Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What are the best trinkets to choose. i am 690 itlvl. HC goren soul repository. Mythic Darmac's Talisman. Normal Black Iron Cruicible. - i am thinknig the first two but not sure if iron cruicible is a good trinket that it being normal mode could beat darmacs since its just haste and multistrike is better? does aoe/single target make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Faezer View Post
    What are the best trinkets to choose. i am 690 itlvl. HC goren soul repository. Mythic Darmac's Talisman. Normal Black Iron Cruicible. - i am thinknig the first two but not sure if iron cruicible is a good trinket that it being normal mode could beat darmacs since its just haste and multistrike is better? does aoe/single target make a difference?
    Go with Mythic Darmacs + Heroic Goren.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Deleted
    also in single target fights. where no havoc cheesing on shadowburn is available. when is shadowburn better single target than chaos bolt? chaos bolt is superior when there are no procs or haste procs or mastery procs. but crit/multi shadowburn? and if procs are literally about to run out where u wouldnt fit a chaos bolt then shadowburn will be better, am i correct on that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok really new warlock. I am lvling destruction. I figure if I am going to play at 100 I better get the most time with it. But this might be off the guide but:

Are there warlock quests every 10 lvls? I know you have the mount quest at 60 and then the fel fire quest. Just curious if there are things to look for while lvling? I know it doesn't take long to hit 60, I do have heirlooms, but I really don't want to dump all the gold into lvling them higher. But I do enjoy the questing and I am taking my time. So I figured I would ask.

This guide is amazing and I am going to use it as a template for my lock.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by ZweiHandler; 2015-04-22 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZweiHandler View Post
    Ok really new warlock. I am lvling destruction. I figure if I am going to play at 100 I better get the most time with it. But this might be off the guide but:

Are there warlock quests every 10 lvls? I know you have the mount quest at 60 and then the fel fire quest. Just curious if there are things to look for while lvling? I know it doesn't take long to hit 60, I do have heirlooms, but I really don't want to dump all the gold into lvling them higher. But I do enjoy the questing and I am taking my time. So I figured I would ask.

This guide is amazing and I am going to use it as a template for my lock.
    Thanks!
    Every class has one or two quests at pretty low level to get a nice item for leveling / xmog. Should be offered from your Warlock trainer. May be only a specific one ... I know the one in Org at least offers the quest to get the Scythe-looking staff.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Every class has one or two quests at pretty low level to get a nice item for leveling / xmog. Should be offered from your Warlock trainer. May be only a specific one ... I know the one in Org at least offers the quest to get the Scythe-looking staff.
    Thanks! I will do some research.

Deleted
    Can't really decide between HC DUT and 4/4 Sandmans especially with the rppm reset in the opener. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Numar View Post
    Can't really decide between HC DUT and 4/4 Sandmans especially with the rppm reset in the opener. Any ideas?
    Probably Sandmans.

So even though the 4 piece gives our CB multicast.. I assume we never get to that point still?

Quote Originally Posted by lockdwn View Post
    So even though the 4 piece gives our CB multicast.. I assume we never get to that point still?
    I'm not sure I understand what your question is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what your question is.
    I've been trying to figure it out too.

Maybe he's asking if there's a MS cap ?? Or asking if all the MSs somehow change stat prio ??
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I've been trying to figure it out too.

Maybe he's asking if there's a MS cap ?? Or asking if all the MSs somehow change stat prio ??
    It shouldnt. The procced chaos bolts can still multistrike like normal. Its not like the proc will automaticly remove the flat chance to multistrike. However I believe his question is if there ever will be a point where the 4set is useless due to vast amounts of multistrike. Alas, we will never know untill he clarifies.

After some advice/clarification from the guide to get my CR rotation up to par please.

1. So ideally I should I be under 2.5ish-3 embers for the 2 set? It is rather hard for me to stay under (and also not to cap) but that will be a experience thing. I'm assuming though if I am going to DS I should still go almost to the cap?

2. Is there any rule over when to glyph DS or not? The guide says short fight but short being like 3 minutes or something else? Most of the mythic Gruul parses I have looked at so like 4-5 minutes have a 20 second DS.

3. Is KJC ever worth it? I was advised to use it back on heroic Imp (though probably mainly due to length of fight) and its since had quite a significant buff. So perhaps on the longer fights? Where is the cut off point?

4. Once the 4 set procs should I cast CB straight away (even unbuffed) to avoid the Infusion being lost/overwritten? Or ideally do I still wait for procs?

5. SB (ideally with buffs) is the way to go over CB in execute except when our 4 set procs? So if SB is stronger then we want to save a DS or 2 for execute? Assuming no other nuke phase.

6. When log reading for CR what's good to look out for? I'm guessing 5+ CBs during each (20 sec) DS. Then ideally multiple CBs under other non-haste procs and keeping ember bits lowish. Anything else to add? I know the general Destro stuff about Immolate uptime, Havoc use, Conflags for movement and the like.

Thanks everyone for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    After some advice/clarification from the guide to get my CR rotation up to par please.

1. So ideally I should I be under 2.5ish-3 embers for the 2 set? It is rather hard for me to stay under (and also not to cap) but that will be a experience thing. I'm assuming though if I am going to DS I should still go almost to the cap?

2. Is there any rule over when to glyph DS or not? The guide says short fight but short being like 3 minutes or something else? Most of the mythic Gruul parses I have looked at so like 4-5 minutes have a 20 second DS.

3. Is KJC ever worth it? I was advised to use it back on heroic Imp (though probably mainly due to length of fight) and its since had quite a significant buff. So perhaps on the longer fights? Where is the cut off point?

4. Once the 4 set procs should I cast CB straight away (even unbuffed) to avoid the Infusion being lost/overwritten? Or ideally do I still wait for procs?

5. SB (ideally with buffs) is the way to go over CB in execute except when our 4 set procs? So if SB is stronger then we want to save a DS or 2 for execute? Assuming no other nuke phase.

6. When log reading for CR what's good to look out for? I'm guessing 5+ CBs during each (20 sec) DS. Then ideally multiple CBs under other non-haste procs and keeping ember bits lowish. Anything else to add? I know the general Destro stuff about Immolate uptime, Havoc use, Conflags for movement and the like.

Thanks everyone for your time.
    1. Yes, and right before you pop DS it's ok to risk going closer to cap.

2. No real rule. That guidance is for pure single target, not applicable to most fights. For progression, go with what nets better burst on priority targets.

3. Depends on you as a player (how well do you pre-plan and portal) and your raid comp (how many hunters for fox). Next patch, KJC will gain some value as Fox is on the chopping block. The best players in the world (in the best guilds with the best strats) will tend to use it rarely, but that definitely doesn't mean its bad or that it wouldn't be better for your situation. Use our judgment and trial & error.

4. Cast it. it's worth waiting a few seconds for a havoc to come off cd though if that will be usable.

5. yes, Shadowburn is a monster when it crits. It's good to have DS up for it.

6. Sounds like youre on the right track.

Thanks Turturin the Warlock for your reply. Glad to hear I am mostly on the right track or at least shouldn't develop too many bad habits! As only an average type player I definitely felt that I was moving with absolutely nothing to cast a few times hence the KJC question so will play around with it. More practising incoming

I've been playing a bit of Destruction lately as a change of pace, and my old Havoc macro has been giving me a bit of trouble. What's everyone using for that sort of thing nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    I've been playing a bit of Destruction lately as a change of pace, and my old Havoc macro has been giving me a bit of trouble. What's everyone using for that sort of thing nowadays?
    They fixed the long-standing mouseover Havoc bug, so you can go back to a simple mouseover macro for Havoc and Shadowburn

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead][]Shadowburn

I hadn't heard that. Awesome news, thanks!

Deleted
    I'm struggling with my warlock at the moment. I've recently started playing it again after not really playing it since WotLK so I don't really know what's going on. So any help whatsoever in that area on how to 'get the rhythm' back would be great

- - - Updated - - -

Also, great thread. It's gonna be useful to be looking at this when help is needed.