Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    My town not on the list. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    My town not on the list. :/
    It appears to be, that all cities listed have a metro region attached to them.
    If your town has no metro, it won't show up regardless.

My city is 25th... City size is 500k. But the metro surrounding the city is 3 mio.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It appears to be, that all cities listed have a metro region attached to them.
    If your town has no metro, it won't show up regardless.

My city is 25th... City size is 500k. But the metro surrounding the city is 3 mio.
    Yeah, won't show up then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Wuppertal? MGladbach?

Remember Groenemeyer? "....wer wohnt schon in Duesseldorf"...... lol
    You see? Nobody knows us Oberhausen

Deleted
    Bullshit list,

Liverpool, Manchester and Blackpool are not on the list, Yet Cities like Port au Prince (Haiti), Lagos (Nigeria) and Baghdad (Iraq) are on the list ??
    Seriously.

Now I am the first to admit that the north west of the UK has it's problem areas in cities, but they are no way near as bad as some of the cities on that list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    San Fran is ranked???? The whole Bay Area sucks!
    Even better..
    "If you've had enough of overcrowded tubes, ridiculous rents as well as overpriced bars and restaurants..."

I mean, that's all San Francisco is. Overcrowded, ridiculous rent, and overpriced bars/restaurants.

9th, it seems.

Deleted
    This list seems a bit off, having visited a few places on it.

The rankings are for expatriates only...?

I live in Fringe Denmark ( about the closest translation I could find ) which is essentially getting steadily abandoned due to the governments push in making people migrate to the big cities, that said I am living a comfortable life so good enough I guess.

I tried to view the whole list and it tried to make me sign up for something. I doubt anything in Oklahoma rates very highly though.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Slightly skeptical about this top 30. I been to a lot of those cities listed and none were as agreeable to my lifestyle as NYC.

I found many European cities to be below my expectation outside of the "sites". Lovely places and people (generally), but living there was not what I found acceptable.

I do think American cities can be really poor quality by comparison of those listed if one is low to mid class. In that context i can understand how the top 30 outstrips American cities easily. But if you have any degree of moderate wealth in NYC, it's pretty much the bestest.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-03-10 at 08:00 PM.