Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Blackrock Mountain Heroic - Hope it's better than Naxx.

Oi!
    So we have a new adventure coming in, and while i'm looking forward to heroic mode I certainly hope they'll be more imaginative than they were in Naxxramas.
    Now don't get me wrong, some fights were great, like Noth, Heigan, Grobbelus, Gothik etc.
    But the bosses that killed you by turn 3/4 (Instructor, Thaddius, Patchwerk, so on so forth.) if you didn't get the perfect draw in your gimmick deck just sucks.

Anyone else with me on this one, or are you fine with this, supposed, difficulty?

There were 2 things that were bothering me about naxx hc:

1. Found it hard to beat a hc boss? Well, pick freeze mage and clear the whole content on hc (more or less)

2. No reward...the challenge itself was not enough motivating, because it was just more about "give up", "restart" and "hope for better RNG". Some reward that has somehow to do with the lore/theme of an expansion.

Deleted
    I actually really liked Naxx heroic, most fights were gimicky/hard enough that you couldn't use standard decks and had to use silly gimmicks to win.
    I didn't mind having to concede after 3-4 turns if I didn't get the right draws since if that wouldn't be the case the challenge would have been way to easy.
    Also there was a reward for heroic: a pretty cool cardback

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    I actually really liked Naxx heroic, most fights were gimicky/hard enough that you couldn't use standard decks and had to use silly gimmicks to win.
    I didn't mind having to concede after 3-4 turns if I didn't get the right draws since if that wouldn't be the case the challenge would have been way to easy.
    It's cool that you enjoyed them but maybe "challenges" based around conceding until you draw a god hand in a terrible gimmick deck aren't actually good design.

15+ Year Old Account
    No Alexstrasza = no fun in heroic.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post

I...I am so stupid. Why didn't I think of this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Weren't later heroic bosses immune to Alex? I know Loatheb was. When you played it the battle cry didn't activate and Alex just died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    It's cool that you enjoyed them but maybe "challenges" based around conceding until you draw a god hand in a terrible gimmick deck aren't actually good design.
    When the game is so rng based, i dont know how you would make something challenging without it just being about having the right draw. Some of the fights where a little too frontloaded with the rng, as in you would just die on turn 4 if you didnt have the right cards, but as i remember it was far from all of them.

I had a lot of fun doing the naxx HC, and if blackrock is just as good i will be very happy.

Edit; Just wanted to know that i did it with a medium sized collection, only have 1 legendary and it wasnt good, but i had enough dust to make basicly any non-legendary card i could need for a specific tactic.
    Last edited by mmoc79d521e3a8; 2015-03-09 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by domie1595 View Post
    When the game is so rng based, i dont know how you would make something challenging without it just being about having the right draw.
    I'm not certain either, but I know the answer isn't how Heroic Naxx did it.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Challenge is not quitting until you can win. Thats poor design.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the Naxx heroics. I think they could be more difficult actually, but in an rng card came like hearthstone, its not as easy as tuning numbers like you can in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Challenge is not quitting until you can win. Thats poor design.
    Explain to me how else it could be done in a card game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Weren't later heroic bosses immune to Alex? I know Loatheb was. When you played it the battle cry didn't activate and Alex just died.
    Most of them weren't. Sapphiron and Loatheb were, possibly KT aswell but I haven't checked. It works fine on the rest of them.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Naxx was fantastic, exactly what I want from HS PVE.

I just hope Coren's lines vs the hero emotes are as good as K-T's

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    But the bosses that killed you by turn 3/4 (Instructor, Thaddius, Patchwerk, so on so forth.) if you didn't get the perfect draw in your gimmick deck just sucks.
    Well beating them using a deck that relies on a specific draw order is kind of like save scumming... you can do it but that's not really their intent... they also have no way of stopping you from doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I...I am so stupid. Why didn't I think of this...
    Shrug, it worked on some of them, not so much others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    Oi!
    So we have a new adventure coming in, and while i'm looking forward to heroic mode I certainly hope they'll be more imaginative than they were in Naxxramas.
    Now don't get me wrong, some fights were great, like Noth, Heigan, Grobbelus, Gothik etc.

Anyone else with me on this one, or are you fine with this, supposed, difficulty?
    I thought Naxx was fun, K'T and all his funny comments. I thought the difficulty was not hard enough to be honest. I one shot everything except for Sapphiron. That bitch took me a few weeks before RNG got on my side. If BRM normal is as challenging as Naxx heroic that would be fine. I would like for there to be more class challenges though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Should have taken a cue from fighting games - best out of three. You can get a really luck hard read that puts you ahead but you'll still need skill to win another round. I guess you could forfeit the series until you got a hand strong enough to win the first match of the first series, but that'd definitely be a better balancing point than best out of one and having no punishment for concession.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I thought the difficulty was not hard enough to be honest.
    Seek professional help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I really hope they give reason to go back to BRM as well. It's really kind of a shame that they made all those Naxx bosses only to have them subsequently forgotten as time went on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Should have taken a cue from fighting games - best out of three. You can get a really luck hard read that puts you ahead but you'll still need skill to win another round. I guess you could forfeit the series until you got a hand strong enough to win the first match of the first series, but that'd definitely be a better balancing point than best out of one and having no punishment for concession.
    Wouldn't that only make things worse since you'd need 2 god hands to win two games?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Wouldn't that only make things worse since you'd need 2 god hands to win two games?
    Fights could be balanced to be more realistic, rather than requiring you to have a god hand.

because i'm a stubborn git, i did all the naxx heroic modes as a paladin - it meant on some bosses i really did have to get lucky with the draw, but i still immensely enjoyed it.

really looking forward to blackrock mountain, will not be playing stubborn pally this time, will change it up as the bosses require. but yea, freeze mage in naxx massacred practically everything.
    <insert witty signature here>