Deleted

How hard is to level without gathering?

I was wanted to know how to level other professions without gathering profession.

E.g Engineering and leatherworking for my Rogue. i want to get as much advantage as possible in pvp but if i use gathering to level one of the professions
    i still end up having to level the other without.

Not everything i need will be sold in AH and the prices can be high especially on low-medium realms
    Having an alt for gathering could be an option but all my chars are on different realms

So how do you guys mange it, maybe there is another way to do it?

Leveling professions without spending mats on WoD catchup crafts takes more time then you would think to personally gather all the mats yourself. It's easier just to buy them from the AH.

Roll an alt with gathering professions. I tried to level engineering just through the AH last year, got to around 200ish before mats ran out and I had to go and get them myself.

Try asking /2 some people sell complete mats for it but expect to pay a lot for it, farming wrath mats can be a pain so prices are usually high.

Not leveled leather working in a long time so can't really help with that.

Other options is to level to 60 then boost a char with full professions.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mining is pretty much irrelevant with Garrison mine.
    Herbs somewhat, depends on what you need. Once you get lvl 3 herb garden, you can pick what the next day's harvest will be.
    Skinning is probably the one to choose to have as a prof if any, leather prices can be high at times.

Going out and skinning yourself is woefully inefficient. Just get a level 3 barn with a level 100 follower assigned to it and join a bull trapping group with the group finder. You get a week's worth of cages in a few minutes. The easiest follower to get is Goldmane. You get him by freeing him out of his cage in the Iron Horde naval base in southwest Nagrand. The cage is located on top of the southeast tower in the base. The key is dropped by a named guard in front of his cage.
    You'll end up with 132 leather per 24 hours (924 per week) and several savage bloods. The whole process of flying to Nagrand and farming the cages can be done in 15 minutes. You'd have to skin and kill a beast every second to compete with it. Best thing is that you can do it on an alt with hardly any difference in the amount of time it takes.

Deleted
    Ok as far as i understand everything from gathering professions can be made using Garrisons.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huntermanx View Post
    Ok as far as i understand everything from gathering professions can be made using Garrisons.
    Yup... thats pretty much it. Just have to get your garrison leveled up to get full benefit, and you don't get access to everything at 90, some of them are level dependent, or questline dependent.

10+ Year Old Account
    You go to wow-professions.com and buy all the shit they list for your prof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering is very easy to level currently. You can craft Shieldtronic Shields or Mecha-Blast Rockets all the way from 1-600 (probably even beyond that, can't recall) and you only need to buy True Iron Ore and/or Blackrock Ore. They're very cheap on the AH, not to mention that you get loads of them from your Garrison mine.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Engineering is very easy to level currently. You can craft Shieldtronic Shields or Mecha-Blast Rockets all the way from 1-600 (probably even beyond that, can't recall) and you only need to buy True Iron Ore and/or Blackrock Ore. They're very cheap on the AH, not to mention that you get loads of them from your Garrison mine.
    Well they're not cheap anymore, with the traders. Every single mat costs a lot now, especially in ore days in this case.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Mining is pretty much irrelevant with Garrison mine.
    Herbs somewhat, depends on what you need. Once you get lvl 3 herb garden, you can pick what the next day's harvest will be.
    Skinning is probably the one to choose to have as a prof if any, leather prices can be high at times.
    You can do this with a level 2 herb garden if you have a follower assigned. It doesn't have to be level 3. Level 3 just gives you more work orders and the fruit tree.