Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is almost as good as GSR anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brok3nh3lix View Post
    if i have basically no realistic shot at getting a mythic GSR, how does 6/6 sandmans stand up? i know that eye of sethee isnt bad, but how do these 2 compare? Rerolled a bout a month ago to lock and im currently running insignia and piston, looking to replace the piston.
    It's pretty weak comparatively, particularly on add fights. Your best alternative is Mythic UGoS.

Deleted
    Hi Furty,

thanks for the guide! For people who only clears HC HFC, which crafted lvl 6 pieces do you think should I craft? I think boots, cape and ring are the best; what's your opinion on that? (For destro)
    Any thought on affliction crafted gear?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiler View Post
    Hi Furty,

thanks for the guide! For people who only clears HC HFC, which crafted lvl 6 pieces do you think should I craft? I think boots, cape and ring are the best; what's your opinion on that? (For destro)

Thanks!
    Just depends on what your gear is lowest ilvl, no real ideal pieces since you are unlikely to have full equivalent ilvl HFC pieces. I like non-tier since you aim to get those pieces very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiler View Post
    Hi Furty,

Thanks!
    I used three pieces originally, boots, belt and bracers.

I replaced the belt and barcers a long time ago and i'm still rocking the boots at 5/13 mythic, will swap them out for the zakuun boots when we get to that but i'd definetly say boots, they will last you a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boots, Cloak and bracers is what I went with.

6/13 Mythic and still have the cloak. Boots got replaced via a cache. Realistically fully upgraded crafted gear is basically a mainstay unless you get BIS mythic(imo) so if you are only putting them in place now, you might get some good use from them.

If you are only doing heroic as you say, you won't get any upgrades past fully upgraded crafted. So I'd recommend cloak, boots and bracers. That's without seeing your armoury, where you might have some dirt piece of gear somewhere else.

It's also somewhat gold dependant mind you, as they can be expensive (relative to your income) to get them fully upgrded. But probably pays of regarding the fact you wont replace them doing heroic content.

Since 6.2 came out i'd been struggling to get a group together to try get the oregorger trinket and i finally got it last night, happy! Goodbye sandmans pouch!

7+ Year Old Account
    Can sandmans pouch substitute for GSR? Since i will be getting hfc trinkets anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Can sandmans pouch substitute for GSR? Since i will be getting hfc trinkets anyway.
    The main post features a Trinket Discussion.
    I would recommend getting a Mythic GSR since it is an awesome trinket for progression.

Sandman's is a decent alternative though.

Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    The main post features a Trinket Discussion.
    The main post also doesn't even mention Sandmans...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsaxen View Post
    I mean it doesn't go into detail like it does for the new HFC trinkets, but it does have this:

Sims aren't the best thing to go off of because Sandman's actually doesn't play that well in practice, but it's atleast something to go off of as a baseline.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh sorry i didn't see that chart

I thought that mythic gsr would rank higher than sandmans pouch though.

Oh sorry i didn't see that chart

I thought that mythic gsr would rank higher than sandmans pouch though.
    That's what I was saying about Sandman's doesn't actually play that well and GSR is actually better in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsaxen View Post
    Which is probably the answer.

But Furty answered the question on this page, about 5 or 6 posts before yours.

Quote Originally Posted by FurtyIRL View Post
    It's pretty weak comparatively, particularly on add fights. Your best alternative is Mythic UGoS.

Just to clarify why Sandman's is not as strong as sims suggests, it hardly ever procs the moment it finishes the ICD. If it fails to proc a few seconds after each ICD finishes, then it desyncs itself from procs like DS, ring, etc.
    On top of this, if it procs during a phase where you either have to stop damage, can't attack anything, or before a priority add / damage increasing phase begins (iskar intermission or gorefiend feast phase for e.x) then you are losing out a lot more than if you were to have a GSR equipped.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Would you use Heroic UGoS over sandman's?

So as a second trinket heroic UGoS or csp 705? im using 705ilvl dis as my first?

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    The issue is that that is a chart for single target DPS afaik? And you generally won't be using destro on single target fights or play it as a single target spec anyway.

You'll be playing it on fights where you've to execute or AoE adds quickly.
    I only posted the chart because the guy said that the guide didn't mention Sandman's ever. It does.

I've also said a bunch of times that GSR plays much better in practice and you have to take every single sim you see with a grain of salt. Simply said the trinket was mentioned and it was a VERY rough starting point.....It's been said a bunch of times in the thread that GSR is superior and it was also said to the guy who asked the question this time. I understand where/when people will generally be playing Destro.

7+ Year Old Account
    My bad lol ><

My bad lol ><
    All your fault! haha