Thread: New to Rogue

New to Rogue

I'm currently leveling my rogue as an alt, and just had a general question.

For low ilvl, 620-660 range, which specs perform the best? At higher ilvl, it looks like Combat is the best AoE and Sub for ST. Just curious how gear dependant each of the specs are, and if there is a specific stat mark you need to reach to make a certain spec viable.
    Last edited by deathdawg; 2015-03-07 at 09:22 PM.

Haha whoops, and here it comes.

Might want to master concealer first before you jump in deep with rouge.

You're right, the blush is key. I should've known that.

Edit your title fast, or this will end badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    does it make you look prettier?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say use some subtlety with that rouge, you don't want to just plaster it on there, you want it just right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Title fixed.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Many of the top guilds actually ran assassination due to survivability. The differences, while existent, are sometimes not as important as what is needed for the raid as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

OP, you are on the right track. Play both Subt and Combat, itemize for multistrike, dagger mainhand for combat cleave. Would not waste time with Sin at this point as it sounds like you are a serious player.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

I read something on this briefly the other day. It's slow/slow for Combat ST target and fast/fast for cleave and aoe right? And how gear dependent is Sub? Would it be easier to roll combat for ST until I get gear, or better to just switch between the 2 at the start?

Deleted
    You will want to weapon switch if you're seriously hardcore. I myself do not do it, and I know plenty of Rogues on the 8/9 out of 10 Mythic mark that don't bother with dagger MH shit. It's too tryhard.

But no it's fast/slow for 3+ cleave. It's SLOW/SLOW ST, and SLOW/SLOW when KS'ing during Blade Flurry.

And imo, Combat is more gear dependent than Sub. Without gear, Combat makes me cry with the lack of haste. Definitely a no no for ST at low levels, Subt wins.

Thanks a lot for the input. Do you spec switch between Sub and Combat for the fight, or do you strictly main one or the other? And how is Sub AoE at lower ilvl?

Deleted
    You play sub as default. You switch to Combat if your guild needs cleave or there are 3 bosses (ex Maidens). If there are 2 bosses (ex Hanz Franz) it is more boss-dependent if sub or com will do better dps

Quote Originally Posted by Adasiek View Post
    You play sub as default. You switch to Combat if your guild needs cleave or there are 3 bosses (ex Maidens). If there are 2 bosses (ex Hanz Franz) it is more boss-dependent if sub or com will do better dps
    This is a good way to look at it. Emphasis on "if your guild needs cleave;" if near-everyone is specced for AoE, you are going to have trouble on fights like Furnace and Thogar where there are VIP targets that need to die quickly. Subt is one of the best ST specs in the game, leverage that, display / link Damage Taken > Primal Elementalist / Man at Arms meters to keep yourself motivated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    You will want to weapon switch if you're seriously hardcore. I myself do not do it, and I know plenty of Rogues on the 8/9 out of 10 Mythic mark that don't bother with dagger MH shit. It's too tryhard.

But no it's fast/slow for 3+ cleave. It's SLOW/SLOW ST, and SLOW/SLOW when KS'ing during Blade Flurry.
    I would not bother with slow / slow during KS with BF up as it requires two additional macros, focus instead on MfD optimization.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!