Thread: Reputations

Deleted

Reputations

I am aiming for getting the followers you can..All of them and i saw that one is behind a rep called Laughing Skull Orcs..And it said that you can get rep with them in everblom wilds.. I went there and i only get 6-10 rep per mob? Is that realy correct?
    And is there any faster way to get to reveard than grinding thoose mobs?

Basically, no.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/reputa...ng-skull-guide

Only at The Pit and in Everbloom Wilds.

Deleted
    It takes no time to do, can easily get 10k rep an hour.

I'd use the group finder, either find a raid that is farming those for rep, or make up your own and get over to the Pit, fastest way to do it.

Old-fashioned rep, like Shaohao was.

Do it during Darkmoon Faire, at least you can wear the rep hat. Also, guild banners might work. Haven't tried yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post
    I am aiming for getting the followers you can..All of them and i saw that one is behind a rep called Laughing Skull Orcs..And it said that you can get rep with them in everblom wilds.. I went there and i only get 6-10 rep per mob? Is that realy correct?
    And is there any faster way to get to reveard than grinding thoose mobs?
    Unless you like to spend ages, you pretty much have to farm mobs in a group. Killing thousands of NPCs apparently was the best thing Blizzard could come up with. The least they could do was to award rep when finishing a garrison assault at the locations and awarding rep when finishing a respective invasion. Frostwolf/Exarch and Laughing Skull/Shatari are the worst reputations they've had since vanilla. For Shaohao you at least had a useful weekly quest that you could fulfill by killing yaungols and there even was a daily for some bonus rep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Unless you like to spend ages, you pretty much have to farm mobs in a group. Killing thousands of NPCs apparently was the best thing Blizzard could come up with. The least they could do was to award rep when finishing a garrison assault at the locations and awarding rep when finishing a respective invasion. Frostwolf/Exarch and Laughing Skull/Shatari are the worst reputations they've had since vanilla. For Shaohao you at least had a useful weekly quest that you could fulfill by killing yaungols and there even was a daily for some bonus rep.
    "omg blizzard give us easy rep"

*Exalted with every faction after a week*

"fu blizz no contentz i am cry"

They intended reputation to be more time consuming, you are not meant to zerg it all at once, you are meant to spread it over the course of the expansion. That's why Invasions trigger from mob kills, they want you to kill x amount of mobs a week, not no-life farm mobs for hours on end.

Stop asking for handouts, seriously.

I did it in the Pit, was pretty fast, just go as you would do a dungeon, 3 dpsers, 1 tank and 1 healer, everyone picks up the hand cannons and fire crystals and the mobs melt down. As someone who has done all the rep grinds in the game to Exalted, I'd rank Laughing Skulls at 4/10 in tediousness.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post

They intended reputation to be more time consuming, you are not meant to zerg it all at once, you are meant to spread it over the course of the expansion. That's why Invasions trigger from mob kills, they want you to kill x amount of mobs a week, not no-life farm mobs for hours on end.

You'd think there would be a middle ground.

Was I asking for a handout? I'm just mentioning the utter failure in design philosophy with certain reputations. Arakkoa, Steamwheedle and Ashran are fine. Arakkoa gets a nice boost from questing and has a BoA token that's rewarded from a mission. Steamwheedle has the BoA tokens from the rare elites, a BoA token that can be found in chests and missions and everything north of the river in Nagrand drops fragments that are worth 12.5 reputation each (with multiple fragments per kill being very common). Only been in Ashran once for half an hour or so, but have some 800 rep from dicking around because our base was being farmed.

Funny that you mention invasions by the way. The way you trigger invasions is pretty much the definition of no-life farming mobs for hours on end.

Deleted

Farming laughing skull is content, seriously? Especially with the copy and paste mount as reward?

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Farming laughing skull is content, seriously? Especially with the copy and paste mount as reward?
    If you get that mount you also get the Shatari Defense mount as well.

Blizzard always overdoes things.

But I agree that they are going good direction. People should have things to do for the whole year. This is not something to rush in the first few months. They should design more daily or weekly quests that send people out to the world killing things. Reps will come as a result.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    If you get that mount you also get the Shatari Defense mount as well.
    Fairly sure you don't. It's not happening for Ashran either. Those mounts seem to be counted seperately for some mind boggling reason.

Rep grinds...content? I have a call holding for you. Says it's from 2005, and it's looking for it's content.

Quote Originally Posted by l0nglive View Post
    Blizzard always overdoes things.

But I agree that they are going good direction. People should have things to do for the whole year. This is not something to rush in the first few months. They should design more daily or weekly quests that send people out to the world killing things. Reps will come as a result.
    My problem is that Blizzard only has one way of reacting to complaints and thats to throw the lever in the complete opposite direction breaking it off in the process.

"Oh people didn't like having 4 hours of dailies in MoP? Let's not just scale them back lets just get rid of them almost entirely"

It's really like despite having one of the most popular games on the planet they have a someone at dev meetings go "well what if we just made dailies for things like rep or things that aren't mandatory" and get told its a stupid idea.

Wait and do it during DMF so you get the hat. Join a group through LFG and have everyone rotate Guild Banners (if you run out of range of one). If you really want Exalted ASAP race change to a human and then change back once you hit Exalted.