Addon to see AH prices of items

Apparently Auctioneer SHOULD do this. But the prices are wildly inaccurate even though I've been scanning for a while. Is there some other addon I can use? I just want to spend some Garrison Resources on some goods from my Garrison trader to sell but idk what to buy because it's hard to tell what sells for the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Apparently Auctioneer SHOULD do this. But the prices are wildly inaccurate even though I've been scanning for a while. Is there some other addon I can use? I just want to spend some Garrison Resources on some goods from my Garrison trader to sell but idk what to buy because it's hard to tell what sells for the most.
    You probably want to source your data from one of: The TSM online AuctionDB, WoWUction, or The Undermine Journal. Depending which you choose the best option for display varies some -- eg, TUJ used to have their own -- but TSM can access and display price data from them all.

The advantage is they scan every hourly dump, 24x7, to build their price data, so have a clearer picture of market changes, etc, than your in-game scanning provides. (Though, obviously, long term averages rather than short term fluctuations.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Auctioneer does this, and I haven't found any discrepancy. The only inaccuracy is if an item hasn't been listed or seen recently, and market or prices have changed. You can't really do anything about that unless you have a real time item to check against.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Auctioneer yes, or TSM (Tradeskill Master). I personally use TSM + the TSM desktop app that updates the TSM database hourly without ever having the need to manually scan the AH. So in short every time I mouse over an item I get the latest market price on it.

I just got Tradeskill Master and I have more or less set it up with the desktop program. I'm still not sure how to see what I'm looking for though.

For example the lowest price for Nagrand Arrowbloom on the AH is 65 silver each. But I'm not seeing anywhere near that price in the tooltip.

I just got Tradeskill Master and I have more or less set it up with the desktop program. I'm still not sure how to see what I'm looking for though. For example the lowest price for Nagrand Arrowbloom on the AH is 65 silver each. But I'm not seeing anywhere near that price in the tooltip.
    If all you want to do is post lower than the current price there are simpler tools to do that. TSM and Auctioneer love databases that show the *average* price over time, on the assumption that you want to know when it is good or bad to sell -- or if you should sit on stuff for a couple of days for it to revert to the mean, or if you should just buy that cheap flower and relist it at the average price for profit.

Everyone assumed that when you said prices were inaccurate you meant "compared to average prices" so far; it sounds like that isn't what you want, and you actually want to know what the current lowest price is?

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    If all you want to do is post lower than the current price there are simpler tools to do that. TSM and Auctioneer love databases that show the *average* price over time, on the assumption that you want to know when it is good or bad to sell -- or if you should sit on stuff for a couple of days for it to revert to the mean, or if you should just buy that cheap flower and relist it at the average price for profit.

Everyone assumed that when you said prices were inaccurate you meant "compared to average prices" so far; it sounds like that isn't what you want, and you actually want to know what the current lowest price is?
    Basically. Like I said, when I do something like trade Garrison Resources for trade goods I want to know what would be the most profitable thing to buy.

Basically. Like I said, when I do something like trade Garrison Resources for trade goods I want to know what would be the most profitable thing to buy.
    The question is about how you define "most profitable"; personally, I define that as "best average sale value", since I don't mind waiting out the undercutters to make a larger profit. My answer was based on the assumption that (like most people) you probably wanted the same thing.

It looks like http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/auctionlite might do what you want here -- but TSM and Auctioneer probably can, if you configure them right. (Basically, configure them so the "market value" of an item is == undercutting the lowest existing market price.)

Out of the box they, also, assume that you care about long term value, not short term value with the goal of selling everything right now.