Deleted

Healing Wave macro

Hey everyone

Apparently none of the mouseover macros is working for Healing Wave on my UI. Every other spell works perfectly.
    Is anyone experiencing something alike?

No problems here. Could you copy the exact macro you're using? It could just be a typo or something. Also test this:

/cast [@mouseover, help][] Healing Wave
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Get the addon Clique, you can customize hover keys on all your spells.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    For whatever reason the syntax can sometimes get quirky with certain spells after patches. The simplest mouseover macro you can use contains no conditionals and is almost certain to work. You if you really need the conditionals, which you most likely wont, you can try adding them back in one at a time until the macro breaks. Then youve found the culprit.

Simple, no frills mouseover macro without conditionals:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover] Healing Wave; Healing Wave.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-03-11 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Simple, no frills mouseover macro without conditionals:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover] Healing Wave; Healing Wave.
    You can shorten and simplify the /cast line a bit. The following does the exact same thing, i.e. tries to cast HW on your mouseover target and casts the spells normally if that doesn't work.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover][] Healing Wave.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive never really used the nulls. Never learned under what conditions they work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Ive never really used the nulls. Never learned under what conditions they work.
    All. There are no conditions, so it always casts and since there's no target specified it uses the default targeting logic. Adding "[]" at the end of your conditions does the same thing as adding ", Healing Wave" at the end. As far as I know, anyway; there might be some under-the-hood differences.

Ive always just used grid and clique, it is so much easier than trying to set up mouseover macros. I would imagine though if you just use the blizzard raid frames clique would work fine with them as well though.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Ive always just used grid and clique, it is so much easier than trying to set up mouseover macros. I would imagine though if you just use the blizzard raid frames clique would work fine with them as well though.
    Vuhdo has options for mouseover keybindings too. Using macros isn't that much work, though, as there are only a few spells you need it for (RT, HW, HS, CH, ES) and creating them is just a matter of coping/pasting the conditions and then linking each spell. It also has the advantage of not being addon-specific, so it never needs updating and works even if your addons break, your addon settings get lost, you're on another computer, or whatever.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I run VuhDo with a combination of mouseovers and panel clicks. Awesome raid frames in general but amazing for healers.