Water Elemental Won't Attack/Water Jet Prismatic Crystal?

Anyone else encounter this?

Bug report here for visibility:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/16544444811#1

This definitely decreases the aptitude of the frost bomb-prismatic crystal combo, especially without the 4 piece.
    Last edited by Sw1tch; 2015-03-10 at 06:51 AM.

Deleted
    From what I know, the Water Elemental has never been hitting it on live. If you read the tooltip it states that the mage, and the mage only is able to hit the summoned Prismatic Crystal. So it's not really that weird that the Elemental isn't hitting it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure It's intended and blizzard considers knowing how to time your water jets and prismatic crystals in a way that you get maximum up time of both during a fight part of the skill ceiling of the class
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Deleted
    Tooltip says mage, it sucks at lower gearlvl/when your rng is bad, but honestly its not too big of a deal, you usually do it azap after crystal expires.

On most fights in BRF, you could even argue that crystal is not optimal, so it won't hurt you much!

Deleted
    only YOU can attack PC - tootlip is clear enough about that

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Intended. If the elemental could hit it, so could MI, and that's be really broken.

Well MI, because of the 15% nerf, is now the worst talent for frost in that tier..so maybe it could use it?

I was more asking for it in the sense that the Fbomb/PC combo is severely affected by RNG (getting no procs from FO). Being able to Water Jet the crystal would help significantly. It would seem you should just obtain the 2 charges before casting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple solution, don't play frost in BRF ! Or, don't play Fbomb because it's horrible ! Or, play with TV because it's very good especially with 4P ! See, plenty of solutions

Or don't take PC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    It would seem you should just obtain the 2 charges before casting it.
    Absolutely.

First get the charges, then drop the crystal and throw your lances + orb + follow up lances.

Quote Originally Posted by Sw1tch View Post
    Well MI, because of the 15% nerf, is now the worst talent for frost in that tier
    It's actually the worst talent for all 3 specs. For PvP, MI is a bit more usable though. Funny how they nerf it for Frost and only Frost...

OT: Like everyone else said, "Mage only".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Or don't take PC?
    Best answer because FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK that horribly-designed talent.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Found it an unnecassary obstacle that you couldn't water jet PC, their is enough you need to account for. Although PC is a clunky in this aspect and how it ends overal this is what i've observed:

Arcane: It's a fine talent to use
    Fire: Fire is to rng to make use of PC
    Frost: Too much additional cooldown to take into account and it's nerfed to 10%, not worth it.

Fire and frost are much more trigger happy based on it's procs and frost cooldowns need to be taken into account more. It just doesn't fit in their design. But with arcane it's allright and I now get why arcane mages like it more. Arcane isn't as triger happy and the way you need to manage Arcane gives much better room for PC talent.

I hope in next expansion they remove PC talent for Fire and frost and replace it with something else.

It might be a problem that their are balance issues of how other talents interact with it.
    Last edited by mmoc0e23e5b73e; 2015-03-13 at 11:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Intended. If the elemental could hit it, so could MI, and that's be really broken.
    Why? Synergy between pets and prismatic crystal wouldn't be broken. Currently PC is only viable to use for Frost, which isn't exactly topping BRF or slaughtering people in PvP.

PC is already clunky and awkward enough to use as it is
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2015-03-17 at 01:32 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Why? Synergy between pets and prismatic crystal wouldn't be broken. Currently PC is only viable to use for Frost, which isn't exactly topping BRF or slaughtering people in PvP.

PC is already clunky and awkward enough to use as it is
    Only viable for frost? Do you play a mage? Coz its arcanes main 100 talent. But yes it does suck to use and my idea was for blizzard to implement it so you throw the crystal into the boss(Target), does the same mechanically but u know it will hit the boss and all adds around it regardless of the boss moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Actually could be a buff that Frost really needs.

Letting the water ele waterjet crystal wouldn't make much of a difference at all. It would actually be a nice QOL change.

Even if a frost mage's mirrors could attack the crystal it would hardly make a difference dps wise. Let me explain:

With how mirrors work (you can't manually control them) the real problem with pets attacking crystal would be that they would not switch targets in time. It's only 10% increased damage which means that they would have to successfully cast 10 times to make up for even one miss-cast. Also unless you swap off the crystal early, chances are mirrors would miss-cast.

The thing that makes crystal so strong is the ability to have momentary 2 target cleave damage in a single target situation, not the 10% damage increase.

Munching casts while switching targets by dumb pets would likely result in a dps loss over just staying on their current target. Its for the best that they cant target it.