Deleted

oregorger tanking help

hi guys and girls......

so im quite new to the tanking part in raids, so in blackrock foundry heroic im gonna tank... my question is, do shield block mitigate the acid torrent? ot what ablility to u use to mitigate the acid torrent

Hi,
    Shield Block doesn't mitigate the damage because you can't block it, however shield barrier seems to work (not 100% sure needs to be checked)
    Here is the cd rotation I personnaly use in mythic (it's overkill for heroic you really don't need that much)

1-Demo shout+Armor Trinket+Ironbark
    2-Shield Wall
    3-Hand of Sacrifice+Demo Shout
    4-Pain supression

And i throw a shield barrier everytime, in heroic just be sure to have at least a small reduction on you, warriors don't have that many tools so you'll need externals (Hand of Sacrifice, Vigilance,Ironbark, Pain suppression...)

Deleted
    okay thank u

Deleted
    I'm not sure damage to the ranged is reduced through shield barrier during acid torrent, the barrier is for yourself

Deleted
    u do tank switch at every acid torrent?

Quote Originally Posted by Twamper View Post
    u do tank switch at every acid torrent?
    yes tank swap after each torrent.

Take anger management for lvl 100 talents, it will give you extra shield walls to use on acid torrents.

As warrior you depend on external cooldowns in that fight. When you dont have any of your own mitigation up ask for an Ironbark/pain suppression/hand of sacrifice/vigilance. Rotate those and you should have no problems.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgromir View Post
    yes tank swap after each torrent.

Take anger management for lvl 100 talents, it will give you extra shield walls to use on acid torrents.

As warrior you depend on external cooldowns in that fight. When you dont have any of your own mitigation up ask for an Ironbark/pain suppression/hand of sacrifice/vigilance. Rotate those and you should have no problems.
    I guess you mean an extra Demo shout. Even if you start with shieldwall, I am pretty sure it is not back up at the seventh. And that that only if they interruppt enough to reach seven torrents.

OT: Anger management is, as mentioned above, useful since you can use Demo shout - Shieldwall - Demoshout. Call for externals. Use a full barrier. IF you struggle with it vastly, cheese the mechanic with palabubbles (both work). We did that on mythic and it became a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.