Page 1 of 2
LastLast

There is only one thing that would redeem the Story of this expansion, for me...

Have Thrall sacrifice himself to save Grom, and then have Grommash Hellscream take his place in the Horde of Azeroth.

Otherwise, this expansion will have been a completely pointless endeavor, as far as Lore is concerned. And like it or not, Lore IS important to Warcraft, because it's what makes the raid content seem so compelling. Despite having brought so many important a characters back to life, this expansion has been shockingly dull, having done nothing of any value whatsoever with them.

Frankly, the game NEEDS something big to happen. I'm actually not "anti-Thrall" like a lot of people are (well, at least not until the showdown with Garrosh in Nagrand). The character is only hindering the development and expansion of the game's fiction, though. People may have hated Garrosh, but with him as Warchief, it allowed other characters a chance to shine.

Furthermore, Grom has done literally nothing that could be construed as "evil". He waged war, but that is simply part of the Orcish culture -- and unlike Garrosh, Grom has consistently shown a deep sense of honor. Be it as Warchief, Chieftain, General, or even pariah, I think Grom could offer far more for the story than Thrall is clearly capable anymore.

Of course, I'm not holding my breath anymore.

This expansion is not a pointless nor will it be if Thrall still survives and Grom dies; it's setting up the full on Burning Legion expansion that Blizzard has been heavily foreshadowing for several years now.

Let's just wait and see what happens at the end before talking about how nothing IMPORTANT happened.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Have Thrall sacrifice himself to save Grom, and then have Grommash Hellscream take his place in the Horde of Azeroth.

Otherwise, this expansion will have been a completely pointless endeavor, as far as Lore is concerned. And like it or not, Lore IS important to Warcraft, because it's what makes the raid content seem so compelling. Despite having brought so many important a characters back to life, this expansion has been shockingly dull, having done nothing of any value whatsoever with them.

Frankly, the game NEEDS something big to happen. I'm actually not "anti-Thrall" like a lot of people are (well, at least not until the showdown with Garrosh in Nagrand). The character is only hindering the development and expansion of the game's fiction, though. People may have hated Garrosh, but with him as Warchief, it allowed other characters a chance to shine.

Furthermore, Grom has done literally nothing that could be construed as "evil". He waged war, but that is simply part of the Orcish culture -- and unlike Garrosh, Grom has consistently shown a deep sense of honor. Be it as Warchief, Chieftain, General, or even pariah, I think Grom could offer far more for the story than Thrall is clearly capable anymore.

Of course, I'm not holding my breath anymore.
    I like this suggestion. I'm really tired of Thrall. I don't care whose Mary Sue he is, enough is enough. Kill off Thrall, Jaina, and that Alliance mascot kid who was everywhere in MOP. Make better characters.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not gonna work at all!

You can not just switch out a completly clueless character out with 1 who is connected to god dam everything! i would agree that something big has to happend, but killing thrall is gonna kill wows story completly since he is pretty much the azerothian Jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    I like this suggestion. I'm really tired of Thrall. I don't care whose Mary Sue he is, enough is enough. Kill off Thrall, Jaina, and that Alliance mascot kid who was everywhere in MOP. Make better characters.
    would you not rather just have them make better stories with the ones they have, instead of taking a leap of faith that they "may" make better characters before long O.o

I'd be a happy chappy if Thrall died. Totally sick of Green Jesus. Only thing that would make me happier is seeing Metzen publicly fired AND Thrall being killed off.

Honestly i've been assuming from the off we would see Grom join the regular horde. People kept asking who would be the new racial leader for the orcs from the start of mists when we knew about garrosh, blizzard stayed silent then introduced this orc who kept his people free from the legions control. The current 'twist' was completely unsurprising, it was just one more step in facilitating what i think blizzards plan has been since they said "how would you feel if we brought some dead characters back" at blizzcon a few years back.
    This is all to give the orcs their new racial leader. Grommash Hellscream.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    I'd be a happy chappy if Thrall died. Totally sick of Green Jesus. Only thing that would make me happier is seeing Metzen publicly fired AND Thrall being killed off.
    *Looks at avatar*

Obvious Dark Legacy fanboy is a cynic.

Deleted
    Kill Thrall????

Can we maybe stop killing Horde character and shift toward Alliance for once?
    And no not kill an Alliance where there is one in our and draenor timeline.

Furthermore, Grom has done literally nothing that could be construed as "evil".
    He's not into complete and utter destruction evil, no. But still conquest evil. Same as Garrosh, who was deemed evil in a way.

Just kill Grom with honor. Not like just another raid boss, no. As if it's the final boss of the game. The cinematic has to be better then Garrosh ending.
    He deserves that much.
    Prefered ofcourse, after some major lore people die... Probably Khadgar. Thrall won't die. Although, if he is in the raid vs Grom, then he might get his ass kicked by a angry father.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly i've been assuming from the off we would see Grom join the regular horde. People kept asking who would be the new racial leader for the orcs from the start of mists when we knew about garrosh, blizzard stayed silent then introduced this orc who kept his people free from the legions control. The current 'twist' was completely unsurprising, it was just one more step in facilitating what i think blizzards plan has been since they said "how would you feel if we brought some dead characters back" at blizzcon a few years back.
    This is all to give the orcs their new racial leader. Grommash Hellscream.
    If that was going to happend, would that not feel really wierd? Like Grom have had no positiv interaction with our horde, and it seems like he would rather go down with the ship then let his warriors death be for nothing. Letting Grom be orc leader in the state that he is now, would make no sense

Deleted
    Why would the Horde accept Grom as the leader? He wanted to kill us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    If that was going to happend, would that not feel really wierd? Like Grom have had no positiv interaction with our horde, and it seems like he would rather go down with the ship then let his warriors death be for nothing. Letting Grom be orc leader in the state that he is now, would make no sense
    They just set an entire expansion on a alternate outland in a parallel timeline 30 years in the past. Because reasons. I dont expect any reasoning beyond metzen going "oh dude, wouldnt it be ,like, cool if-" behind it happening.

-or its just a random asspull on my part. But at this point its far more likely to be what they were talking about than illidan by the looks of it.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2015-03-07 at 01:39 AM. Reason: adawd

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizz actually had the stones to kill Thrall, I would actually consider resubbing just to see it happen. I would literally pay $15 for a month of sub just to see Thrall perish with my own avatar. I'll have my /spit /use Fireworks /cheer /dance macro ready for the event.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Are you saying that Grommash would take Thrall's place in the Horde of Azeroth? That would mean that Grom would be a semi-neutral advisor, right? I feel like that would be a kick in the dick in terms of what Grom is/was. As I read further into your post, I don't think any of those titles really do Grom any justice. He has his legacy in our timeline, just like he will have his legacy in his. None of it seems right.
    I get the impression the OP didn't notice that Thrall isn't the leader of the horde any more.

I liked the idea of Thrall retiring from politics to be an active player in WOD, but he is I think coming to the end of his story. Not that I particulary want to see him die, his story just needs to come to an end. Apart from anything else he's really becoming too old to be the main hero in the lore.

Thats far worst(cheesy) than the actual story lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall dies but he reincarnates next exansion. Jk. Thrall should not die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    *Looks at avatar*

Obvious Dark Legacy fanboy is a cynic.
    What.. does that have to do with anything?

Deleted
    You started by claiming you care about lore and then you dont even know that Thrall gave up his place in the Horde to follow his shaman ways?

Otherwise, this expansion will have been a completely pointless endeavor, as far as Lore is concerned.
    And this wasnt clear for you the moment ActiBlizz pulled the TIME TRAVEL-CARD????

Like son like father, eh?
    Thral has a son so there is still way more lore coming then grom can ever do....

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    Why would the Horde accept Grom as the leader? He wanted to kill us all.
    I could see him as the orc leader because of two words: "blood" and "elves"

10+ Year Old Account
    How would ANY of that scenario make sense at all?! Have you forgotten that the entire reason we are on AU Draenor is because Grom sent his army of Iron Horde through the new portal to wage war and conquer our Azeroth? The premise is completely misguided and frankly stupid. Sure, maybe Gul'Dan is the bigger threat... But just because Hitler was the larger threat, does not mean that we decided to make Joseph Stalin a General of our armies. Like it or not, "honourable" Grom is dead and gone. There is no chance of him joining our cause. Certainly not within the space of 1-2 content patches.