7+ Year Old Account

How hard are CM's?

Hey there. So I wanted to know how hard gold CM's actually are. I really want the gun for transmog so I was wondering. Thanks.
    http://re-lapse.enjin.com/
    Fri Sat 9PM-1AM EST
    13/13M
    US #1 Weekend Guild
    If you have what it takes, apply.

Difficulty is subjective.

Most people here will say they are faceroll. On the other hand I've just read a thread where people say PG silver is too hard.

Judging from your sig I'd say they are do-able with some homework and patience. I currently have 6 of the WoD golds and I'm pretty average.

could do 1 per night basically, in a few hrs, some are easier than others

10+ Year Old Account
    The hardest part is getting 4 other clones of yourself.

Shut up, monks.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Not hard at all to be honest. Hard part is getting 4 other people to show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Not hard at all to be honest. Hard part is getting 4 other people to show up.
    In addition to that, getting the other 4 people to persevere.

10+ Year Old Account
    they are harder than last expansion's imo

welllllll i say that

but enough of the people in my guild who are interested in them are not very good at them. So really, depends on the players.

They aren't hard. If you're a mythic raider (or mythic capable raider) you can do CMs without too much trouble. Learning them with a new group that has no experience in them should only take 1-2 hours per instance.

If you did the MoP CMs at launch (not after the addition of better itemized items, more sockets, etc.) then they are pretty comparable.

95% of the CM is on the healer and tanks back (after you manage to find 4 other consistent people). As long as you're capable of not derping and standing still while doing 50-70% of your max dps you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Same exact difficulty as CMs were early in MoP. To echo what everyone else has said. The hardest part is finding 4 other good players who will show up consistently.

I don't know what exactly makes a player "good" at CMs. Maybe knowing their timings and planning their CDs, but I can tell you that it differs a whole lot from raiding. I've seen some very accomplished raiders who have many mythic kills, who are absolute garbage in CMs.
    Last edited by HitpointSC; 2015-03-07 at 10:25 PM.

People will disagree with me but I think comp has a lot to do with how "hard" you want it to be, now if you ask me , blood dk,rogue,druid,x,x. Now don't get me wrong other classes do well but I think those 3 classes Have the best tools for CM

Deleted
    so i have been doing some on my hunter with random groups and they do not really seem overly hard (with exceptions): the easier ones you can pretty much do gold by calling out the next actions on the fly (e.g. auchindoun). The harder ones, e.g. Everbloom, on the other hand, will require you to really practice the big pulls until you get them right and rush the instance as fast as possible to beat the timer.

My gold group was:

Warlock, Ele, Ret
    Monk Brm
    Monk MW

Wasn't that hard. A few of the pulls were kinda sketch (Auchidoun before second boss, Iron Docks first pull). It's mostly all about CD's management, stuns, interrupts, and priority target kills.

That said, it would have been much easier with any other healer and a DK tank.