Iron Maidens and Feign Death question.

Okay so I found out that you can Feign Death the Penetrating Shot on the Iron Maidens and basically cheese it with it falling off of you without it doing the spreadable damage.

Question I have though (would test it myself but not going to be raiding till Wednesday) but can we do the same for other abilities and just completely avoid it?

Talking about mainly Rapid Fire and Blood Ritual.

no to blood ritual

people have said that you can fd rapid fire and it will stop chasing you (and just pound the ground in one spot) but I've never had it work and i wouldn't waste the fd cooldown on that anyway

You can feign blood ritual, you won't lose the debuf that shows you are targeted, but the cast still won't happen.

Rapid fire will just go to a random target after you feign, which is pretty bad and can kill people easily, so don't do that.

You can feign Blood Ritual and you can feign Penetrating Shot. You can also feign Rapid Fire BUT it then immediately goes to someone else who may not be ready so never feign Rapid Fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfisher View Post
    You can feign Blood Ritual and you can feign Penetrating Shot. You can also feign Rapid Fire BUT it then immediately goes to someone else who may not be ready so never feign Rapid Fire.
    I've found the behavior to be somewhat inconsistent. Sometimes it retargets other times it just stays still in one spot. Basically, yea, never feign it. Save it for the penetrating shots.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Never tried feigning Blood Ritual before. Does it work as Squall said, doesn't do the do the damage but will still show its squigly line graphic?

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Never tried feigning Blood Ritual before. Does it work as Squall said, doesn't do the do the damage but will still show its squigly line graphic?
    The straight lines and squiggly lines disappear. Thing is with FD is that sometimes it takes a second before it takes effect. Let your body hit the ground then get back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Deleted
    FD works for blood ritual. The red swirly line remains after FD but the damage never comes.

I have just been using deterrance on Blood Ritual. Nice to know FD works for that though lol

for Blood ritual just use FD when it's 2~ secs left on the debuff and stay dead until it's off, this way u are sure it worked instead of killing everyone (especially in mythic where u dont want any1 to get the debuff)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion View Post
    for Blood ritual just use FD when it's 2~ secs left on the debuff and stay dead until it's off, this way u are sure it worked instead of killing everyone (especially in mythic where u dont want any1 to get the debuff)
    You can just use FD as soon as you get it, no need to pay extra attention to something unnecessary. The swigly line wont go away but it won't deal damage, or atleast it hasn't done on the 50+ pulls i've had on mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can feign death rapid fire to keep it in the same spot as long as you do it before it starts moving. Is this worth doing? Only during bombs.

You can FD all 3 abilities but as others have posted, Rapid Fire will not always stay still and sometimes randomly target someone else and can cause issues. It's not that big of a deal to kite it as you can easily do it in small bursts. Personally, I just fd penetrating shot as a quick pop of deterrence negates blood ritual completely where as having fd available for penetrating is much more useful to the raid to have it disappear.

Deleted
    Also pro tip: You can FD body slam from franz in hanz and franz if you time it right (You have to do it before it starts the jump) - healers will probably thank you for it in mythic.