The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I would say most of those actions are not 'rewarding' the team, most of them are some dude gets caught smoking weed.
    If his only example is drugs/PEDs then there is not point having the conversation.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand why you are throwing out one of the biggest forms of individual cheating that doesn't hurt the team even if the player is caught.

Also, I asked if you had any examples besides the NCAA. Because "the NCAA is a different beast." I also consider it minor leagues, cuz well, it basically is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The teams are penalized by having a possibly good player suspended for cheating. What are they going to do, suspend the coach because the player was cheating without him knowing about it?
    You're a towel.

In terms of the investigation and the punishment, basically it's about 2 things, 1) lack of cooperation from Kraft and Brady and the Pats when evidence that needed answers was found, and 2) Patriots past history with Spygate.

Punishments get worse the more they happen, just ask any NFL player, 1st offense is a slap on the wrist, 2nd offenses get much worse. And while I'll agree that $1,000,000 is pocket change, the draft picks is the biggest punishment, and Bradys could be bad depending on schedule and how Garapollo ends up doing which could put them behind and on the outside of a playoff run.

The thing that is obvious, the balls were intentionally deflated. How long had it been going on? Probably a very long time. How much of an impact it has on games is debatable. And granted, in the game that they were caught, it had zero bearing. But that also doesn't mean that it didn't have any affect on previous games.

People that want a smoking gun that explicitly shows Brady texting or saying on record that he intentionally or straight up told them to underflate the balls isn't going to happen. But does he really need to. All their star quarterback needs to say is that he "prefers underinflated footballs because their easier to throw and catch", which Brady has gone on record as saying. He says that, and the equipment people make it happen, Brady is happy, so he doesn't say anything else, he doesn't have too. Pats organization knows, doesn't say anything, because anything their star quarterback wants, he gets. And it's don't ask, don't tell.

It's all basically political maneuvering doublespeak.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if just saying it is ok, should Aaron Rogers also be suspended for saying he licked them overinflated?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If his only example is drugs/PEDs then there is not point having the conversation.
    If I give you an example and you say it doesn't count, I would have to be a fool to continue to play that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Kevin williams was a great guy and teamate, hope he still has it in him.
    If they signed a veteran like him I just hope they don't throw a decent signing bonus at him and then cut him like they did with Champ Bailey, thank you for the extra dead money, Loomis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    So if just saying it is ok, should Aaron Rogers also be suspended for saying he licked them overinflated?
    If he had been caught then the type of texting are seen, the balls "disappear" with a Packer employee, gifts and favors over a long span of time from Rodgers to the Eq guys, there is a investigation finding that under any permutation the Pack balls "grew" (rather than droped) far more than the IGL or any other outside force effected the Pack balls FAR more than the opponents then YES.

But all that happened to Brady, not Rodgers so that is where we are. Period.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    NFL sources close to Adam Schefter are saying Tom will probably get the whole thing overturned. Maybe not the draft picks and shit, but all 4 games go bye bye

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    NFL sources close to Adam Schefter are saying Tom will probably get the whole thing overturned. Maybe not the draft picks and shit, but all 4 games go bye bye
    For my own mental health I'm just going to assume everything stays as is. I'm also hoping this thing gets handled with just the arbitrator and doesn't end up with Brady taking the league to normal court. Really don't want this to drag out and be a constant media cloud over training camp and pre-season. >.<

Patriots are generally pretty good at not getting distracted (see Superbowl week), but even they will feel the influence of it if this drags on. Really don't want the team to be both starting back ups AND being less prepared then they should be.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If I give you an example and you say it doesn't count, I would have to be a fool to continue to play that game.
    If you read my post you'd know that won't happen. Drugs are a bad example, because the use is so spread out and varied. I'm just looking for a game rule or something similar. I will not poo-poo your next example - I'm open to being wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I will not poo-poo your next example - I'm open to being wrong.
    Put yourself in my position, why would I believe that when it hasn't been true so far?

Besides, I have nothing to gain, you said "always" and then look, its a whole gigantic exception to "always" - my point has already been made. That was all I was arguing against, the "always" nonsense.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Put yourself in my position, why would I believe that when it hasn't been true so far?

Besides, I have nothing to gain, you said "always" and then look, its a whole gigantic exception to "always" - my point has already been made. That was all I was arguing against, the "always" nonsense.
    Now you're the one just making nonsense. Drugs are outside of the regular rules of the game, which was my entire point - and before you even mentioned PED's I knew you were going to say it. If you don't have any other examples, then don't post again on this subject. If you do, I'd love to hear them. Give me another example of a game rule being broken by a player and the team not getting punished, when team punishments are available.

I was always talking about in game rules, which is why drugs, including PED's, are a different issue.

If you do have the intellectual honesty to list one, please do. But stop with your ridiculous notions of my not keeping my word.

(does the MLB have team punishments?)
    Last edited by cubby; 2015-05-13 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beckham got the Madden cover

CURSE!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Beckham got the Madden cover

CURSE!!!!
    Not that I believe in the Madden curse, but good. Anything to jinx the Giants instead of the Patriots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not that I believe in the Madden curse, but good. Anything to jinx the Giants instead of the Patriots.
    Per NFL rules, Xskarma has been banned for four posts, MMO-Champion has been fined $100,000 dollars, as his "jinxing" was done under their watch. Finally, he loses his pick of topic name for the next NFL thread, and is barred from posting on the front page of the 2017-2018 season thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Per NFL rules, Xskarma has been banned for four posts, MMO-Champion has been fined $100,000 dollars, as his "jinxing" was done under their watch. Finally, he loses his pick of topic name for the next NFL thread, and is barred from posting on the front page of the 2017-2018 season thread.
    Yes!!!!!Can I name it?! I want to name it!!!!!!!!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    tough but fair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yes!!!!!Can I name it?! I want to name it!!!!!!!!
    I just got off the phone with comish Good-L, and he's ok with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just got off the phone with comish Good-L, and he's ok with that.
    Okay okay, I got it! Apepi's MMXVI-MMXVII Non-Canadian Real Football Thread!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a multi millionaire athlete so I don't have a lawyer on retainer for shit like this. I'm screwed.