The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yay, I wish I cold see. I keep saying he deserves a decent chance.

Cowboys 3 and 4 quarterbacks looking like shit lately.
    http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201508...7865&tab=track

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Man, lots of shitty play from Wilson. Fuck this year if he gonna slump.
    At this rate the Eagles might win the Super Bowl because they're the only team that isn't either ravaged by injury, or for some reason playing like a top-10 picking team.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    At this rate the Eagles might win the Super Bowl because they're the only team that isn't either ravaged by injury, or for some reason playing like a top-10 picking team.
    Yes. They are playing rather well I would say. Bradford looked super sharp tonight. He was 10 for 10 hitting Matthews and Sproles and Celek on some great passes. Can anyone actually cover Sproles? The dude seems to get open every play. Murray had a few hard runs and looked good. There isn't any more dancing RBs in the backfield. Matthews had a few good runs and Barner is definately making his case to be on this team. He didn't have a return tonight and actually got destroyed on a bad choice to field a ball and not wave it off, but he had a beautiful screen to make up for that.

And while Rodgers didn't play, our defense did rather good as well. I think our corners are upgraded, but with how much they are on the field, they will get exposed on some plays. But overall, this defense is gonna be tough to run on and should carry over their sack rating from last year. It should be an exciting year to be an Eagles fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching the 9ers makes me feel slightly better about the Seahawks offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    He is the epitome of "game manager". In his first year as starter at Alabama, he had I think one interception all year. He's not evasive, he doesn't have a big arm, but he doesn't lose games. He's smart and accurate. I think he could be a legitimate starter on the right team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Give the Eagles time, the injuries will come. They're just an inevitable Bradford injury away from Sanchez and Tebow.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...-philip-rivers

Something makes me wonder if they even watched the play. Clark's jersey was grabbed by Rivers while on the ground and he wasn't letting go. The O line reacted to it as Clark being the instigator, when it really was Rivers being the bitch he is.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Seahawks247/status/638018251344097281

Theres the clip.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdiseth View Post
    Yes. They are playing rather well I would say. Bradford looked super sharp tonight. He was 10 for 10 hitting Matthews and Sproles and Celek on some great passes. Can anyone actually cover Sproles? The dude seems to get open every play. Murray had a few hard runs and looked good. There isn't any more dancing RBs in the backfield. Matthews had a few good runs and Barner is definately making his case to be on this team. He didn't have a return tonight and actually got destroyed on a bad choice to field a ball and not wave it off, but he had a beautiful screen to make up for that.

And while Rodgers didn't play, our defense did rather good as well. I think our corners are upgraded, but with how much they are on the field, they will get exposed on some plays. But overall, this defense is gonna be tough to run on and should carry over their sack rating from last year. It should be an exciting year to be an Eagles fan.
    Honestly the only problem I saw was penalties EVERYWHERE.

Also good to hear Cobb's shoulder issue is believed to be just a sprain, I doubt he'd be playing next week anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

He is the epitome of "game manager". In his first year as starter at Alabama, he had I think one interception all year. He's not evasive, he doesn't have a big arm, but he doesn't lose games. He's smart and accurate. I think he could be a legitimate starter on the right team.
    I'm sure the Bears would take a "game manager" over Jay Cutler at this point.

He's probably never winning an MVP (League or Super Bowl), but he's still better than at least 7 QBs currently pegged to start Week 1.

And Geno Smith.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...-philip-rivers

Something makes me wonder if they even watched the play. Clark's jersey was grabbed by Rivers while on the ground and he wasn't letting go. The O line reacted to it as Clark being the instigator, when it really was Rivers being the bitch he is.
    The O-line knows what Rivers is like. Dunlap even says he didn't know what was going on, but you gotta protect your QB even if you know he deserves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The O-line knows what Rivers is like. Dunlap even says he didn't know what was going on, but you gotta protect your QB even if you know he deserves it.
    I suppose, but I was mostly salty about the clickbait article that not only ESPN reported, but PFT as well... which PFT has really gone down the shitter the past 2 seasons IMO. They too are banking on clickbait shit.

Unrelated, but somebody brought up on twitter that having a good O line in the NFL is going to start being impossible. All the other position contracts are inflated and O line is one of the hardest multi player position to draft. So whats the first thing you trim down?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/8/30...-bengals-bears

Here's some more highlights.

Jungle Noise has been debating whether or not McCarron should be the starter right now, and going through the plays he made (granted it's the preseason), i'm at the point to where I think, in the worse case scenario, McCarron would be just about the same and not much of a downgrade to him.

Dalton wouldn't have made that throw to Marvin Jones that was called back...just saying.

The only thing I think Dalton might have over AJ is more game management (from solely NFL experience alone) and Dalton being a bit more mobile and able to scramble.

And it isn't like Dalton would be out of a job. I'm sure he'd be a starter for other teams. He might be better in an offensive scheme that isn't west coast esque.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt they would sit him unless hes shitting the bed into October. You wouldn't be able to trade him and it would be unwise to cut him as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Palmer returns to Oakland. Throws an interception on his first pass, this stadium has some kind of hex on him.

- - - Updated - - -

If you like defences and field goals, you'll love this game.

If you want high scoring, huge passing numbers and long distance rushing attacks, stay away from Ari@Oak.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole NFC west has shit tier offensive lines. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch Mack vs Veldheer though, only one guy has won that battle tonight, and he'll get far easier matchups in regular season. There will be a lot of QBs eating turf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    If you like defences and field goals, you'll love this game.

If you want high scoring, huge passing numbers and long distance rushing attacks, stay away from Ari@Oak.
    In general my love for football causes me to stay away from the preseason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    In general my love for football causes me to stay away from the preseason.
    Same pretty much. I'll watch the first stringers play and a few minutes of the second stringers then go about my business. Unless there's teams with some spectacular battles going on between first and second strings I'll not bother watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get excited when I see former Alabama or Florida players, like AJ McCarron and DeAndrew White, so there's SOME point for me. But not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    First string played all of the first half and into the third quarter. Can't stop raving about Mack though, if his game translates into regular season he will be challenging for DPotY.

Meanwhile after his last two 1st picks have come out so well, Mckensie just needs to admit Hayden is a bust, cut him and pick up a CB elsewhere when the roster cuts come in. I've never seen someone so awful in that position, it's going to be legitimate strategy to throw deep in his direction just to gain yards through PI penalties.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm with Draynay. I've got to the point that even though I thoroughly enjoy football, I don't enjoy the preseason and tend to just watch highlights and read the "Whos up? Whos down?" type of stories afterwards.

Come September 10th though? I'll be watching before the game starts. That hype is real.