Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atroxe View Post
    Destro has always been the type of spec where you keep resources pooled in expectation of procs though. There isn't really a reason you shouldn't be hovering around 3 embers for when a proc might come up (excluding cases where you need a heavy burn on an important target or phase).
    Actually... point is, I am not convinced that this is particularly a good model when you run DSI. DSI + Mastery Enchant proc are not a small boost and there is a very good reason to pop Chaos Bolts during that window, instead of waiting out for GSR and missing out. On the other hand if you do go wild, GSR can proc shortly after and you find yourself with 1 Ember.

Basically, it seems to be very inefficient to me, you are almost for sure going to leak power one way or the other.

With Sandman you have no such issue and can utilize this double proc outside the trinket burn without any issue.

I do think that both options are very comparable to each other, that is my experience really, but I just prefer the predictable stability of Pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Actually... point is, I am not convinced that this is particularly a good model when you run DSI. DSI + Mastery Enchant proc are not a small boost and there is a very good reason to pop Chaos Bolts during that window, instead of waiting out for GSR and missing out. On the other hand if you do go wild, GSR can proc shortly after and you find yourself with 1 Ember.

Basically, it seems to be very inefficient to me, you are almost for sure going to leak power one way or the other.

With Sandman you have no such issue and can utilize this double proc outside the trinket burn without any issue.

I do think that both options are very comparable to each other, that is my experience really, but I just prefer the predictable stability of Pouch.
    Unless you are playing like DServ / Cata (which you really never should considering our tier circumstances etc.) then you never "wait out" for GSR. Charred Remains makes ember rebuilds very easy and it isn't really difficult to manage getting back to back GSR / DSI procs. GSR procs make it really easy to recover from 1 ember as well since it affects your ember gains w/ Incinerate / Immo. Like you said, there isn't much of a difference but I've had the best results so far using DSI + GSR when I'm not using fragment.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you are playing like DServ / Cata (which you really never should considering our tier circumstances etc.) then you never "wait out" for GSR. Charred Remains makes ember rebuilds very easy and it isn't really difficult to manage getting back to back GSR / DSI procs. GSR procs make it really easy to recover from 1 ember as well since it affects your ember gains w/ Incinerate / Immo. Like you said, there isn't much of a difference but I've had the best results so far using DSI + GSR when I'm not using fragment.
    Myself as well

Welp, while we're on the topic subject. I unfortunately do not have GSR.

I do have 705 Fragment, 690 DSI, Pouch (upgraded to 5 of 6), CSP, and Mythic Warforged BMC. (I also have 700 DuT + socket).

In the absence of GSR, any suggestions on which one to pair with DSI on the fights that don't work for the class trinket? I'm leaning towards Pouch, despite the long internal cooldown, until I can get GSR or UGOS. I've been hoping that something better comes my way before upgrading the Pouch all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Furty what are your thoughts on 6/6 Sandman's - I don't have access to Mythic GSR yet. If/when I get a mythic GSR would you use that over 6/6 sandmans?

Quote Originally Posted by Prisefighter View Post
    If/when I get a mythic GSR would you use that over 6/6 sandmans?
    I sure would.

Furty, I found a typo: in the BiS gear you have the right item for the shoulder, but you list a BRF boss:

Shoulders | Deathrattle Shoulderpads | Operator Thogar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    Furty, I found a typo: in the BiS gear you have the right item for the shoulder, but you list a BRF boss:

Shoulders | Deathrattle Shoulderpads | Operator Thogar
    Yeah, get your ass back to BRF.

Fixed, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP: nice refresh, I always point people to this guide when they ask me for help.

One thing though, trinkets section, you are omitting Sandman's Pouch, which is a terrific choice for any Destruction Warlock especially ones who just start out, as it is literally readily available from AH/Crafting and for a pretty modest price at that.

I recently sparked a discussion with Furty about this on his stream and we both ended up with the same result. I'm now confident running Chipped Soul Prism + Iron Reaver's Piston is the best route for maximum damage as Destruction. After running some personal sims, I realized that DSI + Fragment actually gives significantly less up front (opener burst) damage than using CSP + Piston.

https://gyazo.com/358f152a6f66f0c9d8f15162a4df5946

These are the results of Furty and I using CSP + Piston on Mythic Archimonde. Zevoa actually has a really strong private parse of Archimonde as Destro with both of these trinkets as well, and I'm sure he will chime in.

The extra stats from both trinkets outweigh any sort of proc based trinket currently available to us. Fragment was a lie all along (it has no stats for e.x. which is all destro is currently looking for) and is actually not strong in the slightest.

Another topic of discussion is the amount of damage loss from having to take a step of movement. This is why Furty, myself, Zevoa and many other top warlocks such as Sparkuggz have ran Supremacy/KJC/Serv to maximize damage punch from having to move.

Sadly, Gahhdo's sims were misleading us the entire time but at least now we are aware of this problem.

Best of luck to all and may the ranks be with you!

Thanks for reading! Enjoy this picture of yours truly!
    Last edited by Atroxe; 2015-08-29 at 03:50 PM.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recently sparked a discussion with Furty about this on his stream and we both ended up with the same result. I'm now confident running Chipped Soul Prism + Iron Reaver's Piston is the best route for maximum damage as Destruction. After running some personal sims, I realized that DSI + Fragment actually gives significantly less up front (opener burst) damage than using CSP + Piston.

https://gyazo.com/358f152a6f66f0c9d8f15162a4df5946

These are the results of Furty and I using CSP + Piston on Mythic Archimonde. Zevoa actually has a really strong private parse of Archimonde as Destro with both of these trinkets as well, and I'm sure he will chime in.

The extra stats from both trinkets outweigh any sort of proc based trinket currently available to us. Fragment was a lie all along (it has no stats for e.x. which is all destro is currently looking for) and is actually not strong in the slightest.

Another topic of discussion is the amount of damage loss from having to take a step of movement. This is why Furty, myself, Zevoa and many other top warlocks such as Sparkuggz have ran Supremacy/KJC/Serv to maximize damage punch from having to move.

Sadly, Gahhdo's sims were misleading us the entire time but at least now we are aware of this problem.

Best of luck to all and may the ranks be with you!

Thanks for reading! Enjoy this picture of yours truly!
    We've kept silent on this matter for quite some time now. However, I strongly feel that this matter needs as much exposure as possible.

I'm sure The Lord will revise his public guide here soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Well it makes sense, since you completely eliminate any sort of RNG screwup with movement and trinket procs at the same and wrong time... I just wonder what should be used in this case if you do not have CSP.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it makes sense, since you completely eliminate any sort of RNG... I just wonder what should be used in this case if you do not have CSP.
    Remember, consistency is everything especially when it comes to raiding.

Furthermore, due to the nature of the current 4pc we also discovered that it's worth playing with 0pc with this trinket set up. Atroxe chose not to mention it in his previous post due to the fact that most players at the current time don't have the available off pieces to replace four item slots. This is the optimal talent build for Destruction: http://puu.sh/jSRG4/e6679a040c.jpg and Glyphs: http://puu.sh/jSRGA/29fc511acc.jpg.
    Last edited by Zevoa; 2015-08-29 at 05:19 PM.

So I'm guessing the same goes for Demo and Affli? Sorry, I'm aware this is the destro guide, but while you're on the subject.

Does CSP also outweigh the other trinkets on HC/Mythic ilvl?

Quote Originally Posted by FurtyIRL View Post
    Guide has been brought fully up to date for 6.2.
    bless you dude

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Remember, consistency is everything especially when it comes to raiding.

Furthermore, due to the nature of the current 4pc we also discovered that it's worth playing with 0pc with this trinket set up. Atroxe chose not to mention it in his previous post due to the fact that most players at the current time don't have the available off pieces to replace four item slots. This is the optimal talent build for Destruction: http://puu.sh/jSRG4/e6679a040c.jpg and Glyphs: http://puu.sh/jSRGA/29fc511acc.jpg.
    I am having a very hard time believing you actually use Glyph of Havoc. Why?

I can understand mobility with that spec, yes, but Havoc glyph?

Is the imperator static haste/multistrike trinket a reasonable replacement for the chipped soul prism? It has more static stats than dsi and has a great amount of intellect to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    So I'm guessing the same goes for Demo and Affli? Sorry, I'm aware this is the destro guide, but while you're on the subject.

Does CSP also outweigh the other trinkets on HC/Mythic ilvl?
    Yes. A good alternative with CSP / Piston is the Quiescent Runestone off Mar'gok. For some reason, my armory is bugging out but you can take a look at the talent choices I picked. I prioritize consistency over everything as having random spikes in damage pull to pull is what will wipe you more than anything.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>

I am having a very hard time believing you actually use Glyph of Havoc. Why?

I can understand mobility with that spec, yes, but Havoc glyph?
    Seen a lot of warlocks use the havoc glyph on stream to great effect in the last few weeks.

Yes. A good alternative with CSP / Piston is the Quiescent Runestone off Mar'gok. For some reason, my armory is bugging out but you can take a look at the talent choices I picked. I prioritize consistency over everything as having random spikes in damage pull to pull is what will wipe you more than anything.
    What about UGoS for the massive intellect? Interesting discussion, the talents in some spots are the exact opposite of what was advised before; sup instead of sac, DS instead of CR. Is this talking all-round or specific bosses? Sorry for the flurry of questions, but I'm really interested in this turn of events.