Poll: Was content cut in 6.1 for the token-system?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems very unlikely since the content people aren't really the same as the systems people. As to what people will believe, there's still a lot of people that believe the Earth is flat and that humanity has never landed on the moon. People believe strange things.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking back at it now I'd have been better to invest in Activision stock than WoW game time.
    ...well, again money can't replace all the good times.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Yes i know: different teams blabla, but still it would at least explain this joke of an Patch.

Personally i am not against the new token-system itself, but cutting content to work on this system... *sigh*
    That's your answer, though

6.1 was tiny because they wanted it to be tiny, for whatever reason. Either that or there are behind the scenes issues we aren't aware of that are limiting how much they can produce.

Personally, I think they're just behind schedule. We had over a year of no content at the end of Mists because they weren't capable of getting Warlords out the door, and even when they did it still wasn't finished. It's possible that the stuff they'd normally have already been working on as patch content prior to release couldn't be started early this time round because they were so far behind on the launch itself. There wasn't time to get ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    So what do you think: Did they cut content in 6.1 because they worked instead on this token system.
    TL;DR: No.

If you define "content" as new quests, models, zones, dungeons, then they have different teams working on that stuff. Those teams had their own timelines, scope of work, and simply finished their work sooner.

And yes, they could be moving their asses a bit quicker, arguably, given the recently rumored quadrupled effort in the Arts and Crafts department, which is always a bottleneck for a production like this game has.

Different question would be - did they really need so many "systems and gimmicks" teams (working on advanced screenshots - aka SELFIEs - antialiasing, accessibility, tokens, and more colorful horsies you can buy for $ in the in-game store) as opposed to FURTHER beefing up their "proper content" teams, so that they pump out those quests and zones and playable Ogres sooner?

I'd say no.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

Deleted
    When have people become braindead enough to think that Blizzard is suddenly an individual that stares at two bits of paper with one saying "game tokens" and one saying "everyone else".

Your lack of understanding something more complex than you think doesn't equate to that thing being explained by your bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Do people actually think this way? "They add this one thing, so they wouldn't have to add that other thing"?

People really have no clue how games are made these days.
    If people make topics like this every time a store mount is put out, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't honestly think it took much resources. A big thought process economically? Sure but not a lot. I also think it would of never crossed their mind if the WoW token never existed. I still want to know their thought process on 6.1 content though.

See I can defend Blizzard against crazy thoughts and be somewhat critical of them. CRAZY I KNOW? THE INFAMOUS BLIZZDRONE OF MMO CHAMPION CRITICAL OF BLIZZ?

CRAP THE LEGION IS COMING!!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing on the PTR that didn't see daylight was the quests at the Iron Docks.

They claim it was cut for 6.2 but knowing now what happens at the end of the Legendary Chain, I highly doubt we're going to the Iron Docks in 6.2 to fight the Iron Horde anymore.

Seems more like it was cut because the Devs realized it didn't really fit what was going on.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    How much tinfoil does it take to amass this level of conspiracy? lol.
    Prolly an amount equivalent to the size of Mt. Everest.