BG Player Question

So I used to be a big BG PVP player (I'm just not into Arena at all) and about once an expansion I get into BG playing quite a bit. But I was wondering if someone couldn't point me to some kind of overview of the spread right now on strength in BGs among the classes. Guides and overviews always seem to be so heavily arena based that I can't get a good feel. Hunter traditionally reigns supreme but I'm curious what shifts have occurred. I can be any class at max level except DK so any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks for any advice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm like you mate I just love doing bg's and wpvp.
    Overview is melee is wrecking casters and hunters wreck melee and most casters. Like always, hunter is king of the bg's.

Since its possible to use glider and parachute its easy to dart around bg maps as a hunter now and using nitro to bail out or chase. Alliance at least on my battlegroup is a lot more intelligent than they used to be so we win ~80% of bg's now. I think a lot of horde pvpers rolled alliance! Downside is in this expansion we are getting up to 10min queue times sometimes more.

I guess I'll give you a bit of a class run down as I find them on my hunter since I got sfa else to do while on my break...

Paladin (ret) - They have pretty deadly burst and support but as always dispel them and kite them down

Warrior - I notice they rek casters pretty easily now, hunters have little problem keeping distance just drag yourself out to 36 - 40yd range and be proactive with traps and if its an intelligent warrior wait for spell reflect to hit cd before u drop freeze trap.

Rogue - Good against casters but laughably bad against hunters now, especially with the burst of speed cd nerf and hunters having a bazillion snares.

DK - Laughably bad against hunters, they just can't do anything to you so you won't have issues if you go hunter

Monk - Laughably bad against hunters, they just can't do anything to you so you won't have issues if you go hunter

Druid (feral) One of the few threats to a hunter but be proactive with traps and binding shot and keep distance so they keep wasting their gap closers, with practice you work out what they do pretty easily

Druid (shitkin) Melee rek them but if you go hunter stay the fuck away from them if its 1v1 situation, their self heals too stronk

Shaman - ele and enhance are pretty bad but enhance seems to have better survivability, also get rekt by hunters

Shadow Priest - They are glass cannons and have good burst, if you go hunter you need to know how2play against 1, you should win vs them most of the time after some practice against their playstyle

Warlock (destroy) - Laughably bad against hunters and melee as they need to stand to cast now in pvp and just don't have the self heals they once had

Warlock (aff) - They wreck most things and like the spriest you need to know how2play against one if you go hunter, should win most of the time vs them.

Mage - They are horrible vs hunters now, treat them as you would a pve boss and stay out of the fire/frost orbs. I haven't really noticed them enough to see how they are against other classes, shame imo I love mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huntard > all. Especially with frozen ammo.

I have always been curious about Feral PvP. My hunter is Forsaken and her shooting animation with everything is just soooo painful. But I used the undead bird so it would be a good showing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    I have always been curious about Feral PvP. My hunter is Forsaken and her shooting animation with everything is just soooo painful. But I used the undead bird so it would be a good showing.
    Feral pvp is great fun and rolls a lot of classes, I enjoy feral pvp second to hunter pvp. I changed to human female hunter, much better animations and free trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Warlock (aff) - They wreck most things and like the spriest you need to know how2play against one if you go hunter, should win most of the time vs them.
    What? Warlocks get rekt by melee regardless of spec, like all casters. And mages were always horrible vs. hunters bar vanilla, in TBC a BM pet could solo a mage np.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Just for bgs, you can't do wrong with hunter.
    But stealth > all in bgs, go rogue, you wont look back.

Ferals are really strong at the moment, and they have a lot of BG utility. If you're looking to enjoy BG's, just go with the classes with knockback. aka go feral for typhoon (but that is a bit more difficult to be successful with), or just go hunter.

Rogues were always my personal favorite to do bg's with though. You make a huge difference, and sap caps will turn the tides.

I personally really enjoy my rogue as sub in bg's.. constantly having 5 cp to start engagements is lovely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling my resto druid in BGs. Level 93 at the moment. Nothing can kill me 1v1, not even close. The problem, I can't do anything to them either. The good old days, I'd have many more offensive tools at my disposal and I could kill most classes (all, if they were bad). The best part, we (horde) win AV quite a bit in the 90-99 bracket. I honestly only queue for SotA (horde owns it) and AV (turtle power!), as I grind for Bloodthirsty title. The only class that seems to give me some issues are frost mages, just feels like I run into more good frost mages than anything. They still can't kill me (which is fucking stupid, THEY should easily spell steal me dots and.... nvm), but they make me work. Hunters seem to inflict a lot of damage around me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    Leveling my resto druid in BGs. Level 93 at the moment. Nothing can kill me 1v1, not even close. The problem, I can't do anything to them either. The good old days, I'd have many more offensive tools at my disposal and I could kill most classes (all, if they were bad). The best part, we (horde) win AV quite a bit in the 90-99 bracket. I honestly only queue for SotA (horde owns it) and AV (turtle power!), as I grind for Bloodthirsty title. The only class that seems to give me some issues are frost mages, just feels like I run into more good frost mages than anything. They still can't kill me (which is fucking stupid, THEY should easily spell steal me dots and.... nvm), but they make me work. Hunters seem to inflict a lot of damage around me.
    Yeah pvp where healers could slowly grind down dps-ers and kill them eventually while being immortal, was fucking lame. I still wonder why the arena comps back then weren't made up entirely of healers. Resto druids and disc priests could kill people, I remember back in wotlk how I was ganked by a disc priest on my dk, both same pvp gear. Stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I dunno View Post
    What? Warlocks get rekt by melee regardless of spec, like all casters. And mages were always horrible vs. hunters bar vanilla, in TBC a BM pet could solo a mage np.
    Oh? Haven't been pvping so much the last few weeks but I thought that aff locks were the best caster vs melee atm?

Back on topic I still think hunter if you want total BG superiority or go feral if you wanna go the stealth melee route. Rogues are always fun but tbh they are getting rekt by a lot at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Oh? Haven't been pvping so much the last few weeks but I thought that aff locks were the best caster vs melee atm?
    No, man, there is nothing a lock can do against the usual dk, rogue, warrior, feral druid pain train. By "best" you must mean "slightly better than the turds that are the rest of the spell casters".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I dunno View Post
    No, man, there is nothing a lock can do against the usual dk, rogue, warrior, feral druid pain train. By "best" you must mean "slightly better than the turds that are the rest of the spell casters".
    Yeah for all the pre wod talk about silences etc getting nerfed they really fucked up by getting rid of caster dps mobility as well. I'd like to see MoP levels of caster mobility while dpsing return and see how it fairs while keeping the other changes to cc, cd's and interrupts.

Deleted
    Rogue is always fun on bg. Ninja capping, being annoying with long CC, interupts and crip poison.Putting all debuffs like vandetta, nerve strike, prey of the weak on enemies .Tanking while defending bases with evasion, feint,smoke bomb ,CR, self heal, never ending CC options, no cooldown AOE, vanish and BoS is also ultimate fun.