Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Forgot to update this so...here ya go for anyone interested. Also new character was revealed. A dwarf ranger packing a wide variety of hammers, axes and some fire power. I know who I am going to play.

Dev Blog #8 | Designing Ubersreik
    http://vermintide.com/dev-blog-8-designing-ubersreik/

Dev Blog #9 | The Sprint Demos
    http://vermintide.com/dev-blog-9-the-sprint-demos/

Dev Blog #10 | Animation AI Part 2: Enemies
    http://vermintide.com/dev-blog-10-an...art-2-enemies/

Dev Blog #11 | Bardin Goreksson, Dwarf Ranger
    http://vermintide.com/dev-blog-11-ba...-dwarf-ranger/

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Dev Blog #11 | Bardin Goreksson, Dwarf Ranger
    http://vermintide.com/dev-blog-11-ba...-dwarf-ranger/
    Finally, a developer who has actually made a true ranger class for the first time in over 15 years! All hail the nostalgia of the '80s!

New E3 trailer showing off more gameplay/combat, some new environments and such

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks lame imo

The trailer pretty much confirms that general combat plays like Nord Invasion/Left 4 Dead (which is great! We need more of the genre). Get ready to hold down 'S' to backpedal from the Skaven hordes than you will ever press 'W' to charge through them!

Looking forward to it!

So it is "pest control the 1600's version" ?

Been a while since I updated this and there has been heaps of new stuff that has been released sooooo...ya

Dev Blog #12 | Level Designing the End Times
    http://www.vermintide.com/dev-blog-1...the-end-times/

Dev Blog #13 | Sound Designing and Creating Ambience
    http://www.vermintide.com/dev-blog-1...ting-ambience/

Dev Blog #14 | Sienna Fuegonasus, Bright Wizard
    http://www.vermintide.com/dev-blog-1...bright-wizard/

Dev Blog #15 | The Skaven – Introduction and Clanrat
    http://www.vermintide.com/dev-blog-1...n-and-clanrat/

Dev Blog #16 | The Skaven – Poison Wind Globadier
    http://www.vermintide.com/dev-blog-1...ind-globadier/

Dev Blog #17 | The Skaven – Stormvermin
    http://www.vermintide.com/dev-blog-1...n-stormvermin/

Dev Blog #18 | The Skaven – Rat Ogre
    http://www.vermintide.com/dev-blog-1...aven-rat-ogre/

Dev Vlog - Inside The Vermintide [Part 1]

Dev Vlog - Inside The Vermintide [Part 2]

Vermintide Q&A with Game Designer Victor Magnuson

Q:What kind of game is this?

A: Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide is a first-person 4 player co-op game set in the city of Ubersreik during the End Times of the Warhammer fantasy world. It is the first time players will be able to experience the Warhammer fantasy world from a first person perspective.

Q:How would you describe the gameplay style?
    A: Vermintide is an action-focused co-op game, where you and your team shoot, swing and bash your way through the Skaven legions who have overrun the city.

With Vermintide we are taking first person melee combat to the next level. We have put a great deal of effort into creating a truly visceral and impactful melee combat system along with a variety of different ranged alternatives.

We wanted the combat to be up close and personal and have created multiple systems to support this. Since we feel that the most important aspect of melee combat is feedback, players will be able to decapitate their enemies in a variety of ways and blood will splatter on any surface it touches to make sure that the player really feels their attacks connecting with the target. This also heavily ties into the gritty aspect of the Warhammer universe which is something that we wanted to portray in the game. And come on, its the End Times, the world is going under as we know it! The gloves have come off quite some time ago.

In addition to melee combat we have a wide selection of ranged weapons that players can utilise to become effective at all distances. Each character has access to a wide range of firearms, stretching from bows and crossbows to pistols and repeating handguns.

We want players to always feel like they are fighting against overwhelming odds to create a game where cooperation is the central focus. Players will need to constantly be aware of their surroundings and make sure to stick together and watch other players backs in order to to survive in Vermintide.

Q: Why are you making this game?
    A: Cooperative games have always been a favorite of mine, there simply is nothing that can beat the experience of playing with friends and together overcoming overwhelming odds. Combining that style of gameplay with the incredible richness of the Warhammer brand is truly a dream come true for me personally and for us as a company. We jokingly say that Warhammer is in our DNA but quite frankly the truth.

Taking our expertise in melee combat from previous games and elevating it to the next level in a first person co-op experience has been hugely rewarding and exciting. Seeing this world take shape in a first person perspective, letting players experience the Warhammer fantasy world up close and personal is something that makes going to work each day a true joy.

Q: How has it been working with a licensed product?
    A: We have had a very close relationship with Games Workshop throughout the development of the game. They approve every asset that go into the game to make sure that we stay true to the Warhammer brand. Its been great to have them there to support us in making sure we deliver something that the fans will react well to.

Q: Tells us about the setting
    A: Vermintide is set during the End Times of the Warhammer Fantasy universe. This is quite literally the end of the world as we’ve known it. Our game is set during the beginning of this world shattering event, so the inhabitants of this world are still not really aware of the mayhem to come.

When the players arrive in the town of Ubersreik the city has just been overrun by the Skaven army. So it is up to them to join the resistance and fight back. Its really a story about how these five characters band together against impossible odds to become heroes.

Dwarf_Ranger_Screenshot_004_2015-06-10

Q: Do you have a favorite character?
    A: It is hard to pick one since they all have their own unique weapons and personalities that make them special. But if I hade pick one it would have to be Bardin Goreksson our Dwarf Ranger. One thing that I love about him is that his perspective is lower than the other characters which puts the player at equal height with the Skaven. There is nothing quite like being able to look a clan rat straight in the eye as you bury a great axe in their skull. I also love going to town with his Grudge-raker (which is a double barreled shotgun) on an unsuspecting group of rabid Skaven slaves. I recently listened in on the voice recording session and quite frankly it’s going to be hard not to fall in love with this stout fellow.

Q: Will I be able to play solo?
    A: Yes, if you prefer to play alone we have bots that will take the place of the human players. This will allow you to experience the game on your own, while simultaneously removing any issues with players dropping out of the game mid session, since their place will simply be filled by a bot until another player comes in and takes over.

Q: Will you be able to play as the Skaven?
    A: At this point in time we decided to focus on having the Skaven as our enemy so we could put more effort and detail into the 5 characters we have. Trying to create playable Skaven as well would simply have forced us to limit the effort we could put into creating a better experience for the players.

Q: Which platforms will the game be released on?
    A: Vermintide will be released on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

Q: What engine are you using?
    A: The Stingray™ game engine, which is an Autodesk Gameware product.

Q: When will Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide be released?
    A: We aim to release Vermintide during the Fall of 2015

Q: Will there be any microtransactions in the game?
    A: No.

Q: Will the game be released through Early Access?
    A: No.

Q: Will there be a beta?
    A: Yes! To sign up, check out http://vermintide.com/beta-sign-up/

10+ Year Old Account
    Another beta day is active for those lucky ones with a key

I crave a new good coop game, really hope it delivers on the fun. But my biggest fear is that it's going to get repetitive fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I crave a new good coop game, really hope it delivers on the fun. But my biggest fear is that it's going to get repetitive fast.
    It is fun but very similar to L4D with some upgraded parts such as gear and crafting or at least sort of.
    Do find it harder than L4D due to being mostly melee, although i did play the least ranged character. That being said easy, normal and hard don't have friendly fire, nightmare and cataclysm does.

For the 25 euros it cost well worth picking it up if you like such games, it comes with 13 maps out of the box, especially if we add the gear upgrades L4D didn't have and account level unlocks.

Looks like a lot of fun. I could give two shits about the warhammer bit, but it looks entertaining regardless.

Deleted
    It's pretty good. For 27 euro it's worth it. My favorite is probably the elf, the bow is just so much fun.

Ya, I've been playing the beta all day. Running into the huge packs/swarms on the dwarf with the 2 handed hammer and sending the flying is so satisfying

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It is fun but very similar to L4D with some upgraded parts such as gear and crafting or at least sort of.
    Do find it harder than L4D due to being mostly melee, although i did play the least ranged character. That being said easy, normal and hard don't have friendly fire, nightmare and cataclysm does.

For the 25 euros it cost well worth picking it up if you like such games, it comes with 13 maps out of the box, especially if we add the gear upgrades L4D didn't have and account level unlocks.
    I do love me some L4D action and I like that it's more melee focused.

Are there plenty if loot? And is there a skill tree for the classes? Will definitely buy it for some fun mayhem, will keep me occupied until fallout 4 atleast.

Deleted
    Is anyone playing this? Looking for some to play with after picking it up since random PuGs are either amazing or terrible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I do love me some L4D action and I like that it's more melee focused.

Are there plenty if loot? And is there a skill tree for the classes? Will definitely buy it for some fun mayhem, will keep me occupied until fallout 4 atleast.
    Didn't see a skill tree didn't farm enough to be a judge of that. It seems it's more TF2 weapon based then actual skill sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played last night for the first time and it was a lot of fun, got carried though by 2 people that were level 10 or so, but we still wiped on easy mode on the first map right near the end. Then we did it again and beat it, we then picked the tunnels map on hard mode and we beat that pretty easy, I think we cheesed it by staying in the ammo spot and letting everything come to us while we blasted everything. I don't know if there is an in game friend list or just through steam, so I couldn't add them.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Looks like a fun game and I'd definitely play it.

Basically L4D with swords, magic and Warhammer. What's not to like?

Deleted
    really fun.. trinkets OP.

Quote Originally Posted by I dunno View Post
    It's not the Warhammer 40k universe, therefore I don't give a shit, just another run of the mill fantasy game for me.
    This, stop giving everyone fantasy warhammer when everyone wants a 40k game that doesnt suck balls.