Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have a Mythic WF Gaze and mythic DSI. Should I try without the Heroic fragment?

- - - Updated - - -

I just looted the Mythic Goren Soul Repository.
    It would really help if all the best warlocks could make a list of trinkets for HFC mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by mkextremer View Post
    I have a Mythic WF Gaze and mythic DSI. Should I try without the Heroic fragment?

- - - Updated - - -

It would really help if all the best warlocks could make a list of trinkets for HFC mythic.
    They did, it's just scattered as individual posts throughout this thread and the the other 900,000 threads asking about trinkets.

- - - Updated - - -

It's basically DSI > gsr > ugos > piston. DSI is always used.

Use orb on demon fights. Use fragment if you need boss damage, and can maintain stacks, and refuse to play affliction.

What I want to know now is on which bosses is the Mythic DSI and Mythic GSR viable?

What I want to know now is on which bosses is the Mythic DSI and Mythic GSR viable?
    If you're playing destro on every fight (not recommended), you should use GSR on HFA, Kilrogg, Iskar, Socrethar, Xhul, and maybe kormrok if you have issues with hands. Use OoV on Gorefiend, Tyrant, Fel Lord (maybe), Mannoroth, Archimonde. Use fragment on Reaver, Council, Fel Lord. I listed Fel Lord twice because I'm not sure whether OoV beats out fragment on a single target demon, and don't particularly care because I would never play destro on it.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdzrool View Post
    If you're playing destro on every fight (not recommended), you should use GSR on HFA, Kilrogg, Iskar, Socrethar, Xhul, and maybe kormrok if you have issues with hands. Use OoV on Gorefiend, Tyrant, Fel Lord (maybe), Mannoroth, Archimonde. Use fragment on Reaver, Council, Fel Lord. I listed Fel Lord twice because I'm not sure whether OoV beats out fragment on a single target demon, and don't particularly care because I would never play destro on it.
    I would also never play destro on Reaver,council,zakuun,tyrant. So Fragment is actually a must equip on affliction because of the faster shard procs?

I would also never play destro on Reaver,council,zakuun,tyrant. So Fragment is actually a must equip on affliction because of the faster shard procs?
    I used heroic fragment on every affliction fight besides Zakuun where I would use DSI/OoV, and on arch when we had trouble meeting the dps requirement for 1 doomfire. OoV might be better than H Frag on Tyrant but I'm not really sure as I killed tyrant before it was an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdzrool View Post
    Fragment on Kilrogg if you're going downstairs. Would also recommend GSR on Gorefiend. Also agree with the last part - theoretically fragment should beat OOV on tyrant/fel lord but never done practical tests and I see little reason to experiment!

Quote Originally Posted by FurtyIRL View Post
    Fragment on Kilrogg if you're going downstairs. Would also recommend GSR on Gorefiend. Also agree with the last part - theoretically fragment should beat OOV on tyrant/fel lord but never done practical tests and I see little reason to experiment!
    Is it safe to assume that I have gotten Gaze mythic WF for nothing? Is is completely useless?

Is it safe to assume that I have gotten Gaze mythic WF for nothing? Is is completely useless?
    Welcome to my World, bro.

Mythic UGOS is almost equal to Mythic GSR. For fights where Fragment is bad and the boss isn't a demon you can use DSI and UGOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Mythic UGOS is almost equal to Mythic GSR. For fights where Fragment is bad and the boss isn't a demon you can use DSI and UGOS.
    Basically: HFA, Kormrok Socrethar, Iskar and Xhul'horac if you gonna stay full boss (even with affliction been better to this).

Even so I'd argue only on Assault UGOS would be hands down better @ progression for other bosses Mythic GSR would be better with a bit of luck and good use of procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people talk shop about trinkets it's easy to get the impression that there's a massive difference in value between them. We tend to throw around words like "amazing, garbage, worthless," and so on. Ultimately, on an average kill (say, 4-minutes or more), the margin between the trinkets is marginal (like a percent or two across the board). On shorter kills, or extremely lucky ones, the trinkets with high value procs (like GSR) tend to pull ahead due to inflated uptimes or larger legendary rings on the opener. I help a lot of guilds with their Mythic progress for fun, and with all the wipes I like to screw around a little. I actually used Copeland's Clarity once on a guilds very first Mythic Archimonde kill (pre-upgrades) and ended up with a rank 11 parse or something. Trinkets definitely have a noticeable effect, but ultimately their contribution is only a small part of the larger whole (for Destruction at least - Aff is a whole different can of worms). As long as you have a DSI for the strong passive Mastery coupled with a high-uptime Intellect buff, you're pretty much set to go.

Does this answer your question?

Deleted
    hi guys i wonder. if i only play destruction do i got with as much mastery/crit items? mostly wondering couse i got a few items with mastery/haste thats crafted that i could prob change. but not sure if haste is much worse then crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    hi guys i wonder. if i only play destruction do i got with as much mastery/crit items? mostly wondering couse i got a few items with mastery/haste thats crafted that i could prob change. but not sure if haste is much worse then crit?
    Sim yourselft and see how your weights going and how much haste it's worse.

Also, going "full" destro it's kinda nuts nowadays since ST of Affliction it's just way better with some gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Sim yourselft and see how your weights going and how much haste it's worse.

Also, going "full" destro it's kinda nuts nowadays since ST of Affliction it's just way better with some gear.
    Going full destruction is not a problem, I am full Destruction and 13/13M just fine. Encounters where affliction is having an upper hand are not terribly difficult and mostly are just epeen race nowadays rather than genuine challenge and Destruction is by no means bad at those, just mediocre.

I don't think there is any encounter where Destruction is bad really, so that's why you can go full Destruction and be fine as long as you know what you are doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    Don't sweat it really, Mastery is prime importance, crit is good, but haste is not terrible either, so having Mastery/Haste item is ok. Yeah, in perfect world we would all rock Mastery/Crit, but it's not going to happen with HFC gear.

Deleted
    cool thanks for the info =)

I have these trinkets so far.
    Orb of Voidsight
    Mythic Desecrated Shadowmoon Insignia
    Heroic Iron Reaver Piston
    Heroic Fragment of The Dark Star
    Mythic Warforged Unblinking Gaze of Seethe
    Mythic Goren Soul Repository

We are progressing in mythic hfc. Zakuun
    I am playing affliction.
    Should I be experimenting with some of my trinkets or go for the standard Mythic DSI and HC FotDS?

Orb of Voidsight

I am playing affliction.
    Should I be experimenting with some of my trinkets or go for the standard Mythic DSI and HC FotDS?
    OOV + Mythic DSI for that guy.

FOTDS only beats OOV for Demon fights in your Mythic Version.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Orb of Voidsight

I am playing affliction.
    Checking thread title: OK. That means i won't post anything out of context.

This is the destro thread, You were already helped, but still, wrong thread.