Cool surivle starting rotatioin

im having trouble with my starting rotation
    stampede
    black arrow
    explosive shot
    arcnae shot
    barrage

on single target some times i get 40-50 ish off the start other times i get fucking 27k say
    item lvl is 675 yea im sucking it up and cant seem to find what i need to make my ass better thx

p.s in all honesty what numbers should a 675 surival hunter be pulling in terms of damage
    single target say blackhand heroic with no teir gear yet

thx for the help

The one I use when I'm survival is

Explosive Shot
    Stampede
    Arcane Shot for serpent sting
    black arrow to reset explosive shot
    use lock and loads and then proceed with regular rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arkmania View Post
    im having trouble with my starting rotation
    stampede
    black arrow
    explosive shot
    arcnae shot
    barrage

on single target some times i get 40-50 ish off the start other times i get fucking 27k say
    item lvl is 675 yea im sucking it up and cant seem to find what i need to make my ass better thx

p.s in all honesty what numbers should a 675 surival hunter be pulling in terms of damage
    single target say blackhand heroic with no teir gear yet

thx for the help
    This is my Gruul from this reset, should be a reasonable indication

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=9&view=events

Pre-pot + On-use/racials
    ES
    Stampede
    AS
    BA
    LnL

Proceed

For 675 I'd say 33k or so is reasonable for having no tier on a fight like Gruul. A lot depends on how much MS you have. Your opener can be a lot more beastly if you get lucky with ToTH and LnL procs, especially with Scales and Beating Heart trinkets, so your opening dps will vary from attempt to attempt.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2015-03-07 at 07:39 PM.

Your opener is pretty RNG as survival as it fluctuates a lot based on multistrike procs and crits.

That said. Your opener depends a bit on how much tier you have.

With 4p tier its important to open with explosive shot to get the multistrike bonus rolling.
    With 2p it's important to do black arrow last, as it gives you LnL. You don't want LnL to pop as you're still getting your buffs up as that delays things.

After that you want stampede to have as high as possible of an uptime during your trinkets.

So with the 4 piece tier, your opener is as Ragetg said it would be.

Explosive Shot (procs 4 piece)
    Stampede
    Arcane Shot (this first so you don't have to delay your LnL)
    Black Arrow (procs LnL so you can start spamming explosive shot again)
    LnL spam

If you only have 2 piece tier, you don't need to open with explosive shot. You could do that further down the list.
    I personally still prefer to open with a direct attack to proc my trinkets and get my pet to go in, but maybe opening with stampede is best in this case. Either way something like:

Arcane Shot
    Stampede
    Explosive Shot
    Black Arrow
    LnL spam

Technically you probably don't lose anything there. BA resets your Explosive Shot anyway, so getting an ES in earlier doesn't really matter; in fact this just gets serpent string rolling faster, so it might even do slightly more dps.

If you don't have the 2 piece tier either. You can move up Black Arrow as it's more important than getting serpent sting up ASAP. (Serpent Sting is very strong, but the 2-3 seconds of opener have minimal effect on your dps. On the other hand you can get a LnL proc much faster if you put up BA earlier).
    On top of that you want to have Explosive Shot at the top of your priority as it has a short cooldown and you won't reset it with BA this time (due to lack of set bonus), that way its up as you finish your opener:

Explosive Shot
    Stampede
    Black Arrow
    Arcane Shot
    continue.

The above would be my advise. But following the one from the guide (it assumes you have 4 piece tier) seems to be a solid way to go. Your opener as SV isn't as important as that of MM or BM in general for your dps.
    The RNG you see is like 99% from whether you get multistrikes etc. Because those really hit hard as SV.

Could be wrong on a few of these. This is not simmed, just trying to think what would make the most sense.
    Also if I play SV, I nearly always throw a trap towards the boss right before I prepot.

TL;DR: Depends on which Tier set bonuses you have. But going with the one from Azor's guide is pretty safe.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do Explosive > Black Arrow > Stampede > Barrage (or Explosive if I can't afford Barrage that second then Barrage) > Arcane Shot/Focusing Shot.

But as above poster points out, maybe its better to delay Black Arrow for later while getting all other things up first.