Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't totally discount IRP. Even though I thought it was bad the results I've had in practice have been pretty good.

There was hype about UGoS going into 6.2.3 but I think it's fizzled now.

GSR is turning out to still be a pretty good trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxxa View Post
    Don't totally discount IRP. Even though I thought it was bad the results I've had in practice have been pretty good.

There was hype about UGoS going into 6.2.3 but I think it's fizzled now.

GSR is turning out to still be a pretty good trinket.
    Yeah I suppose so, I keep attempting to get a GSR just no luck. Didn't get it when it was current progression, don't get it each week brolling and no luck in the cache sadly, so I'm trying to find the next best trinket to use when Fragment is bad, and it isn't a demon fight for Voidsight.

I have all the Mythic HFC trinkets at my disposal, aside from PoF but I know that's inferior anyway.
    Last edited by uhhwateva; 2015-11-26 at 07:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't worry about farming GSR. Play around with IRP and UGoS. My recent understanding is the UGoS proc is nothing to write home about even with 2/2 upgrade. As I said, I found the IRP 2/2, which I replaced GSR with for a few fights these past 2 resets, to do better than expected. We're already in a spot where it's possible to start upgrading all your extra gear this week anyway, so have at 'er.

There's no perfect replacement for GSR. UGoS is the most similar (random increased damage), and has good base intellect so is the standard recommendation. Fragment is good if you can keep the stacks up and still need some semblance of add control, and IRP is somewhere between the two and give a lot of consistency.

How does a 2/2 Mythic Prophecy stack up against a poverty 6/6 Sandman's 2/2 (since I can never get a GSR it seems D

Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    How does a 2/2 Mythic Prophecy stack up against a poverty 6/6 Sandman's 2/2 (since I can never get a GSR it seems D
    PoF is 100% useless for Affliction, and easily the worst HFC trinket for Destro. I'd probably be in the right by saying to never use it for either of the two specs, as virtually any other HFC trinket is better.

Deleted

trinkets as destruction

hi i was wondering about i few trinkets i have got on my warlock. i play mostly destruction atm. the trinkets i got is normal class trinket705,715 darkmoon trinket,council trinket hc wf(i know this one for certain should always be on), and heirloom trinket 715. so my question being as to what trinket i should use as second one? i heard recently heirloom trinket is rly good and frome what i seen is quite good uptime but i dont see it on icy veins list.

Fragment of the Dark Star is only worth it on fights you where don't have to move or change target much (anything that will cause you to often lose stacks).

Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia should be your main trinket.

Voidsight Orb should probably be your 2nd trinket most of the time. Sandman's Pouch is also good, but Voidsight will definitely be better agaisnt demons.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2015-11-29 at 03:01 PM.

currently i have access to the following trinkets

H - DSI (always equipped obviously)

Heirloom - use on demon fights

leaving me with the following available.

6/6 Sandmans
    H eye with socket
    M IRP

trying to figure out what makes the most sense. eye proc tends to be about 5-8% of my damage. I know this is the desto thread, but insight into the affliction side would be nice as well.

there isn't much change i will come across a mythic GSR. I switched to lock during HFC and havn't really gone back to BRF, so im also not even getting mythic caches from there.

Nm got it.

So ok I'm sure this has been answered already but any who... Do I'm still gearing my lock after a break and I've noticed some gem and chant mastery and I've read that unless you have the class trinket you should gem and chant crit? I've been going by what furry says and going mastery but I'm not for sure thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are playing without Charred Remains - Crit>Mastery - you should not play without Charred Remains, please feel bad if you did.

If you are playing with Charred Remains, then the short answer is: Mastery>Crit... Long answer - in theory in pure single target encounter Crit is slightly better than Mastery, but there are (almost) no pure single target encounters and in any case other than that non-existent one Mastery>Crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    If you are playing without Charred Remains - Crit>Mastery - you should not play without Charred Remains, please feel bad if you did.

If you are playing with Charred Remains, then the short answer is: Mastery>Crit... Long answer - in theory in pure single target encounter Crit is slightly better than Mastery, but there are (almost) no pure single target encounters and in any case other than that non-existent one Mastery>Crit.
    aye, and on those ST fights, chances are you'd prolly be better off playing affliction for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

Even on single target Mastery is better.

Quote Originally Posted by n00block View Post
    Sorry for once again asking a trinket related question, but I really need to know.

I have DSI (heroic, 715), Sandman's Pouch (725), Orb of Voidsight and Chipped Soul Prism (715 with socket)

I know I need to go with DSI and Orb of Voidsight on demon fights, but what about other times? Will I go with DSI and Sandman or Soul Prism? Please help! Thank you.
    I personally hate Sandman's so I might be a bit biased toward other options but I think with your set of trinkets I'd be running DIS and Orb on everything. Either way it's DIS every fight and then choose between Sandman and Void, Soul Prism is terrible.

Deleted
    I simmed my char for non-demon target with DSI HC WF and Goren M or Orb of Voidsight and results was identicall. So i guess linked comparsion is for non-demon.
    Last edited by mmoc02ad75f839; 2015-12-12 at 10:56 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Warlocks! I havent played since 5.2 and am just trying to get back into the swing of things. It seems like very very little has changed for destro... (that said, I haven't levelled past 90 yet) One thing I can't figure out is if we still need to recast dots under the effect of procs? (I feel like I remember discussion about removing that mechanic but can't be sure.)

Anything else huge that I need to be aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    Hi Warlocks! I havent played since 5.2 and am just trying to get back into the swing of things. It seems like very very little has changed for destro... (that said, I haven't levelled past 90 yet) One thing I can't figure out is if we still need to recast dots under the effect of procs? (I feel like I remember discussion about removing that mechanic but can't be sure.)

Anything else huge that I need to be aware of?
    (Most) HoTs/DoTs update dynamically with stats. All you have to care about now is not letting them fall off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Is Voidsight still better than Fragment on single target demon fights?

I found this here: http://downloads.simulationcraft.org..._Trinkets.html
    But not sure if that is on a demon target or not...
    Fragment remains the highest damage trinket but is largely ineffective for the same reasons as before (bad burst on priority targets, stacks falling during mechanics/movement, etc.).

Very well written guild, thank you.