast Furnace I prefer Destro CR+GoSac, huge pull burst on Feldspar + Bellows Operator due to T17 4pc and havoc. Good HP pool + shield for Bomb-duty (mythic).

Can almost always shadowburn cleave afterwards for Operator / Engineer dps in P1. One of the best burst/sustained AE for transition into P2. Can always cleave Primal Elementalist + Firecallers in P2 (or double Elementalists on mythic).

The only contra might be P3, double doomguard from demo does slightly more ST dmg during execute.

Deleted
    Destro does good damage in p3 too. You can FnB Immolate the slags for near unlimited embers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
    For Blast Furnace I prefer Destro CR+GoSac, huge pull burst on Feldspar + Bellows Operator due to T17 4pc and havoc. Good HP pool + shield for Bomb-duty (mythic).
    If you're okay with spending two tomes of clear mind every pull (not too bad now that they stack to 200), you can spec soul link before you sac your pet. You gain a 20% health buff with sac that you do not lose when you swap soul link for sac pact.

1. Spec Soul Link
    2. Sac your pet
    3. Change to Sac Pact
    4. Enjoy your 450k health and an amazing defensive ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    If you're okay with spending two tomes of clear mind every pull (not too bad now that they stack to 200), you can spec soul link before you sac your pet. You gain a 20% health buff with sac that you do not lose when you swap soul link for sac pact.

1. Spec Soul Link
    2. Sac your pet
    3. Change to Sac Pact
    4. Enjoy your 450k health and an amazing defensive ability.
    This feels very exploit-y to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasu View Post
    This feels very exploit-y to me.
    Its nowhere near as gamebreaking as some other things out there. Its not like the extra 20% health on a destro lock is going to suddenly make you beat a new fight.

Unlike mage 2p allowing you to double inferno blast your dots onto another target and combust on the second target for a broken combust. That's been doable the whole tier >.>

7+ Year Old Account
    same here db for the elementalist

Cataclysm + GoSyn. Cata nice burst and DoTs on everything in 1 cast letting it proc more CW spam. CW does great damage for an instant cast. Spam DoTs and Cata in caster mode would let you spam CW more. The more AoE damage you do the more focused burst you can potentially do!

Deleted
    Cata all the way. You can easily top dmg on all important adds with cata and CW spam. P3 damage is kinda meh but if you go into P3 controlled its the easiest part of the fight.

a big 20 second soul fire dump is just as good as a demonbolt dump on the elementalists. Very little reason to not just play cata.

Maybe there is an argument for some sort of crazy 2-3bolt + SF's with a 20 second DS style, but it would only be a very small increase in primal damage.