Thread: [Balance] Help?

[Balance] Help?

So I did a normal run with my guild and I seem to be ranking pretty low in the brackets for my gear. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong? Here are the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=28

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nr View Post
    So I did a normal run with my guild and I seem to be ranking pretty low in the brackets for my gear. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong? Here are the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=28

Thanks!
    your opener looks kinda weird

Your dot damage percentage was 46.22%. This means that when platforms were moving, you were probably just tossing dots, which is of course fine to do when moving but the idea is to move as little as possible. Mastering movement between GCD's and staying in the non moving spaces between the belts will fix this so you can cast more spells while dots are rolling. Uptime was fine for your dots too so just try not moving so much and your dps should jump rather well. Also, you used 13 starfalls. There are only 2 targets. Best to keep dots up and just use starsurges on one of the bosses. Starfall would, of course, be fine if you HAVE to move. Some dps is better than none. Also, it seems you cast Celestial alignment BEFORE combat started, same with Incarnation. If you are casting at the same time, stop. This is the opener I use. I am not sure if it is optimal as others use slightly different openers but it works well enough for me and others seem to do it as well:

The ideal opening rotation at the start of the fight is as follows:

1). Cast Incarnation+Prepot 4 seconds before pull.
    2). Pre-cast Starfire so that the cast finishes as the boss is pulled.
    3). Cast Celestial Alignment and any other cooldowns that are not on the global cooldown such as Shards of Nothing.
    4). Cast Moonfire(this will also apply Sunfire Icon Sunfire). Can be macroed with Celestial Alignment but I do not like to do that.
    5). Cast Starsurge (this will trigger the Lunar Empowerment Icon Lunar Empowerment buff).
    2). Cast two Starfires to use up the Lunar Empowerment charges.
    Repeat steps 5 and 6 until Celestial Alignment is about to expire.
    Just before Celestial Alignment expires, re-cast Moonfire Icon Moonfire (so that Sunfire Icon Sunfire is reapplied).

Again, this MAY NOT be ideal as some people like to prepot and inc 1 second before pull then starsurge and then CA and trinket and use moonfire. I cannot find a REAL consensus ANYWHERE on what is the BEST method. I was reading over on Icy-Veins, some people recommend this so I use this and I feel it does well. If anyone would care to enlighten me, I would be more than happy to listen ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Backlashe View Post
    Your dot damage percentage was 46.22%. This means that when platforms were moving, you were probably just tossing dots, which is of course fine to do when moving but the idea is to move as little as possible. Mastering movement between GCD's and staying in the non moving spaces between the belts will fix this so you can cast more spells while dots are rolling. Uptime was fine for your dots too so just try not moving so much and your dps should jump rather well. Also, you used 13 starfalls. There are only 2 targets. Best to keep dots up and just use starsurges on one of the bosses. Starfall would, of course, be fine if you HAVE to move. Some dps is better than none. Also, it seems you cast Celestial alignment BEFORE combat started, same with Incarnation. If you are casting at the same time, stop. This is the opener I use. I am not sure if it is optimal as others use slightly different openers but it works well enough for me and others seem to do it as well:

The ideal opening rotation at the start of the fight is as follows:

1). Cast Incarnation+Prepot 4 seconds before pull.
    2). Pre-cast Starfire so that the cast finishes as the boss is pulled.
    3). Cast Celestial Alignment and any other cooldowns that are not on the global cooldown such as Shards of Nothing.
    4). Cast Moonfire(this will also apply Sunfire Icon Sunfire). Can be macroed with Celestial Alignment but I do not like to do that.
    5). Cast Starsurge (this will trigger the Lunar Empowerment Icon Lunar Empowerment buff).
    2). Cast two Starfires to use up the Lunar Empowerment charges.
    Repeat steps 5 and 6 until Celestial Alignment is about to expire.
    Just before Celestial Alignment expires, re-cast Moonfire Icon Moonfire (so that Sunfire Icon Sunfire is reapplied).

Again, this MAY NOT be ideal as some people like to prepot and inc 1 second before pull then starsurge and then CA and trinket and use moonfire. I cannot find a REAL consensus ANYWHERE on what is the BEST method. I was reading over on Icy-Veins, some people recommend this so I use this and I feel it does well. If anyone would care to enlighten me, I would be more than happy to listen ;-)
    the general idea is that your trinket proccs are up for the first 20 seconds of the fight, if you got a 15% chance 115 icd, sure go ahead and allow yourself to fish off an additional proc.

but otherwise inc - 3 sec before in the middle of that gcd (as last as possible, but before starsurge)
    starsurge - 1.5 sec, pop trinkets right after this.
    0 sec CA + moonfire
    1 sec starfire x 2
    4 sec starsurge
    5 sec starfire x 2
    8 sec starsurge
    9 sec starfire x2
    12 sec (if you got a proc) starsurge
    13 sec starfire until 1 or 0 sec remaining on CA
    14-15 sec moonfire.
    15-16 sec starsurge if possible or keep casting starfire

in my case I can get off 2 starfire's on the 13 sec point + in some cases a 4th starsurge, before the moonfire.
    getting those proccs should be quite easy with oregorger + darmac trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    your opener looks kinda weird
    Yeah, I've been macroing CA + Inc on the same button, which probably makes me lose a couple of seconds of valuable CA time, but still: 11th percentile of ilevel bracket is probably not just due to the opener.

Yeah, I've been macroing CA + Inc on the same button, which probably makes me lose a couple of seconds of valuable CA time, but still: 11th percentile of ilevel bracket is probably not just due to the opener.
    It was your dotting. With only two targets, and not even all the time, there should be more starfires and wraths. looks like when you were moving, which was too much, you were just throwing dots. Try to move less and do some wraths and starfires. as long as dots are ticking well, no need to refresh them. also, on a fight like hanz and franz, do not worry too much about refreshing dots in empowerments. do it if you can but it will not be a huge dps loss if you don't as the extra dmg only counts on the initial cast, not the ticks.

Thanks! Any other ideas for the rest of the fights? I'll upload Heroic logs tonight hopefully.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's some new heroic logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wBKcabQjZ1DJ2Xtx

I died like an idiot on a couple of fights (Kromog was terrible, for example). Got hit by a spear on Darmac once, also like an idiot. But I seem to be lagging quite a bit on Gruul and Oregorger — any tips there?

Use SOTF for Gruul, you don't have 2p/4p so you will be missing out on a lot of DPS gain potential. You seemed to be doing okay for it anyway.

I myself just got 4p and was stoked at the gain I got from 2p to 4p and using SOTF instead of I:CoE on Gruul (4k dps diff). Our set bonus will make a massive difference on the rotation for now, focus on getting that 2p as you will notice you'll be able to cast nearly 4 starfires with 2 starsurges in one lunar rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewmkin View Post
    Use SOTF for Gruul, you don't have 2p/4p so you will be missing out on a lot of DPS gain potential. You seemed to be doing okay for it anyway.

I myself just got 4p and was stoked at the gain I got from 2p to 4p and using SOTF instead of I:CoE on Gruul (4k dps diff). Our set bonus will make a massive difference on the rotation for now, focus on getting that 2p as you will notice you'll be able to cast nearly 4 starfires with 2 starsurges in one lunar rotation.
    what the...?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Any other ideas for the rest of the fights? I'll upload Heroic logs tonight hopefully.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's some new heroic logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wBKcabQjZ1DJ2Xtx

I died like an idiot on a couple of fights (Kromog was terrible, for example). Got hit by a spear on Darmac once, also like an idiot. But I seem to be lagging quite a bit on Gruul and Oregorger — any tips there?
    Okay, a few pick ups:

1. your kill time is 3,25 = INC

2. 29k is decent for your gear for 3,30 single target, your other boomer has soaked up much more gear than you have, the two piece alone is worth roughly 3k dps

3. The person who pops your guilds pull bloodlusts is running a wee bit slow, you need to educate him on the subject of: how to use the bloodlust at 0.00

4. At some points you had both solar and lunar empowerments up, don't know why

5. Subpar RNG explains some of your dps loss, but only slightly

6. Try to work on your opener more and see if you can push the pull dps over 100k

Thanks! A lot of valuable insight

10+ Year Old Account
    You do not want to do that ever. You are gimping yourself on damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.