10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    What a colossal waste of time that thing was
    It was always an exceptionally stupid thing to do, suspending him.

Good. Now the Bills have the opportunity to beat up Tom at Buffalo, week two!
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    Wishful thinking to be honest. Buffalo is still a sketchy looking team and well, Brady is the best QB in the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    LOL, I needed that laugh Well technically anything can happen but doubtful the Bills will win. They have been getting better but there is still a huge difference between them and the Patriots.

15+ Year Old Account
    I atill think Bradys guilty myself, still gonna draft him if he is the best quarterback available though, I guess that is the only thing that really counts now does it?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Wishful thinking to be honest. Buffalo is still a sketchy looking team and well, Brady is the best QB in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    LOL, I needed that laugh Well technically anything can happen but doubtful the Bills will win. They have been getting better but there is still a huge difference between them and the Patriots.
    Only problem the Bills have is at QB. If Tyrod Taylor has his shit together then the Bills will be formidable at home. They're a REX RYAN coached team now, he'll sell out to beat the Patriots, any way he can.

If you think week 2, AT the Bills will be easy you are sorely mistaken, even with Brady under centre.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2015-09-03 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Only problem the Bills have is at QB. If Tyrod Taylor has his shit together then the Bills will be formidable at home. They're a REX RYAN coached team now, he'll sell out to beat the Patriots, any way he can.

If you think week 2, AT the Bills will be easy you are sorely mistaken, even with Brady under centre.
    In all honesty the Bills need to prove they can beat a fully operational Patriots team. It hasn't worked out too well for them the last 15 years or so.

If Tyrod can actually play low mistake football, the Bills will have a legit offense.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    I just read the judgement. The judge -- who you could tell from the start was leaning in Brady's favor, maybe not "biased" -- threw it out because Brady wasn't informed he might be suspended.

So, he impeded the investigation and shattered his own phone without knowing he might be punished? What would he have done if he thought he might be suspended, murder three people?

The player's league has always stood behind Brady, so I doubt people will be gunning for him extra hard with revenge on their mind. But still, all this did was neuter the NFL's ability to hand out punishments for violations, forcing them to effectively Mirandize and give the laundry-list of punishments possible before an investigation starts. The NFL should be fair, sure, but it's not a Constitutionally-bound branch of government. They have their own rules, signed contracts with the players. This ruling will make it easier for players to get away with cheating, or more to the point, being caught cheating.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2015-09-03 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I just read the judgement. The judge -- who you could tell from the start was leaning in Brady's favor, maybe not "biased" -- threw it out because Brady wasn't informed he might be suspended.

So, he impeded the investigation and shattered his own phone without knowing he might be punished? What would he have done if he thought he might be suspended, murder three people?
    If that's how you read that judgement you might want to go take a reading comprehension class.

Hilarious how you are stuck on that part and not that part where the league withheld witnesses and evidence, something which will get your case thrown out of every court in the world.

But yea, keep thinking the judge, whose court was of the NFLs choosing, was biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Hilarious how you are stuck on that part and not that part where the league withheld witnesses and evidence, something which will get your case thrown out of every court in the world.
    Indeed. Good thing the NFL isn't a court of law, huh? Man, that would have been embarrassing.

Also, where was this outrage when Brady smashed his phone, within hours of it being asked for? Isn't that also withholding evidence and witnesses? I'm pretty sure it's the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Indeed. Good thing the NFL isn't a court of law, huh? Man, that would have been embarrassing.

Also, where was this outrage when Brady smashed his phone, within hours of it being asked for? Isn't that also withholding evidence and witnesses? I'm pretty sure it's the same thing.
    This is getting more and more hilarious with every post. It's clear as day that you didn't read a single thing about the investigation and are most likely a bitter fan of a rival team. Ted Wells came out and said he NEVER once requested Brady's phone, they only asked for his phone records. The smashed phone had no bearing on the case whatsoever until the media latched onto it, made false assumptions and Goodell decided to use it to try to justify a 4 game suspension. Anything else?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you guys don't cut it out I might have to make a football related post.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only issue with this whole thing is all the photos coming out of it are of Brady with the most smug grin imaginable. I'm all for fairness and innocent till proven guilty with actual evidence, but Jesus Christ he has a face even his mother would punch.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    After all the shit he's been railroaded with, I'd be grinning pretty smugly as well. Hell, I'm not Tom Brady and I'm pretty sure I did grin smugly when I heard the verdict on the radio at 10:15 today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, now I have to fight the urge to get a smug Brady grin avatar.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Great, now I have to fight the urge to get a smug Brady grin avatar.
    Do it. Trust your feelings, let the smugness flow through you! Embrace the Dark Side of the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair his face has been in near permanent smug bastard mode since that game we don't talk about.

No I don't care that it was almost 14 years ago. Still pissed.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Roger Goodell should be fired immediately. He gets paid over $40 million a year to provide nothing but embarrassment after embarrassment for the NFL, from the Bountygate decision to the replacement referees to the Ray Rice decision to the Deflategate decision.