View Poll Results: If you had been given the cute for all cancers you would.

Voters
401. This poll is closed
  • Sell it make a fortune.

196 48.88%
  • Give it away to all.

205 51.12%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since I'm not a douchebag I would of course give it away to the people who need it but after that I would sell whatever I have left so I can make at least some profit off of it. That is if there is any left. If there isn't whatever I'd be a hero anyway who saved thousands if not millions of lives and that's all that matters. Plus after doing such a heroic thing I'd probably get some sort of reward anyway. Not that that would be the reason for me doing it. Saving those lives and knowing they will have a second chance to live would be enough of a reward for me.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2015-03-11 at 06:37 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    give it away too many people dying from cancer and to the guy who say we are full of shit for giving it away for free I say this...speak for yourself motherfucka

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    I would sell it for 150 dollars each. I'd still make a fortune that way, and i wouldn't feel like a dick.
    You'd make no more than 1000 dollars.

Someone would buy it off you, replicate it and sell it cheaper.

Free market for the win.

10+ Year Old Account
    $300,000,000 per dose.

I would sell it at a fair price, it's dumb not to sell it since most people have health insurance anyway.

I assume even giving it away I'd be made a mutl-millionaire just off of the book deal and film rights I'd command so why not

Deleted
    The cure for all cancers? That's quite a responsibility if you would have that.

What percentage of humanity dies of a form of cancer each year? Curing all would speed up overpopulation and disrupt the balance on the world.

Every year 14 million people get cancer. I'd just sell it for 1$. You'd make more than 14m a year with that business plan, since EVERYONE would gladly pay 1$ to have cancer treatment ready in their homes.

Actually it'd be kind of fun to setup a sort of competition. Put all the cancerous people onto an island similar to what will happen to California.

Then make them fight it out. After a winner is declared, you then give his dose to some random bastard in the next rounds batch, and let him die knowing that he killed all those people for nothing.

#progress.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Yes actually. It's one of the greatest joys in the world, manipulating people into doing things for you out of the goodness of their bleeding hearts. Why do anything for free when you can profit from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Actually it'd be kind of fun to setup a sort of competition. Put all the cancerous people onto an island similar to what will happen to California.

Then make them fight it out. After a winner is declared, you then give his dose to some random bastard in the next rounds batch, and let him die knowing that he killed all those people for nothing.

#progress.
    Watch out guys, we got a real badass over here.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Watch out guys, we got a real badass over here.
    Just another anonymous asshole. He's only trolling. The real progress be putting all people like him on an island with cameras everywhere and make a television show about it. We could call it "People of No Consequence Theater". I would watch it like my life depended on it. And I hate reality TV with a burning passion.

Deleted
    I'd create a NPO trough which i would make sure everyone would get the treatment they needed at cost (subsidized or free for those who can't afford it) I'd be financed trough donations. Naturally i would give myself a large monthly salary but i would NEVER run it as a for profit.

Give it away.

The fame that came with having the cure for cancer would lead to fortune on its own anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would give it away for free and then gladly accept my Nobel Prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Everyone who says they will give it away for free are full of shit.
    I think, it depends on some things. If I was commissioned to do it, and that compensation was adequate for me to pursue and retain the services of Lili Simmons as my wife and support us til out dying days in luxury, i see no need for further profits, when what I have would suffice.

Now, if I did not have those things, I would definitely need to be setup as such for my efforts. I'm not a greedy man, but I do have needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yep. If you gave it away, someone else would just find a way to exploit the hell out of it anyway, and you'll be stuck in a powerless, no-money position.
    This is what I was thinking because I wouldn't want to be a modern day Tesla. Change the world and be left broke and alone.

I wouldn't do what big pharma does though. If they cured cancer they would sell it for 300k a person which isn't that far off from some other cancer treatments we have now.

Deleted
    I'd give it away for free and go into history as the man who cured cancer, rather than go into history as the man who made a fortune out of other people's misery.

I'd find some other way to get rich, if I can figure out how to cure cancer, I can figure out how to get rich.