Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Taking bets on BL having to do this to get a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    feint tanking aoe mechanics has been around for awhile you know...
    Looks like they are only getting the talented reduction, still rather heal through that and get that easy positioning though.

I would have to say this is not an exploit, more of interesting use of game mechanics.

Deleted
    This seems to be working perfectly as intended! Why wouldnt skipping the p2 mechanics be a part of blizzards plan!?!

What is it with people jumping on "it's a bug" wagon? They found a strategy that worked for them, end of story. Saying this is a bug is very much like saying facetanking dogs on flamebender is a bug. Complete nonsense.

Deleted
    0/10 Flame-attempt OP, try harder next time.

Just another example of clever usage of game mechanics here, nothing else to see.

OP doesn't know what 'exploit' means.

10+ Year Old Account
    you even said yourself in your post "looks like rogues are tanking them". How do you see this as breaking the rules? since when is finding a different strategy an exploit?

Deleted
    Yeah nothing wrong with using game mechanics to your advantage.

However, this kind of explains why Stars is #5 when they actually were very far behind in the Asian first. And Exorsus is #6 even though they actually lost the Russian first Furnace kill. Probably also explains why Style was #4 even though they were not doing THAT well in the race previously.
    Guilds who opted to use this got an advantage. Nothing wrong, but good to know.
    Last edited by mmoc7ad773ef26; 2015-03-07 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    OP doesn't know what 'exploit' means.
    He does, you don't.

could someone explain exactly what they are doing here? the demos are fixated on players who are standing in the corner but the demo isnt using its melee abilitly, why?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why, but I laughed so hard when I heard Blackhand yell in Chinese.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    He does, you don't.
    I dont think you're the person to decide that if you believe what they did was an "exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    but the demo isnt using its melee abilitly, why?
    It is, that's the point. knockback does nothing if you stand near the wall, so that leaves only damaging part of the ability, which is healable
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDiagonal View Post
    You will notice the Seigetanks sitting near a wall, not moving or chasing after anyone. Looks like rogues are tanking them against a wall and ignoring the mechanic entirely. Nobody else had to do this to kill the boss.

This is a clear violation of the EULA and goes against the spirit of the world race. This gives an unintended advantage for the fight, which you will notice has reduced their kill time from Method's ~10 minute kill to 8:42.
    Blood Legion would have to do it to kill the boss, to be far.
    Account sharing is against the 'EULA' and the spirit of the world race too but everyone's fine with that so why you people are getting all wound up over this I don't know!

Deleted
    It's not an exploit, siege tank still does it's mechanics, it's just tanked into a wall.

He does, you don't.
    Looks like you haven't read the thread. This isn't an exploit.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

He does, you don't.
    No.
    He does, you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    Don't think this is an exploit. We also attempted this but decided to go with a different approach, this is perfectly doable to facetank. I even mentioned it as a 'joke' on finalboss but that's because I'd love to see someone pull it off. And they did it!
    I know this is off topic for the thread (I'm not a mythic boss raider, so I can't say anything about the original topic)..

Just wanted to say Super Congratulations to your team. BigUP, and Respect on the World First kill! Keep it up!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's an exploit if and only if Blizzard bans people for using it or removes it with a hotfix or mini-patch. Otherwise, it's clever use of game mechanics.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines