Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think such a powerful being would be so childish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    No. Give me the peace of death when my life has run its course. Living for eternity sounds like a curse.
    Although I wouldn't mind a few more centuries, especially if I could live it in my prime.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    1 God is about to make the decision weather YOU die or live for eternity
    2 the gangster with a gun is about to make the decision weather YOU die or live for 50 more years
    the guy from 2 is the bad guy the guy from 1 is teh good guy?

Which god are we talking about here as well as which eternal heaven place?

Quote Originally Posted by danildoen View Post
    Lets just say it does. You may believe or you may not, lets just speculate what you would actually say.

Judgement day comes and God is about to make the decision weather YOU die or live for eternity.

What are the words would you chose.
    With my view on religion I should probably pack a whole bunch of sun-tan lotion.

Quote Originally Posted by VodkaRedBull View Post
    People here are really HATING god.....
    Yeah, they're not fans.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    I want Bulbasaur as my starter.

Yeah, when I die and go to heaven (if it's real and she doesn't send me to hell for being agnostic) I want my personal heaven to be the world of pokemon. of all the fantasy worlds I ever thought, "it would be cool to live there" Pokemon seems the safest and most fun.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    "Can i get reincarnated as magical loli ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Death.

Eternal life would be great for a few thousand years . . . and then it would just be an endless amount of suck.

Consider Graham's number. Graham's number is one of the biggest numbers used in a serious mathematical proof. It is so big that no mathematical notation can express it, and that if you knew this number, your brain would collapse into a black hole. That is not hyperbole, that is physics. There are more digits in this number than there are planck volumes in the universe, thus the information in your head would be so dense as to collapse into a blackhole.

So Graham's number is calculated in a series of alghorthms. The first of which is:

G1 = 3^^^^3 where ^ us up arrow notation. Now this number, G1 is an ENORMOUS number as it is.
    G2 = 3 (G1 number of up-arrows) 3
    G3 = 3 (G2 number of up-arrows) 3
    G64 = 3 (G63 number of up-arrows) 3

G64 = Graham's number.

Think about this number. And think about this: If you live for eternity, you will live Graham's number years, graham's number of times. And you will live that, graham's number of times again. And you will live that Graham's number of times. And so on and so forth. You'll live so long that Graham's number of years feels as insignificant as one year, and you'll live infinitely longer than that.

Eternity is long, ridiculously, incomprehensibly long. It is infinitely longer than the largest numbers we can even attempt to imagine.

No. Give me the peace of death when my life has run its course. Living for eternity sounds like a curse.
    And, frankly, that's why the idea of hell is a thing.

Because as bad as that might seem to you, it sounds a lot better than spending that same amount of time in infinite suffering.

Look, if you don't believe in god or want religion to turn out to be true, that's fine, but it's not the point of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'd rather die. Living for eternity sounds fucking horrible.
    Idk, I would kind of like it. I would probably take up recording and observing humanity as they develop to see where they go or what they do. Its certainly an interesting prospect.

What would I say? What could I say. He knows everything about who and what I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    But if he truly is all powerful enough to be the God of the bible what could your human brain produce as a response if he claims he is just. And that you could never understand why he did what he did. Would a creature like this lie? What would he gain? Whats his motivation? Could you honestly accept the truth as something other then what he says. Assuming we are talking about the christian idea of an omnipotent all loving God. How could you claim understanding?
    I guess it would be more accurate to say he'd be the biggest asshole in the universe according to almost all types of human morals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I would love it an eternity no pain nobody to bother me and being able to wonder. That's heaven to me.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by VodkaRedBull View Post
    People here are really HATING god.....
    Why would anyone like him? He killed all life on Earth because of a hissy-fit. He threatens you with eternal suffering. And this all powerful being is so damn cheap that all the churches need money from YOU instead of the big chief upstairs who can create entire worlds.

Yep, the hate is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    I want Bulbasaur as my starter.

Yeah, when I die and go to heaven (if it's real and she doesn't send me to hell for being agnostic) I want my personal heaven to be the world of pokemon. of all the fantasy worlds I ever thought, "it would be cool to live there" Pokemon seems the safest and most fun.
    I too have thought this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would take my cue from Stephen Fry.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Nothing. God would know me anyway. Right?
    Not the god we're talking about. Reading all the stories about him, he seems a bit... incompetent.

Personally the whole question is as entertaining to me as "what if Jack and the beanstalk was real?"
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2015-03-09 at 10:18 PM.

"at least I got chicken!"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather go to hell so i can rap with Tupac and see women all the time.

Deleted
    "Did you enjoy your little experiment?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    you sound sick pal. And im an agnostic.
    He's right you know. Satan didn't kill all living things on Earth. Are you also agnostic about unicorns, fairies and Santa Claus? You can't prove they're not real.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which god? Discussion ends.
    Druid since Feb. 06