View Poll Results: If you had been given the cute for all cancers you would.

Voters
401. This poll is closed
  • Sell it make a fortune.

196 48.88%
  • Give it away to all.

205 51.12%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd sell it to the NHS or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Sell it or give it away for free?
    Sell it to a pharmaceutical company for as much as I can, then release it on the internet for free.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    The distribution would be in no way manageable. I would need a world scale organisation to distribute the cure. It couldn't work without money. The problem is that there's not a single financially and infrastructurally powerful enough institution in the world that could be trusted to back the whole project without managing to make the world an even worse place. Which kind of leads me to the realization that if I had a cure for cancer, I'd best be doing nothing with it.

What about partnering with a charity like Bill and Melinda gates and giving it away like that.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I lost my mother to cancer, the idea of anyone profiting off of the very thing that could have saved her and countless others is truly disgusting. A human life doesn't have a monetary value.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Sell it to a pharmaceutical company for as much as I can, then release it on the internet for free.
    If you sell the rights to a big pharma company, they're going to have you sign something. If you released it to the internet afterwards they'd like you sue you for every penny they gave to you, and then some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Ok honestly that is awesome great idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would give it away for very cheap. Whatever the cost to manufacture it is plus like 2 dollars per treatment. So I can make enough money to live on, but also even poverty people can afford it. I wouldn't get rich. Id be comfortable.

The price would be adjusted to only profit 1 dollar per treatment. So what ever I have to spend on what ever was needed to administer the treatment would be covered and I would still make enough profit off of it to live fine considering how much cancer is out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I lost my mother to cancer, the idea of anyone profiting off of the very thing that could have saved her and countless others is truly disgusting. A human life doesn't have a monetary value.
    Wish more people thought that way sorry about your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Sell it or give it away for free?
    Most likely I would neither sell it nor give it away for free. I would destroy it.

Planet is too overcrowded as it is and it can hardly deal with all the pollution humans create. Cancer, like many other things out there, is a nice way to attempt to maintain a balance.

I wash my hands; I should not be the one handing out "miracles"..... anyways, not my problem, I have my own.

Basically, such things should not be considered until other things such as resources are figured out first imo. Its just a logistics problem from the planet's point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I didnt forget. I never learned. What happened?
    The polio vaccine wasn't patented, so it was basically "given away". Since the developer didn't patent it, it was cheap and was able to be given to poor children who needed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I would give it away for very cheap. Whatever the cost to manufacture it is plus like 2 dollars per treatment. So I can make enough money to live on, but also even poverty people can afford it. I wouldn't get rich. Id be comfortable.

I think profiting off a cure is a scummy thing to do, but at least you're reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Most likely I would neither sell it nor give it away for free. I would destroy it.

Planet is too overcrowded as it is and it can hardly deal with all the pollution humans create. Cancer, like many other things out there, is a nice way to attempt to maintain a balance.

I wash my hands; I should not be the one handing out "miracles"..... anyways, not my problem, I have my own.

Basically, such things should not be considered until other things such as resources are figured out first imo. Its just a logistics problem from the planet's point of view.
    Sounds like sadism ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it instantly cure?

Sell for cheap

Donate money to charities

double wammy

Deleted
    Let's face it we all know where the 'Sell it make a fortune' people are from. Healthcare is a fundamental human right not a privilege. The sooner THEY understand that the better.

Give it away for free, make every possible effort to ensure that it even my assassination won't stop it from going world wide. Will also attempt to destroy heads of pharmaceutical giants so they can't sabotage its deployment.

Edit: I don't mind other people who'd try to make a profit. As long as they're not being unreasonable. I just would prefer to give it away for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Yup. I'd sell it for a huge amount to a pharma company with the stipulation (legally bound and written and all that jazz) that they sell it for a low price.
    They'd buy it, then they'd run some phony tests on it, release that it's not infact a cure for cancer but also incredibly dangerous and not fit for human consumption. Then they'd aggressively prosecute anyone who attempts to use or manufacture the cure with their patent that you handed them. =/ You can't trust pharmaceutical companies. The moment you have a cure they're going to try to silence you and put the cure in its grave. The poll should probably have a "Keep quiet" option for that reason.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2015-03-09 at 11:32 PM.

For free. If only to be known as the idiot that gave billion if not trillions of dollars in revenue away.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Need more context on this... Who, if anyone, gives it to you? Have we solved the problem of overpopulation? Is it easy to reproduce?

You know pharmaceutical companies actually ask themselves "how much money is one life worth?" when deciding on how expensive they can make a particular drug? It's kinda sick.

Sell it. Everyone has health insurance now right?