10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    Newton is a solid QB (sideline pouting episodes aside lol) but some of the stuff he was saying is a bit of a stretch

“Absolutely not,” he said. “I say this with the most humility, but I don’t think nobody has ever been who I’m trying to be. Nobody has the size, nobody has the speed, nobody has the arm strength, nobody had the intangibles that I’ve had.

“I’m not saying I’m the one-on-one type of person that this league will never see again. No, I’m not saying that, hear me out. I’m just saying that so much of my talents have not been seen in one person.”

He is a solid QB but i think he should pump the brakes on his self-comments LOL
    Cam Newton: "Nobody has my lack of accuracy."

He basically made his GM go get two 7 foot recievers with a 9 mile catch radius, just so they can insure him actually making some throws.

I jest, of course, but he's not proven much apart from being a talented athlete. He's got the tools, but he's not been consistent enough to put him in any kind of conversation about anything.

I think with young(-ish) QB's I always try to look at what they'll be in 3-5 years. With Luck I expect a Superbowl, with RGIII I expect a back up role at best. Cam Newton though? No clue. Would not surprise me to see him win a Superbowl in that time, but also would not surprise me if he never put it fully together and had a uneventful career always being that potentially good guy without delivering.

I would totally pay for a training camp broadcast. Too bad their playbooks need to be kept secret otherwise this would probably be a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    These mobile guys like Newton, and RG3 or Kaep just get sacked too much for my liking. They have talent sure but when they get sacked 7, 8, 9 times it doesn't trend toward consistent good offensive performances, they might rush for 70 yards one week and lose 70 in sacks the next.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's why pocket passers are still best. The people like RG3 and Newton always know they can run but either mentally or whatever they think about it too much and once the first or second read is covered, they panic and a sack happens. Aaron Rogers is the only one really who can call himself a pocket passer with the ability to scramble if needed. Even Wilson hasn't quite got the the AR level.

Brady learned to scramble a little bit more this year, which was nice to see. However, he is overall a pure pocket passer who needs a solid O-line in front of him. FOr example, the first 4 games of last season when the O-line kept changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the bad crap going on and guys getting arrested for beating their wifes/GF and child abuse charges/questions I thought it was pretty cool Wilson was missing OTA today so he could go with Grahm to his mngr/mentor's funeral. Shows alot of support.

For those who don't know it wasn't "just his mngr". His mother abandoned him at age 11 and she took over as a mother figure so it is nice to see him step up and be there for support when basically Grahms mother died. Helps him out in a very hard time and just think that is nice to see when all this other bullshit has been goign on.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the bad crap going on and guys getting arrested for beating their wifes/GF and child abuse charges/questions I thought it was pretty cool Wilson was missing OTA today so he could go with Grahm to his mngr/mentor's funeral. Shows alot of support.

For those who don't know it wasn't "just his mngr". His mother abandoned him at age 11 and she took over as a mother figure so it is nice to see him step up and be there for support when basically Grahms mother died. Helps him out in a very hard time and just think that is nice to see when all this other bullshit has been goign on.
    And hes attending Cliff Avril's fathers funeral.

Also there is a new report saying Wilson is closer to a deal than previously reported. If we can lock him up this year that would be ideal. If not, probably x2 franchise tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    And hes attending Cliff Avril's fathers funeral.

Also there is a new report saying Wilson is closer to a deal than previously reported. If we can lock him up this year that would be ideal. If not, probably x2 franchise tags.
    cant you only tag them once?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    cant you only tag them once?
    No, you can tag them like 3 times but it becomes so absurdly high its not worth. Not sure on the max

10+ Year Old Account
    Word is that Eric Berry has completed his treatment and is waiting on his results. Hope its good news.

The franchise tag is either the average of the top 5 salaries or a 20% increase over the previous season, whichever is greater. This is where Detroit fails at their contracts, they let Suh's and Megatron's cap hits rise to $22 mil in the last year of their contracts so they would've had to add 20% on to that if they wanted to franchise 'em.

So franchise year one for QB would be $18.5 mil this year, the next it would be $22.2 mil, $26.6 mil. It's not practical, maybe you have a later term in a contract where he is getting big cap hits, but at the beginning you would want the space for all the defenders they want to keep on hand. Then the bigger money numbers start to hit when Lynch is gone and they're transitioning to a greater focus on Wilson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Word is that Eric Berry has completed his treatment and is waiting on his results. Hope its good news.
    Hope it's good news too. It's bad enough when injuries prevent a guy from playing in his prime, cancer though, fighting for you life? That's a whole different type of screwed up thing to have to face.

The franchise tag is either the average of the top 5 salaries or a 20% increase over the previous season, whichever is greater. This is where Detroit fails at their contracts, they let Suh's and Megatron's cap hits rise to $22 mil in the last year of their contracts so they would've had to add 20% on to that if they wanted to franchise 'em.

So franchise year one for QB would be $18.5 mil this year, the next it would be $22.2 mil, $26.6 mil. It's not practical, maybe you have a later term in a contract where he is getting big cap hits, but at the beginning you would want the space for all the defenders they want to keep on hand. Then the bigger money numbers start to hit when Lynch is gone and they're transitioning to a greater focus on Wilson.
    To add to this, the reason it's scary for non-QB's is because in the third tag players get QB money, which is why no team ever uses the third tag. Using it on a QB though, they obviously allready get paid the top 5 average of QB's, so it's at least sort of feasible to pay them the 3rd tag.

I still doubt the Seahawks will let it come to that though. They've been good for their other players, I'm sure they'll do what's right for Wilson.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let the door hit'em where the cataclysm split'em. Seattle should not over pay a game manager and it would not shock me if they let him bounce.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Let the door hit'em where the cataclysm split'em. Seattle should not over pay a game manager and it would not shock me if they let him bounce.
    I felt the same way about Wilson until recently; his play last year and in most of the playoffs should have fixed that attitude. He is t the best pure qb by any stretch, but he gets the job done...
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    You look at their 1st 7 weeks and tell me what you think their record will be.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/min
    Old post. I haven't been home since Friday.

Let's go through by team.

SF: I'd say Vikings are favorites. SF are gutted and fresh. Growing pains at least.
    Detroit: Detroit is better, but I personally don't buy into them. Of the Playoff teams from last year, I think they or the Cowboys are the most likely to crumble. But maybe Caldwell is really good at providing stability. Min could win the home game.
    SD: Does SD have a defense or RB? I don't pay much attention to them. Min has a good D so it depends what their O does.
    Denver: Probably a blowout loss. Payton does well in the first game with an offseason of rest.
    KC: Kind of a mirror match. Both really good D's with eh offenses and star RBs. It's in Min and I think Bridgewater showed a lot of consistent growth last year. Pick Min.
    Detroit:
    Chicago: I think they loss to Chi both times last year, so I guess they have something on them.

- - - Updated - - -

The 9ers lost some defensive strength and their HC, but this is the home opener @SF. If the game was @minn then I might pick the vikes.
    First home game last year: 28-20 loss to the Bears in an collapse matched only by their collapse at the end of the year against the Chargers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Cam Newton: "Nobody has my lack of accuracy."

He basically made his GM go get two 7 foot recievers with a 9 mile catch radius, just so they can insure him actually making some throws.
    No one QBs like G̶a̶s̶t̶o̶n Newton. Throws to small trees like Newton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Old post. I haven't been home since Friday.

Let's go through by team.

SF: I'd say Vikings are favorites. SF are gutted and fresh. Growing pains at least.
    Detroit: Detroit is better, but I personally don't buy into them. Of the Playoff teams from last year, I think they or the Cowboys are the most likely to crumble. But maybe Caldwell is really good at providing stability. Min could win the home game.
    SD: Does SD have a defense or RB? I don't pay much attention to them. Min has a good D so it depends what their O does.
    Denver: Probably a blowout loss. Payton does well in the first game with an offseason of rest.
    KC: Kind of a mirror match. Both really good D's with eh offenses and star RBs. It's in Min and I think Bridgewater showed a lot of consistent growth last year. Pick Min.
    Detroit:
    Chicago: I think they loss to Chi both times last year, so I guess they have something on them.

First home game last year: 28-20 loss to the Bears in an collapse matched only by their collapse at the end of the year against the Chargers.
    Their 1st 7 do not include chitown and that's why I did not count them.

I'll start 1st:

@sf - loss
    det - loss
    chargers - win/tie
    @den - loss
    chiefs - loss
    @det - loss
    So you are picking them to go 3-3 excluding chi.

And

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...us-or-not-play

My way or the highway with their best player.
    Last edited by icausewipes; 2015-05-27 at 11:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone has a clue what's going to happen to Peterson. Including him. The administration seems more stubborn, and regardless of what he says, he cares too much about his stats to miss another year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you must have a very keen eye as there are farrrr more teams, GM's, owners, coaches, players, anylists, media members, knowledgeable fans and rational people that do not have as strong view as you seem to have.

If you want to bash Wilson you should at least not say stuff that just makes you sound silly.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you must have a very keen eye as there are farrrr more teams, GM's, owners, coaches, players, anylists, media members, knowledgeable fans and rational people that do not have as strong view as you seem to have.

If you want to bash Wilson you should at least not say stuff that just makes you sound silly.
    I'm sure there are, but would you (seattle's gm for the day) overpay for Wilson? Would you call him a Top 5 QB right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there are, but would you (seattle's gm for the day) overpay for Wilson? Would you call him a Top 5 QB right now?
    Overpaying him as of current QB money is much better than overpaying him next year when Luck and Newton get absurd deals.

Its funny how NFLN is doing the top 100 and hardly anybody on my twitter gives a fuck. I'm sure glad people realized its dumb.

Oh, Ray McDonald arrested again for violating a restraining order in Santa Clara.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2015-05-28 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say he is on the cusp of the lower part of top 5 and think anyone that has watched any games at all is just hating/lying to themselves if they say he is not arguably right around that 5,6,7 spot. I spose we will see this season with the addition of Grahm that opens up ALOT of stuff.

Oh and who says anything about "overpay"? He is going to get his market value.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say he is on the cusp of the lower part of top 5 and think anyone that has watched any games at all is just hating/lying to themselves if they say he is not arguably right around that 5,6,7 spot. I spose we will see this season with the addition of Grahm that opens up ALOT of stuff.

Oh and who says anything about "overpay"? He is going to get his market value.
    We agree he is not top 5, but he will get paid like one.