Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Really? I just finished mine off recently out of boredom, destro seemed pretty good for it, though I've not done it with any other casters. I remember the snake being a pain in the arse back on launch mind.
    I reckon it's pretty lol now with legendary burst
    made by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction is okay there, you can basically nuke everything in submission. I only bothered until like rank 6 for the gem recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Destruction is okay there, you can basically nuke everything in submission. I only bothered until like rank 6 for the gem recipe.
    I did it for the gem too, had no issues as destro.

So at what point is it reasonable to upgrade out of 4pc t17 if you do not have 2pc t18? (Because obviously if you have 2pc t18 you're using that.)

Are the bonuses worth the 5 or so average ilvls that upgrading into 6.2 gear would give you?

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    So at what point is it reasonable to upgrade out of 4pc t17 if you do not have 2pc t18? (Because obviously if you have 2pc t18 you're using that.)

Are the bonuses worth the 5 or so average ilvls that upgrading into 6.2 gear would give you?
    I wouldn't switch until I have a set bonus
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Should i be using the Normal Fragment over Heroic GSR as Destro 4pc T18? I was looking at the latest sims and amr rankings. The Fragment is coming out on top across the board. The stacks are annoying as shit but in aoe it seems decent depending on the add life. If you can build up 1-3 stacks on those adds with F&B and then CB them..the aoe damage is insane. Since i don't have any mythic trinkets from BRF, finding the correct trinket to swap out with fragment is hard. I have the heroic GSR and BMC to pick from.

Quote Originally Posted by Restitution View Post
    Should i be using the Normal Fragment over Heroic GSR as Destro 4pc T18? I was looking at the latest sims and amr rankings. The Fragment is coming out on top across the board. The stacks are annoying as shit but in aoe it seems decent depending on the add life. If you can build up 1-3 stacks on those adds with F&B and then CB them..the aoe damage is insane. Since i don't have any mythic trinkets from BRF, finding the correct trinket to swap out with fragment is hard. I have the heroic GSR and BMC to pick from.
    Fragment sims well and plays like shit. And the 4pc t18 goes well with Proc-based trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post

5 ilvls is tiny. The 4pc bonus for Destro is big. When I dimmed it for me, dropping heroic T17 for mythic non tier from BRF was a huge loss.) Keep it until you get 2 pc t18 unless it is a significant item level increase (as in 20 to 30, not 5)
    Last edited by Jaman; 2015-07-29 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Really? I just finished mine off recently out of boredom, destro seemed pretty good for it, though I've not done it with any other casters. I remember the snake being a pain in the arse back on launch mind.

I did all my brawlers using GoServ + Dserv as demo. The pets wreck most things super fast now with such higher level gear being so easily obtained even if you have to move around a lot. Would assume the same for destro. Grimoire will always be up by the time you're back in for the next match too

I have been using the 685 GSR and i just got the 715 PoF trinket from the heroic cache. While being a large ilvl upgrade i don't feel destro hits fast enough to benefit much from it.

Is it worth using or should i just stick with the GSR? have the 690 DSI as my second trinket.

Is it worth using Dark Soul glyph in HFC?

I have the DSI trinket so its quite nice to line up Dark Soul 20sec with the proc.

Quote Originally Posted by glan View Post
    I have been using the 685 GSR and i just got the 715 PoF trinket from the heroic cache. While being a large ilvl upgrade i don't feel destro hits fast enough to benefit much from it.

Is it worth using or should i just stick with the GSR? have the 690 DSI as my second trinket.
    I would say keep rolling with GSR. Destruction doesn't have any abilities that rapidly triggers mark of doom, like arcane Missiles.

Deleted
    I meant exclusively the last boss in Brawlers.

Compared to other casters it might not be so bad for us.. but it's for sure harder than melee/hunters.

Hunters have such an easy time in Brawlers guild. Yet we have to stand still and cast without getting destroyed my the many many light projectiles rotating around the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkoth View Post
    Is it worth using Dark Soul glyph in HFC?

I have the DSI trinket so its quite nice to line up Dark Soul 20sec with the proc.
    Dark Soul is 20 seconds without the Glyph, so no don't use the Glyph especially with that trinket (which I hate you for having btw)

Deleted
    Quick question regarding FnB priority target damage: Would it be a dmg gain on priority targets if you can substain a builder> spender rotation with FnB. Meaning you could fill every second global with FnB Chaos bolt. Or would the dmg loss from FnB and GrimSac be too much.

In this case i mean Iskar especially. During intermission, i see every lock at povs aoeing those adds, though the big adds (priest, obs etc.) have a higher priority.

I guess the best way to do it would be to build ember with FnB, spend without FnB, constantly switching between them. Does anyone so this? Never seen this in any PoV.

Quote Originally Posted by Heretias View Post
    Quick question regarding FnB priority target damage: Would it be a dmg gain on priority targets if you can substain a builder> spender rotation with FnB. Meaning you could fill every second global with FnB Chaos bolt. Or would the dmg loss from FnB and GrimSac be too much.

In this case i mean Iskar especially. During intermission, i see every lock at povs aoeing those adds, though the big adds (priest, obs etc.) have a higher priority.

I guess the best way to do it would be to build ember with FnB, spend without FnB, constantly switching between them. Does anyone so this? Never seen this in any PoV.
    Most PoVs don't do anything like that because if everyone AoEs then everything dies well before the boss comes back anyway.

Regardless, if you're in this sort of situation, constantly toggling FnB to generate with Incinerate before spending with single target Chaos Bolt would be the way to go.

Just yolo aoe. Someone's gotta do it, and destruction is good at it.

The tradeoff between aoe cb and single target Cb isn't even that bad. You're losing probably ~ 35%-50% on one target to hit every other target for that much. Destruction's sustained aoe is amazing. On short aoes, you make up all that lost single target with a triple shadowburn havoc anyway.
    Last edited by Joryy; 2015-08-05 at 09:01 PM.

Deleted
    Anyone know what the PC proc is called?

e: oh nvm seems it doesnt have anything
    Last edited by mmoccd412700ec; 2015-08-06 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted
    My guilds embarrassing pace has finally got us to Mythic Gorefiend. I hear this is where mythic actually starts.

Any tips for general destro shenanigans on the encounter?