Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

WBC tries and fails to picket Nimoy's funeral

Apparently because they couldn't find it. They announced their intent to protest his funeral (seemingly without reason) but because the location of his funeral was not widely known, they just simply couldn't find it.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...uldnt-figure-o

Anyone feel like the WBC has lost all sense of meaning, and just pickets celebrity funerals now because that's what their identity has become?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    They just want attention as they obviously had no reason to protest at his funeral.

Deleted
    they are doing their best to stay relevant, w/o noticing they have never been relevant in the first place.

The worst thing about them is that we can't make fun of them because they outdo us in that department :/

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope they live short and suffer
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised they're still around.. They had their short period of attention, but now no one cares and they haven't accomplished anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is their goal to picketing funerals?

Ya, who ever is still leading this idea must have serious mental issues.
    The point has been made, albeit a wholly irrelevant one.

Time to grow up and move on.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek is clearly the Devil's own work.

Star Wars on the other hand...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I'm surprised they're still around.. They had their short period of attention, but now no one cares and they haven't accomplished anything.
    I guess being a bunch of utter cunts is its own reward to them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Apparently because they couldn't find it. They announced their intent to protest his funeral (seemingly without reason) but because the location of his funeral was not widely known, they just simply couldn't find it.

Anyone feel like the WBC has lost all sense of meaning, and just pickets celebrity funerals now because that's what their identity has become?
    What meaning did they have in the first place? Hate filled attention whoring isn't a meaning...it's a method of inevitable self destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    From what I understand, they're hoping they can provoke people into attacking them (somewhat likely at a funeral if you act like an asshole when emotions are running high) or otherwise doing something to warrant a lawsuit, so they can get money out of it. Also attention whoring.

I think its funny how people spotlight Westboro Baptist Church FOR DECADES as if it somehow reflects the thoughts of all religion.

I wonder how people would feel if we kept spotlighting every Jeremiah Wright said and asserted that his thoughts reflect the mainstream democrat party today? I'm guessing they wouldn't like it very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Funerals are not biblical!"

-Westboro Baptist Church Senior Pastor

15+ Year Old Account
    They used to selectively target homosexual celebs, or those that they felt had offended their strictly literal translation of doctrine in some way.

Now it just seems like they do it because that's what they're known for and they're used to the attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I think its funny how people spotlight Westboro Baptist Church FOR DECADES as if it somehow reflects the thoughts of all religion.

I wonder how people would feel if we kept spotlighting every Jeremiah Wright said and asserted that his thoughts reflect the mainstream democrat party today? I'm guessing they wouldn't like it very much.
    Nobody said that, and considering you generalize Democrats all the time...
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

They are indoctrinated miscreants, they do not have the mental capacity to actually understand that people no longer give a shit about them.

10+ Year Old Account

Noone is doing that. WBC is the laughing stock of Christians. You're the one making the comparisons and generalizations in order to attack entire groups of people.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    About half of their members wised up and abandoned them over the last few years. They won't be around for much longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised they still exist after the old ass died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account

What the fuck are you on about?

Just more mad, bitter ramblings. It's like when Clint Eastwood talked to that chair.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

Maybe because he used to work with George Takei, who's gay, so, you know, six degrees of separ-gay-tion?

- - - Updated - - -

No one is comparing WBC to all Christians. It's very well understood they're extremists.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!