10+ Year Old Account
    I read that link as "67 months" not 6-7...they should really clarify, I was like "FIVE YEAR INJURY?" /tired.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://247sports.com/Gallery/NFL-hon...thing-36387506

In addition to winning the Lombardi trophy, the winning Super Bowl team will receive an 18-karat golden numeral "50," which CBS' Jason La Canfora says weighs 33 lbs.
    I had to ask google how much that thing weighed and holy shit 33 lbs that's almost 15 kg worth of gold.

I knew (with the Superbowl rings in mind) that the NFL liked bling, but you have to wonder what the hell kind of money goes around in a league that can afford to do something like this. According to this site 33 lbs of gold is worth a whopping $578,328.97

*sigh* okay so according to the official article this came from (and not just some stupid site reporting it) it's not actually a fully golden 50, but bronzed with gold plating...

Pretty sad state of the league that I was fully ready to believe this at face value.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2015-03-27 at 07:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no fucking way were they getting that much gold into one trophy lol :P

- - - Updated - - -

What a gigantic asshole Sam is turning out to be:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12...ay-players-nfl

""I am not the only gay person in the NFL,""

-First of all, you aren't in the NFL. Secondly, no shit.

"I respect the players that did reach out to me and had the courage to tell me that they were also gay, but they do not have the same courage as I do to come out before I even played a down in the NFL."

-Well arent you just a big brave man, deciding that anyone that keeps their sexuality out of the work place (how it should be?) and not using it to become an attention whore is a coward compared to you....

"Maybe I thought it was 2014, and people will understand that there's gay NFL players. There's gay athletes everywhere. But I was clearly wrong. It was a huge deal."

-We do know that there are gay NFL players. We just don't care, because it does not effect their play in any way, shape, or form. If you didn't think it would effect anything/be a big deal to announce it the way you did..then why did you have a press conference to announce it? Why did you try to have a TV show? Why are you going on dancing with the stars, on the sole strength of being gay and in the NFL for one week?

""I don't believe that I'm being discriminated [against] because I'm gay. I just want to know if I'm truly not in the NFL, it's because of talent. Let it be because of my talents. But you've got to prove that I can't play this game. If you look at the film, clearly I can. So, I'll leave it at that. ..."

-So, he claims he does not think he is being discriminated against, then turns around and says "He can play the game, and if you have the talent to play you should be in the league", complete two faced bullshit.

""Dancing with the Stars is my employer. That's my main source of income. ... I'm unemployed, and I don't believe I'm out of the NFL because I'm gay. But if it was a reason, it can hurt their livelihood, and you don't want to take that chance.""

-Was he drunk when he said that? "I am unemployed" right after he said he had a freaking employer? "I don't believe I'm out of the NFL because I'm gay".....BUT!

Christ, what a joke. Go do your dancing with the "Stars", go join the CFL, just gtfo.
    Last edited by Gumboy; 2015-03-27 at 12:14 PM.
    You're a towel.

Probably too slow for CFL. 4.99 40 yard dash... Idk why he feels so entitled to being in the NFL. He's fucking slow, and he's getting slower. Maybe if he would stop trying to promote being gay so much and actually work out he could get better, but no. He is just embarrassing himself. No one cares that he's gay, they really don't. If he was Demarcus Ware good do you think people would care that he is gay? No. They wouldn't. I also don't see why he thinks gay athletes should come out. Why? Maybe they want that part of their life private.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was really hoping he was going to just join the NFL, become one of the rank and file, and carve out a small niche on a team. Instead, before he even has OTAs there are rumors of a reality show and what not. As soon as I heard that, I was done with him. Not because he was gay, but because his "mission to bring awareness" was more important than just simply doing your job as a first year player without a 100% defined role.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Sad to see T. Newman sign with the Vikings. Even if he is 37, and didn't play great last year, he was a veteran we could rely on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    Huh.. I was worried two days ago I'd have to read through pages and pages of stuff after comming back...

Seems Theos' message is still the newest..? Cool! xD

Newman is old. He's not his same explosive self indeed, and his status as 'elite' was even debatable back when. But you ARE right, he was a reliable player who did his job to the best of his abilities anytime he was on the field so the Vikings might've made a reasonable aquisition if only for a short period of time.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Also Mike Zimmer was the defensive coordinator of the Bengals previously so the two of them have a working relationship already.
    More then anything he a reliable player, who didn't cost much, and knows the coach and as of last year he wasn't a liability against younger more explosive receivers so... can't ask for much more in a veteran player.
    Just really not much going on, Jonathan Martin signed with the Panthers but that is less ESPN news, and more TMZ news.
    Draft is still a month away... Something could happen with Peterson always but who knows if that will occur before the draft or not.
    Most interesting sound bite was from Jeff Fisher:
    "It's our intention to draft one," Jeff Fisher said this week at the NFL Annual Meeting, per Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "The Nick trade has no bearing over what we do in the draft."
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Huh.. I was worried two days ago I'd have to read through pages and pages of stuff after comming back...

Seems Theos' message is still the newest..? Cool! xD

Newman is old. He's not his same explosive self indeed, and his status as 'elite' was even debatable back when. But you ARE right, he was a reliable player who did his job to the best of his abilities anytime he was on the field so the Vikings might've made a reasonable aquisition if only for a short period of time.
    Draft still isn't here, and the free agency stuff is pretty much over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So we can't just have cozy tea parties and discuss world matters and politic-- hey, what are yo-- Pend, let me go! Wait! NO! Don't drag me to GEN-OT! NOOOOooo---

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yep. It's waiting for news about the pending cases against teams (Deflategate-Patriots, Artificial Crowdnoise-Falcons, Texting during the game-Browns, Tampering Charges-Jets/Patriots) and a possibe Adrian Peterson resolution (though I don't expect much there, he's not costing the Vikings anything yet till week 1 so they have plenty of time to figure something out).

Nothing else, unless we get something unexpected (like the Rice case last year) but I don't hope so. Enough crazy drama in 1 year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since I personally don't think the draft is going to shake things up to much, I think I'll do my regular season/post season predictions today! Playoff teams in bold

NFC East:

1. Dallas
    2. New York Giants
    3. Eagles
    4. Washington

NFC South:

1. New Orleans
    2. Carolina Panthers
    3. Atlanta Falcolns
    4. Tampa Bay

NFC North (God tier division):
    1. Green Bay Packers
    2. Detroit Lions
    3. Minnesota vikings
    4. Chicago bears

NFC West:
    1. Seattle
    2. San Francisco (Fuck the doom and gloom, We'll do it live!!!) ((Obligatory crazy pick))
    3. Arizona
    4. ST. Louis Rams

AFC East:
    1. Patriots
    2. Bills
    3. Miami
    4. Jets

AFC North
    1. Pittsburgh
    2. Baltimore
    3. Bengals
    4. Browns (Worst team in the league)

AFC South:
    1. Colts
    2. Texans
    3. Jaguars
    4. Titans

AFC West:
    1. Denver
    2. Kansas City
    3. San Diego
    4. Oakland

Seeding:

NFC:
    1. Green Bay
    2. Seattle
    3. Saints
    4. Cowboys
    5. Lions
    6. 49ers

AFC:
    1. New England
    2. Pittsburgh
    3. Denver
    4. Colts
    5. Kansas City
    6. Baltimore

1st Round:

49ers>Saints
    Cowboys>Lions

Baltimore>Denver
    Kansas City>Colts

2nd Round:
    Green Bay>49ers
    Cowboys>Seattle

New England>Baltimore
    Kansas City>Pittsburgh

Conference finals:

Green Bay>Cowboys
    New England>Kansas City

Super Bowl:

New England>Green Bay.

TL;DR: New England Repeats!
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty crazy picks there. For starters, I don't see Pittsburg giving Baltimore too much trouble for the AFC North, in fact I'd be more worried about the Bengals then Steelers.

The Saints could be the worst team in the NFC South next year too for all we know, the Buccaneers should get Winston and improve tremendously. Same with the Falcons, no way could they be as bad as last season.

Cowboys taking the NFC East, I'll agree with that big time. They have a really balanced team, could be dangerous as the season goes on. The NFC North with the Lions and Packers, on the other hand...I don't trust either of those teams. Rodgers just can't be healthy by the end of a season, and the Lions can't get it together late in the season. You know who did impress me the end of last year...Teddy Bridgewater. If AP plays, I could see the Vikings upsetting people and go 11-5.

The AFC South is the Colts' to lose, and they should be a really awesome team next season barring injuries. The Texans and Titans won't improve much, but depending on Bortles the Jags could have a winning season. They definitely have the talent now, especially with ex-Bronco JT.

As for the AFC West, I don't think we should just crown the Broncos just yet. Injuries could happen and Captain "Omaha, Set, INT" has been pretty terrible the last 8 games he played in. The other three teams should be improved from last year also, but who knows how things will end up. For all we know, Derek Carr could lead the Raiders to 10-6. My faith in Rivers has been shot too after the end of last year, where he could not finish drives.

As for the AFC East, the Bills and Patriots are the two top contenders there. Tannehill is all right and the Dolphins aren't terrible, but that is another team that can't finish games to save their lives. The Jets...we will see their progress.

And as for the NFC West, it's the Seahawks' division to lose again but I think with Foles, the Rams could be coming out of their shells this year. The defense played well last year, it was just the QB play that dragged them down. And I feel really bad for the 49ers, a team gutted by poor management. Kapernick is a good QB, but not strong enough to carry a team ala Manning, Rodgers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, WAY too early I feel for predictions. No telling what trades will happen, what draft picks will be made or what injuries will happen.

Especially the last bit could be huge. There's always a handful of names that get injured in pre season that change the whole feel of a team. Last year the Rams looked like they might be "scary" again, until Bradford got hurt again in pre-season game. Nobody gave them a chance to compete after that.

You don't wish it on anyone, or any team, but injuries will happen.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Off season know-it-all pre season predictions:

East
    Buffalo

Central
    Pitts

West
    SD

South
    Indy

Nfc

East
    Dallas

South
    Carolina

West
    Arz

Central
    Det

This is subject to change after the draft, preseason games, and any more major injury/trades.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Wow, WAY too early I feel for predictions. No telling what trades will happen, what draft picks will be made or what injuries will happen.

Especially the last bit could be huge. There's always a handful of names that get injured in pre season that change the whole feel of a team. Last year the Rams looked like they might be "scary" again, until Bradford got hurt again in pre-season game. Nobody gave them a chance to compete after that.

You don't wish it on anyone, or any team, but injuries will happen.
    Ya good points all around. Injuries suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see Jamis Winston making any difference what so ever to the playoff race. As a matter of fact, I don't see any draft picks making that huge of a difference this year ;(

Well I'll just call the. Predictions because I was bored 1.0!
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I don't see Jamis Winston making any difference what so ever to the playoff race. As a matter of fact, I don't see any draft picks making that huge of a difference this year ;(

Well I'll just call the. Predictions because I was bored 1.0!
    When is the 1.1 update comming out?! OMG we've been waiting forever! All Gumboys' developers are so lazy.

OT: Are you okay, Xskarma?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-cliff-jumping

10+ Year Old Account
    1.1 will come out the week before the season or so! :P

Also screw that, I'm terrified of heights.
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    So funny watching fans who love bone-crushing hits turn into overprotective mothers.