Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason I am just absolutely.... dreadfully awful at Destruction in spite of my desire to really like it and want to play it in Legion since it makes a Fire Mage look like a clown for kids.

I don't know if I am using Fire and Brimstone wrong,
    I don't know if I am using Chaos Bolts wrong,
    I don't know if I am using Conflagrate and its buff wrong,
    I don't know if I am using Shadowburn wrong.

It just feels like I am doing something VERY wrong whenever I fire up my Warlock and start hitting things for 16 - 18k and it makes me sad even when I try and follow the priority/rotation and spellflash. He's only 656 since he's an alt so maybe it's more of a gear/stat issue? Bleh.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    He's only 656 since he's an alt so maybe it's more of a gear/stat issue? Bleh.
    This kind of thought process should never be going through your mind, if you allow yourself to believe gear is the main reason for lack of DPS you'll never improve.

You just highlighted that you don't know if you are using your spells correctly; I'd advise you look into fixing those issues first. Gear is almost certainly a factor, however don't allow yourself to be deceived into simply thinking higher ilvl = better player.

7+ Year Old Account
    For some reason I am just absolutely.... dreadfully awful at Destruction in spite of my desire to really like it and want to play it in Legion since it makes a Fire Mage look like a clown for kids.

It just feels like I am doing something VERY wrong whenever I fire up my Warlock and start hitting things for 16 - 18k and it makes me sad even when I try and follow the priority/rotation and spellflash. He's only 656 since he's an alt so maybe it's more of a gear/stat issue? Bleh.

Are you using charred remains? Do you use chaos bolt on trinket procs?

Charred remains significantly lowers your incinerate damage and chaos bolts damage is amplified greatly with trinket procs so you wanna try to line them up.

10+ Year Old Account

Probably want to start with the front page of this guide. Answers to all your queries can be found.

I'm in the process of gearing up my old Siege of Orgrimmar warlock in anticipation of Legion, had a trinket query about which trinkets I should be using for aff and destro under different circumstances.

My current trinket collection includes GSR Mythic, FotDS Heroic, UGoS Heroic, OoV, and stage 6 Sandman.
    In spite of my efforts I haven't got DSI yet.
    I've read enough to make the decision to reserve FotDS for affliction fights only, since I personally dislike the hassle it brings for destro. So what I've been doing is comboing GSR with Sandman (unless it's a demon fight, in which case I run GSR and OoV). Not sure if this is optimal, but it certainly allows me to line up some killer CB burst phases in Dark Soul. With what I have on hand, is this my best bet? Or does UGoS have it's place somewhere?

Thanks for the thread, it's been very helpful for someone coming back after hiatus.

edit: Mentioning my armoury is in the sig below under 'Warlock'

10+ Year Old Account
    is it worth to drop 4pc for mythic archy shoulders? (note my heroic shoulders have a socket).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    is it worth to drop 4pc for mythic archy shoulders? (note my heroic shoulders have a socket).
    No, the set bonus is RNGish, but pretty good.

Besides those shoulders have shit stats anyway.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    I'm in the process of gearing up my old Siege of Orgrimmar warlock in anticipation of Legion, had a trinket query about which trinkets I should be using for aff and destro under different circumstances.

My current trinket collection includes GSR Mythic, FotDS Heroic, UGoS Heroic, OoV, and stage 6 Sandman.
    In spite of my efforts I haven't got DSI yet.
    I've read enough to make the decision to reserve FotDS for affliction fights only, since I personally dislike the hassle it brings for destro. So what I've been doing is comboing GSR with Sandman (unless it's a demon fight, in which case I run GSR and OoV). Not sure if this is optimal, but it certainly allows me to line up some killer CB burst phases in Dark Soul. With what I have on hand, is this my best bet? Or does UGoS have it's place somewhere?

Thanks for the thread, it's been very helpful for someone coming back after hiatus.

edit: Mentioning my armoury is in the sig below under 'Warlock'
    Until you get DSI. GSR + Sandman's or UGoS on any non-demon fight. Personally, I've never bothered with Sandman's since Highmaul and would go with UGoS, even if it's for the most part a stat stick.

Deleted
    very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Until you get DSI. GSR + Sandman's or UGoS on any non-demon fight. Personally, I've never bothered with Sandman's since Highmaul and would go with UGoS, even if it's for the most part a stat stick.
    Thanks for the assist. Seen some mixed opinions on the Sandman's. Say you haven't used yours since HM, but surely the upgraded stage 6 version is a far cry different from what it was in HM, no? I find it an annoying trinket to line up, considering it's ICD, but even so. Just curious for pro's and con's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    I find it an annoying trinket to line up, considering it's ICD, but even so.
    That's why most people don't (or shouldn't) use it. Chances that it procs on an add spawn or at some other important time is pretty low, really devaluing the proc. Highmaul was just a bad time for Destro, and our trinket options were incredibly limited.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    That's why most people don't (or shouldn't) use it. Chances that it procs on an add spawn or at some other important time is pretty low, really devaluing the proc. Highmaul was just a bad time for Destro, and our trinket options were incredibly limited.
    Ok, figured that was the reasoning but I wanted to make sure I was on the right page, in terms of what is actually valued. Thanks mate.

Sure is nice having the GSR, very satisfying when it chain-procs during DS. Highest priority now is to get DSI. More important than 4piece I expect, considering I still have a 2piece of t17M

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    But, surely, a proc trinket should be better than that rubbish MWF UGoS...

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to ask which trinket to use on Mythic Gorefiend (Guild started progressing 2 weeks ago)
    This is what I got:
    Orb of Voidsight
    Mythic Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia
    Heroic Iron Reaver Piston
    Heroic Fragment of The Dark Star
    Mythic Warforged Unblinking Gaze of Seethe

And I am of course, playing Destruction.

Deleted
    IMO :
    DSI + OoV
    Any fight you can utilize this combo (aka demon fights) you should do so.

Also...
    FoDS is terrible for the adds
    UGoS can cause cleave problems on Souls

Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    IMO :
    DSI + OoV

Also...
    Heroic Iron Reaver Piston can be a Viable choice if the Raid it's struggling on killing Adds since the flat status helps out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by cobz715 View Post
    IMO :
    DSI + OoV

Also...

Is this a reply for me or?

Deleted
    Yes ofc it's a reply for you, he talks about Souls which is a Gorefiend mechanics. My opinion is that use OoV+DSI if you find that you got enough damage on adds but you still need to help on them(Boss damage option) or DSI+IRP if u find that u need more adds damage and less boss damage. But i think that the best option is OoV+DSI because OoV can still help you killing adds while deal a large amount of damage on boss during feast

My DPS literally skyrocketed by changing from Fragment to OoV, thanks a lot guys

- - - Updated - - -

Is everyone using Gaze + Fragment on single target affliction?

Quote Originally Posted by mkextremer View Post
    Is everyone using Gaze + Fragment on single target affliction?
    Gaze? DSI is infinitely better