Help with building a pc

I am a complete novice really when it comes to computers but I am interested in building a nice pc instead of picking up a ps4/xbox1 this generation. I was hoping some one could recommend me a build for around 1000(can go a little above) that will last me for awhile.

Budget-Around 1000 give or take 150 or so
    Resolution-What ever is recommended I have no preference
    Games / Settings Desired-I would like to be able to play most if not all of the games that will be coming out over the next few years. They don't have to all be max settings but I would like it enjoyable.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)-Not really might want to stream some again but not sure
    Country-USA
    Parts that can be reused-Nothing
    Do you need an OS?-yes but I am not factoring it into the price
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?-Going to reuse what I have for now but any suggestions are recommended.
    Last edited by samsquaunch; 2015-03-09 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    Fill up the forums sticky:

Include the following information when posting a request.

• Budget
    • Resolution
    • Games / Settings Desired
    • Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    • Country
    • Parts that can be reused
    • Do you need an OS?
    • Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

Ideally include a list of parts, we see the same request almost every day. There are other topics that have parts lists that you can copy and modify.

Sorry, I edited the first post with the information.

Deleted
    The following is probably the best for the money. You could pick an i5 4690k instead if you wanna save 100 bucks. The difference it will be easier on streaming/recording and other multitasking while gaming. Also you don't need to overclock the i7. Another option could be to get the i5 with 16gb of ram, tho it not needed for gaming unless you wanna have 100 chrome tabs open while at it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($324.98 @ OutletPC)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 87.0 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($114.75 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($58.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($104.99 @ Adorama)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card ($329.00 @ NCIX US)
    Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($58.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1154.55
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-09 19:49 EDT-0400

Thank you, like I said in the first post I know almost nothing about pc gaming and this really helped.