Thread: Life Is Strange

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Episode 1 is free at the moment, their trick worked on me because I ended up buying it...

Just finished episode 3, reminds me of The Butterfly Effect the more I play it.

Good game.

I didn't like the ending.

This whole storm thing was much too arbitrary for my taste. If they had done real alternate time consequences for your actions it would have worked for me but this "Either kill Cloe or this random storm that we never really explained will destroy the city" seems like a lazy cop out.

For a guy who just played WoW all the time, most games only peak my interests for a couple of hours before I get bored and go back to WoW.
    But playing Life Is Strange...instantly wrapped right into it. Got really connected into the characters, and the ever-changing storyline really got my interest. Yeah people could say its very cheesy or whatnot, but I loved it. Binged a weekend playing it from start to finish. Bloody emotional ending too. Pulled at my heartstrings.

Its been a while since I played this game, but its definately recommendable if you like story-driven games. Don't expect to be amazed with any gameplay though, I actually thought that some of the stealth sequences were unnecesary. But the time traveling mechanic is rather neat, and it helps that you can just rewind and pick a different choice instead or restarting the game to pick another choice instead. Its one of the better story-driven games around where you need to make a lot of choices (other games that do this are all of Telltale Games, Until Dawn, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls etc), but if your not into a highschool theme with a lot of hipster dialogue, then it may not be for you as its literally everywhere to be found. Some of the choices can have a rather big impact (even deciding somebodies life), but there are also a lot of small choices that'll get back to you in later episodes which I love. At the end of the game, your basically limited to a couple of new choices to end the game with, while all other choices aren't to be found though. I think the emotion in this game is rather well done, but the games weakest point is easily the lip sync which is beyond awful. Its actually hard to believe that such an expensive game does such a poor job with the lip sync.

When compared to other similiar storyteling games, it certainly does well in creating a lot of sizeable exploration areas where you can even talk to a lot of people, which trigger these small choices. This can also be found back in a lot of Telltale Games, but in their case its mostly just puzzling, which LiS often has aswell. If I had to pick my favorite game of this genre, it doesn't exactly rate high for me, but thats simply because I can't really get into its theme. Its still a good quality game, but just not entirely my taste. I'd put it above some Telltale Games (TWD S2 and maybe Game of Thrones), but below Heavy Rain and Until Dawn which are my personal favorites.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm itching for another game like this now.

The only problem is I've played Until Dawn, Telltale games and Heavy Rain. I don't really like the look of Beyond 2 Souls if that's a suggestion.