Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    conflicting advice for m hfa please help

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hxzQkmwJAqfbdNHF

guildie lock says to avoid fnb like the plague on it, but asked on the wow lock forums they said the exact opposite. i know the low shadowburns are an issue im either casting cb and miss em or im out of embers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    conflicting advice for m hfa please help

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hxzQkmwJAqfbdNHF

guildie lock says to avoid fnb like the plague on it, but asked on the wow lock forums they said the exact opposite. i know the low shadowburns are an issue im either casting cb and miss em or im out of embers.
    Here you can compare to this: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=16

We are the same ilvl too. Mine is not amazing really, I could do better with prio targets, but it's still decent enough.

Basically a good use of F&B allows you to quickly roll trash mobs into execute zone and dispatch them (Iron Dragoons are not dangerous, but they are actually a pretty significant source of tank damage taken, so you can't just ignore them for a long time either), then you can abuse the shit out of Shadowburn to refill embers or cleave and then put extra free Chaos Bolts you gained into prio targets.

You do need to be careful to not trigger multiple Felcasters though, so don't AoE packs that have 2 heavily damaged felcasters ready to pop in them.

The idea is simple here, it's true that ultimately AoEing trash is a poor choice vs killing priority targets, BUT with Destruction warlock this can be easily turned around by the fact that AoE ultimately feeds your Single Target by giving you silly Ember generation and cleave possibilities which directly transfer into you dropping F&B and nuking the crap out of prio target. Then of course the fact that you ultimately damage secondary targets that do need to be killed is a bonus.

Also note the fun part - Shadowburn should be the most casted spell in this encounter for you, for example in my parse I had 70 casts and 89 hits (so I cleaved it 19 times) and it actually did most of it's damage to the priority targets too.

Finally just to give you another small bump: I have spent about 3 times more Burning Embers than you over 7 minutes time frame simply thanks to me generating tons of embers via AoE and Shadowburns.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-08-31 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Here you can compare to this: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=16

We are the same ilvl too. Mine is not amazing really, I could do better with prio targets, but it's still decent enough.

Basically a good use of F&B allows you to quickly roll trash mobs into execute zone and dispatch them (Iron Dragoons are not dangerous, but they are actually a pretty significant source of tank damage taken, so you can't just ignore them for a long time either), then you can abuse the shit out of Shadowburn to refill embers or cleave and then put extra free Chaos Bolts you gained into prio targets.

You do need to be careful to not trigger multiple Felcasters though, so don't AoE packs that have 2 heavily damaged felcasters ready to pop in them.

The idea is simple here, it's true that ultimately AoEing trash is a poor choice vs killing priority targets, BUT with Destruction warlock this can be easily turned around by the fact that AoE ultimately feeds your Single Target by giving you silly Ember generation and cleave possibilities which directly transfer into you dropping F&B and nuking the crap out of prio target. Then of course the fact that you ultimately damage secondary targets that do need to be killed is a bonus.

Also note the fun part - Shadowburn should be the most casted spell in this encounter for you, for example in my parse I had 70 casts and 89 hits (so I cleaved it 19 times) and it actually did most of it's damage to the priority targets too.

Finally just to give you another small bump: I have spent about 3 times more Burning Embers than you over 7 minutes time frame simply thanks to me generating tons of embers via AoE and Shadowburns.
    Please, do not use infernal.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atroxe View Post
    Please, do not use infernal.
    It's green and nice, I like it, also it acts like Shadowfury for the poor.

If I remember correctly I simply forgot to use Doomguard when I should have, so I just plopped this one for the heck of it in the end.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-08-31 at 01:47 PM.

damage per execute time
    Thank you ever so very much for taking the time to answer my question. It is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    F[/url]guildie lock says to avoid fnb like the plague on it, but asked on the wow lock forums they said the exact opposite. i know the low shadowburns are an issue im either casting cb and miss em or im out of embers.

FnB is for the dragoons. Do you care about killing the dragoons? If yes, welcome to being a padlord. If no, be wary of egotistical combat rogues and shamans and warriors who do. You're probably not wiping to dragoons though.

Never go below 1 ember. Shadowburns are crucial.
    Last edited by Joryy; 2015-09-02 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    FnB is for the dragoons. Do you care about killing the dragoons? If yes, welcome to being a padlord. If no, be away of egotistical combat rogues and shamans and warriors who do. You're probably not wiping to dragoons though.

Never go below 1 ember. Shadowburns are crucial.
    got kicked from a pug because i didnt scumbag pad the dragoons, but had the highest damage to the priority targets, but over all lower end of the dps. we wiped because a canon blew up...

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    We've kept silent on this matter for quite some time now. However, I strongly feel that this matter needs as much exposure as possible.

I'm sure The Lord will revise his public guide here soon.
    Hi Zevoa could I please buy a lesson on warlock from you please

Infracted - Woz
    Last edited by Woz; 2015-09-01 at 12:00 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobellz View Post
    Hi Zevoa could I please buy a lesson on warlock from you please

Infracted - Woz
    Yeah, Zac just PM me xD

Ok how much for lessons? xD

Quick question about talent choices what would be the best choices for solo content e.g. doing stuff in tanaan like dailies/killing rares?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pung9 View Post
    Quick question about talent choices what would be the best choices for solo content e.g. doing stuff in tanaan like dailies/killing rares?
    Just swap sac for supremacy if you don't have enough gear to slay things instantly with sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by FurtyIRL View Post
    Just swap sac for supremacy if you don't have enough gear to slay things instantly with sacrifice.

i just prefer to run affliction for tanan. just throw instant dots on every thing supremeacy void lord picking them up, keep SBhaunt up and DS as things die. feels much faster and less of an issue than trying to play either version of Destruction for mobs that dont have a tone of health any ways. Destruction has better aoe yes, but i like having the void walker to tank stuff, which then kills the aoe side of things since you dont have CR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brok3nh3lix View Post
    i just prefer to run affliction for tanan. just throw instant dots on every thing supremeacy void lord picking them up, keep SBhaunt up and DS as things die. feels much faster and less of an issue than trying to play either version of Destruction for mobs that dont have a tone of health any ways. Destruction has better aoe yes, but i like having the void walker to tank stuff, which then kills the aoe side of things since you dont have CR.
    If you're going for speed it's much better to play Sac/CR and round up 20 mobs then 1 shot all of them with FNB CB. Soul Link will instantly heal you to full health from the hp refund so tankiness isn't an issue. Of course since you're questing you should play whatever tickles your fancy but you will have the fastest/easiest time with dailies as destruction.

Thank you, Furty, for updating this for 6.2. Been waiting to see what you had to say about Fragment. I'm still unsure about something, though, regarding the trinket. The tool-tip for both the Heroic and Mythic variation of the trinket seem to have no differences but the item level. Is this accurate, or is it a tool-tip error? Seeing that Mythic Fragment outperforms the Heroic version in simulations, I'm thinking it should be a tool-tip error. Does anyone have any info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Suyakang View Post
    Thank you, Furty, for updating this for 6.2. Been waiting to see what you had to say about Fragment. I'm still unsure about something, though, regarding the trinket. The tool-tip for both the Heroic and Mythic variation of the trinket seem to have no differences but the item level. Is this accurate, or is it a tool-tip error? Seeing that Mythic Fragment outperforms the Heroic version in simulations, I'm thinking it should be a tool-tip error. Does anyone have any info on this?
    Tooltip uses this thing called rounding numbers ;p.

Heroic is 3.91% and Mythic is 4.49% increased crit chance.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Tooltip uses this thing called rounding numbers ;p.

Heroic is 3.91% and Mythic is 4.49% increased crit chance.
    Had a feeling it might have been that, but I also didn't think Blizz would have rounded in a case where fractions of a percentage make a difference. Thanks for your help!

so about the fragment guys, how long since it started working with FnB Chaosbolt? /slowpoke.jpg
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2015-09-13 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    About a month ago or so, if you mean F&B Chaos Bolt being affected.

thanks, that is a glorious moment for us all