Question Steady Focus nerf?

CS - KC/FF - CS is not giving me Steady Focus. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me? If so, it's gonna make it a lot harder to keep SF up.

Inconvenient, yes, but only slightly harder - you just have to watch cooldowns of KC/KS/Barrage and other such things to plan a little more in advance. Fortunately BM play inherently has a lot of Cobra pairs. You shouldn't see much of a drop in uptime from before, and a little more planning will put you right back to normal.
    Nothing to write home about, really.

Yes, it is being discussed in the guide thread.

Posted by Blue on the WoW forums.

The stated behavior you've described for Steady Focus was a bug and the hotfix just went out only several hours ago. The next update to the hotfix blog will be at 6pm PST (<20 minutes).

Hasn't this been in since release....? if they barely caught it now........el.oh.el.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Hasn't this been in since release....? if they barely caught it now........el.oh.el.
    Yes it has been in since release. It was well known, I think it was just not high on their list.

Well that sucks... Dire beast now better?

I doubt the sims were set up to account for certain abilities, like KC, to not interrupt the chain to trigger SF. AFAIK, there's a pre-SF buff which pushes the 2nd cobra shot higher on the APL, and no exceptions for other abilities. The sims should stay the same.

Also, why does casting 3 consecutive cobra shots not result in a refreshed SF buff upon the completion of the 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by thesneak View Post
    Also, why does casting 3 consecutive cobra shots not result in a refreshed SF buff upon the completion of the 3rd?
    Let me see if I understand this. You want:
    1st Cobra Shot
    2nd Cobra Shot (Steady Focus gets applied)
    3rd Cobra Shot (Steady Focus gets refreshed?)

Why would that make sense? It takes two casts to apply the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    Let me see if I understand this. You want:
    1st Cobra Shot

Why would that make sense? It takes two casts to apply the buff.
    In that scenario there are two instances of back to back steady shots. Once could easily make the argument that prior to casting two steady shots it shouldn't matter what happened.

Not that it should work that way, but it doesn't not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    That sure looks like 2 cobra shots in a row (as the tool tip suggests).

10+ Year Old Account
    So, SF still for BM? Yeah? Nah?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    So, SF still for BM? Yeah? Nah?
    It depends, what do you want to do more damage to? For example, on Thogar, you can go DB for the best single target damage, or if you want to, SF to make it easy to keep Beast Cleave going on the adds. My raid is so AOE heavy, that on fights like Thogar and Beastlord, I am an staying with DB for more DPS on boss and priority adds. Just build up some focus before mob packs so you can cleave.

Deleted
    Well that kinda makes me a lil sad, was pretty convenient when KC was ready to use and you needed to refresh steady