Deleted

Weak Aura - Custom LUA function causing latency

Hello, I am facing a problem with a custom lua function of mine, causing latency.

I wanted to create a Weak Aura for my brewmaster monk : an aura that display the current amount of shield given by "Guard". The weak aura is a cooldown icon when guard is up with a "%c type of information". Here is my custom lua function :

function()
    local a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p;
    a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p=UnitBuff("Player","Guard");
    return o;
    end

I don't know anything in lua language, I have just tested /dump UnitBuff("Player","Guard") in the chat box and figured out that the 15th output was the amount of absorb given by Guard.

So the problem is that after a certain amount of time, my latency rises. Is there a memory leak problem ? Because I can see the amount of memory used by Weak Auras is increasing too.

Here is the imported text format of my weak aura :

d8J4caGAay9uLYlrrAxOeVgfESkDyKMlanBvzCsk3efX5Pk(Ms50KStGAVIDJQ9tQFsGHPI(TuUmKHIsAWq1WLkoPK QtPQshtP6CQQyHuLSiG0IbKLlXdvvYtPSmeEovMOQcMQsMmIMUIlsvQUka6ze66uvBeq9zjzZqz7QkQpceZc00iYFL k9ovvzBQWOvvQXJI6sQkYTqPUgbDpvfALsv3MOgLQQ6SNvmvS68bvWOxeG1VnUdqkqQNA80vUXz0TYNwiJ5IrWYjl) WYwm5yKXiZk213nn5fI5jgMp)oQg))F19ACnUgxJ)Ax6tJtHabVqsicIbRGFdvqaazaFqzih2GD(t3RX14ACnofce8 cjHiigSc(nubbaKb8bLHCyd25JaKRgV8XW(huwFupOcOqqbHwirG(RUxJRX14A8cA8lCnE7pDpItQ7196EDVUx3hBk QQkujRyCQmYLvaVhdeAHeLjtSoLwvb5CSwqxLt14b8zSxJsMvmFhQ79rDU4vSc9IYkMS)BuzLjtSH(q8jRyY(VrLvM mXkThkRyY(VrLvMmXUpQZLvmNIx9qXyIaWmntMyyn(ykVHc4DHXivUopQhBOxgUyF6gRGQun(Ythum1TXJ5g6LH7Rg FOkUmIpXeaWLv)dEpMImgi0cjkgZcWWCOjaZw6qssKqIq8SgH4psNbJT0rmpcWWCOjaZEB7uOyT9TAese7cjicgBjH X4(YRIQQcvCb8Em3qVmCS2u8jMxcwlbmj2GyE(Q9ALScyIaCnrXJZnPJtjXABBsBbJTqXawmaFqSFSjkECksSrqSFe m2cpYKjgnRyGqlKOy15dQGrViaRFBChGuGup14PRCJZOBLpTqMj2Nd4DjIZmja

Thanks for considering my problem.

ps: easier way to do that would be:

Code:
    return select(15, UnitBuff("player", "Guard"))
    There is nothing in that function that could leak memory, so no, that isn't the root cause of your problem. (Some other WA, or other things, might be, but that specific one is innocent.)

Deleted
    uhm couldn't you simply display %s and enable "use tooltip "size" instead of stacks" in the trigger options?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    uhm couldn't you simply display %s and enable "use tooltip "size" instead of stacks" in the trigger options?
    I didn't find the option you mentionned. But anyway, the latency issue is weird and seems to come from weak auras. (I have tested it on my desktop and laptop too).

Thanks to you too for your help anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc776cbfa3e0; 2015-03-07 at 07:30 PM. Reason: I'm bad at english.